Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mr. Dream Transport - Bad experiences

brutale

I have said this 100´s f time it feels like, but here it is again.

I allways goes up to the departure entrance,and take a ordinary taxi from there(costs about 1000-1200 thb,but it is worth it,never have to wait,and there is ALLWAYS cab´s in)

i used to do that from Don Muang to downtown BKK. I guess they still aren't using the meter?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to do that from Don Muang to downtown BKK. I guess they still aren't using the meter?

You'd be very lucky to get one of them agree to use the meter on the Swampy to Pattaya run. I think that the metered fare works against them on those long trips (It's always been that way since they indroduced the meters back in the early 90's). Of course Don Muang to BKK or Swampy to BKK is a much shorter journey and I have always found a cab that's just dropped off willing to to use their meter from the airports.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

You'd be very lucky to get one of them agree to use the meter on the Swampy to Pattaya run. I think that the metered fare works against them on those long trips (It's always been that way since they indroduced the meters back in the early 90's). Of course Don Muang to BKK or Swampy to BKK is a much shorter journey and I have always found a cab that's just dropped off willing to to use their meter from the airports.

I had mixed results in the 90's with walking to the departures. They either tried to charge the airport surcharge which is not that big of a deal but the worst experience i had was a rigged meter, it was way overpriced. Back then on an expense account it was not that big of a deal and I just paid, but I was a newbie and would not do it now.

Worst experience i ever had in a taxi was in Manila. Driver kept honking the horn which is not unusual but this guy was doing it way too much even when there were not any cars around. I finally figured out when he honked the horn the meter jumped up by 20 pesos, guy had the meter rigged to the horn.

I have used Mr Dream 3 times and never had any real problems.

I must say to the original OP, that in my opinion he is wrong.

If you look at the posting, after screwing up he was offered free pick up-NOW thats more then any other Thai company would do for you.

How many times has anyone used Thai company and something went wrong? What did you get to fix the problem? In my experience nothing, sometimes not even an apology. How many times, have you booked taxi and had no show? I had it many times and nothing to fix the problem.

I am sorry for your bad experience, but he did offer you free service and may be it was not to your liking, but it sounds like the guy did try to fix the problem.

Just like any business there are always problems and unhappy customers,What makes good business is how you deal with problems and complaints. In Thailand, there is no such thing as customer service or satisfaction. In your case, problem was handled, again, may be not to your liking but it was handled with free ride.

I think its only fair to be fair! Do not you?!

If you look at the posting, after screwing up he was offered free pick up-NOW thats more then any other Thai company would do for you.

How many times has anyone used Thai company and something went wrong? What did you get to fix the problem? In my experience nothing, sometimes not even an apology. How many times, have you booked taxi and had no show? I had it many times and nothing to fix the problem.

I am sorry for your bad experience, but he did offer you free service and may be it was not to your liking, but it sounds like the guy did try to fix the problem.

Just like any business there are always problems and unhappy customers,What makes good business is how you deal with problems and complaints. In Thailand, there is no such thing as customer service or satisfaction. In your case, problem was handled, again, may be not to your liking but it was handled with free ride.

I see your point, but I disagree. He made offers, but did not follow through. Instead of the free ride to Patts, I was told that I would get a 1000 baht discount for a MINIVAN from Swampy to Hua Hin. What I got was a narcoleptic driver who almost killed me in his crappy old Camry. If he truly wanted to fix the issue he would have actually sent the vehicle he promised and a driver who could stay awake. I paid the going rate for a car from the airport to Hua Hin, so I did not actually get a discount. The rate for a minivan was 2500, I paid 1500, but for a car. This is the current rate, so no actual discount was given.

Feel free to use whomever you like, but Im not quite ready to die and after being screwed twice by this guy I will be using other more dependable options.

Never trust anything that can bleed for 5-7 days and still live!!

Life is not the amount of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/28.jpg&text=Until%20I%20am%20balls%20deep%20in%20some%20Thai%20pussy%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=0&day=28&hour=19&minute=15&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

Meter Swampy to central Pattaya is 760-790 baht.

