IGNORED

Favorite thai dish

Nobody mentioned Tom Kha Goong?? It's so addictive I try to do it myself while in Europe (11 months a year, that is... :001_Thank_You5: )and believe it or not with great success after 4 or 5 tries. If you live in a big city outside SE Asia you may still find all fresh ingredients and do it exactly as in LOS with minimal effort. I cook it for my friends and family, still have to find anybody who dislikes it.

• 2 weeks later...

i just get my missus to order everything all i do is eat it and pay, most of it is aroi makk!!

my all time favourite dish in thailand has to be penang chicken curry. absolutely spot on especially from the beer garden.. 55555555

OMG this thread is making me :GoldenSmile1:

Thai food is sooo good :Drunk1: . Back home in restaurantsd I usually order pretty simple staff, green and panang curry, chicken satays or fried rice of some sort. But i'll for sure try as many different things as possible when in LOS.

Those pictures are also amazing.

V.

• 1 month later...

I loves me some Tom Kha (spicy coconut soup w/ chicken or shrimp)!!

Also, i can't resist the basic Som Tum (spicy green papaya salad).

Light travels faster than sound...that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Laab Gai pet mak mak... (only way to eat it) Pad Thai Gai pet mak mak (only way to eat it) Tom Yam Goong pet mak mak (do I have to say it) and of course Stick Rice and Mango.. I'm guity, what can I say... I like the stuff.

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€

• 2 weeks later...

Thai green chicken curry - aloy

Ham, cheese and fried egg toastie from 7-11...Aroy mak.

Yes, you are sexy....But do you take it up the shitter?

Tom kha kai - ( next to nova park soi AR )

Pad Thai - ( dem dueng Pattaya klang )

"Phrik khii nuu" is Thai Chili and "mang dah" is a Thai delicacy which is used in chili paste. Thai food is very different from Chinese food even though rice and noodles are common for both food. Pad Thai is the classic dish. Usually this dish is not really popular in Thailand, but because it has "Thai' in the name, then people usually choose this one to be the choice to try.

I love 99% of all Thai food. I've eaten it all too, the insects, larvae, raw beef, etc. I prefer not to eat the insects, larvae, and raw beef, but if I'm in Isaan I will not insult the locals when they offer it to me. I usually have a small sample to be polite and then say aloy and move on to something else. My favorite Isaan breakfast has the fried pork ribs, man I love those. I love the duck and all the soups. I still love Tom Yam Goong and all it's variations, that never gets old. I eat spicier than the Thai's so I always love the spicy dishes. All the seafood dishes are excellent, I especially love the fish in lime sauce and also the fried fish I get in Pattaya on South Jomtien Beach. I have a weakness for chicken with basil and cashew nuts for breakfast when in tourist spots. I still love sipping coconuts on the beach and also the coconut shakes you can get in the tourist areas. Most foreigners can't stand the Durian fruit, but I absolutely love it. I'll admit that it's definitely better ripe and as fresh as possible. The texture and smell turn a lot of people off, but if you can give it a shot I believe that most people will actually like it once they taste it. For the foreigners that have issues with the food, I recommend carrying pepto bismol tablets on you for the times something might turn your stomach the wrong way.

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my favorites!

Yummy Yummy; my kind of food.

So what is it (I know it is Prawns); what is the Thai name for that meal please?

I love seeing the pics, they are making me drool... I should find me some recepies and cook some stuff for myself at home(or find me a nice thai chick who wants to do it for me :) )

I don't have a favorite thai dish, I just like so many of them, nice and spicy too.

• 2 months later...

• Pad khaprau moo
  • Larb gai
  • Pad Thai
  • Pad ki maao
  • Pad farang
  • Gin Tonic
  • Sa-moke my cigar

Used to love 'Lab Moo' but I found a variant called 'Nam Tok Moo'; means 'waterfall' but usually not very watery.

Nam Tok Moo.jpg

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

• 3 weeks later...

"Moo Dad Diew"/"Mu Daet Diao" - strips of pork marinated and sundried then deep fried served with a chilli dipping sauce.

http://www.ucancookthai.com/language-thai/thai-recipes/deep-fried/content-pork-df.htm

Please help my mouth is watering just looking at this food please more pictures and fave restaurants please

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite thai food is Por Pia Tord (Fried Spring Roll).It is one of the most popular appetizers for me because it is not spicy and comes with sweet and sour dip. Spring rolls are crispy pastries with fried vegetable fillings.

• 2 weeks later...

nam tok moo sop nomai ganng horlay just to name a few

A few of my My favorite

Daily Favorite

Red curry beef(left) Cashew nut fry chicken{Gai pad met ma muang)

11102009439.jpg?t=1281033660

Dry chicken noodle(BAn bee gai Hang)

01102009302.jpg?t=1281033692

Fresh From the ocean

Steam fresh fish with lemongrass & limesauce(Pla ka pong)

27102009701.jpg?t=1281033940

Grilled Giant prawn

27102009700.jpg?t=1281033764

Gathering Treats

All u can eat thai bbq steamboat

01102009307.jpg?t=1281033805

Mushroom Pot

13102009450.jpg?t=1281033844

Edited by Rub&Buah

Make Love Not War!

lovenotwar.jpg

Wow, this thread and all of its pics are making me miss Thailand. I ordered pad krapao moo (spicy basil pork) from a restaurant and it barely resembled what I've had in LOS. The lady asked on a 1-5 scale, how spicy I wanted my dish. I chose five, yet my food was still in need of more chili sauce. Also, it was about 9 times more expensive!

Wow, this thread and all of its pics are making me miss Thailand. I ordered pad krapao moo (spicy basil pork) from a restaurant and it barely resembled what I've had in LOS. The lady asked on a 1-5 scale, how spicy I wanted my dish. I chose five, yet my food was still in need of more chili sauce. Also, it was about 9 times more expensive!

Virtually impossible to find a lot of the dishes in New Zealand restaurants as well, and if you do they are watered down or missing key ingredients eg som tam with carrot not papaya wtf!

So I make it all myself, luckily there are some decent produce markets in Auckland with asian veges and herbs.

Pad krapao moo or gai is actually really quick and easy to make if you have a wok and a gas ring.

This site is fairly good as a lot of the recipes have videos of vendors making the dish which is really nice.

http://importfood.com/recipes.html