Its actually not surprising they won't use the meter as most cannot find a return fare. Meters into BKK are different matter entirely not because its sh0rter but because wherever they drop you off they can pick up a new fare (probably).

Long one way journeys tend to be 1.5 x meter in many countries making 1200 pretty much the correct rate for a non meter run.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I have also used Mr Toom often with no problems..and Jan's service and Mr C...was thinking about dream transport based on posts here...decided on Bell bus as I arrive mid day and a 3 month stay no great hurry....sorry your experience was bad...wonder if others had the same....

Unfortunately i do not think Bell is as reliable as some people may think.

Just few days ago took Bell to airport. Bus left 45 mins later because they were waiting for 3 people who were running late.Full bus was held back for 45 mins because of 3 people. Pure luck that i did not miss my flight. Mind you at no time did Bell staff inform any of us on the bus reason for delay and how long the delay would be. I went to the office to complain that i was going to miss my flight, they did not even try to say sorry, just nod the head and say ok ok.

Unfortunately i do not think Bell is as reliable as some people may think.

Just few days ago took Bell to airport. Bus left 45 mins later because they were waiting for 3 people who were running late.Full bus was held back for 45 mins because of 3 people. Pure luck that i did not miss my flight. Mind you at no time did Bell staff inform any of us on the bus reason for delay and how long the delay would be. I went to the office to complain that i was going to miss my flight, they did not even try to say sorry, just nod the head and say ok ok.

Good point and not uncommon.

I a surprised people risk the bus BACK to the airport. I think most recommending Bell are referring to the inbound trip to Pattaya.

Good point and not uncommon.

I a surprised people risk the bus BACK to the airport. I think most recommending Bell are referring to the inbound trip to Pattaya.

I think the problem on the return using Bell is they pick up people from their hotel,etc. The coordination is tough to pick up the people from their hotels and then meet at the bus station. I found this service from Jomtien reliable and its not far from Pattaya. for 124 baht it is like a sore dick, you can't beat it.

http://www.airportpattayabus.com

I think the problem on the return using Bell is they pick up people from their hotel,etc. The coordination is tough to pick up the people from their hotels and then meet at the bus station. I found this service from Jomtien reliable and its not far from Pattaya. for 124 baht it is like a sore dick, you can't beat it.

http://www.airportpattayabus.com

Prices must have changed! paid 200 baht

I caught the Bells bus back to airport from Patts at the beginning of the month. It was scheduled to leave at 1300 but didn't depart till 1330 because of other late arrivals, but the driver made up time and we arrived as scheduled at 1500.

Good service for only 200baht

:)

i agree with you buga..i've booked with him xmas and i will judge him after that

Personally, I have used http://www.thelimopattaya.com for the past 3 years.

Not the cheapest but always punctual and always friendly.

I have used them as well and always on time with a good driver in a nice car. On my trip in August I used Mr Dream and found it to be ok. I did not book a return trip to the airport with his service. I have also used Secrets service before, which s really good but expensive. I am using them again in December.

A quick look at my posting history will show I've been a strong supporter of this 'business' in the past. I now put business in inverted commas because it's become clear how unprofessional it is. This is what happened, with no exaggeration:

No driver met me at the airport, I made a number of calls to Jason, had to sit around with thumb up arse for 40 minutes. This is after I had the decency to pay in advance. The beer that I paid for was not provided. Not a great way to start my holiday, but after 40 minutes waiting a driver arrived and everything went OK.

A few weeks later it's time to go home. I confirm everything the day before via email and get a firm confirmation in reply. Looking good. But the driver doesn't show. I make phone calls to Jason again. Lots of calls. Driver shows up over 30 minutes late in an ancient little shitbox. A very slow drive, but even though we were late I didn't try to hurry him because it wouldn't have been safe in such an old car. Then he stopped for fuel, even though he easily had enough on the gauge to get us to airport. And he filled up completely, so it seemed to take forever.

I didn't miss my flight but it was a fucked up way to start my long return trip being all stressed out.

I'm glad the owner will not be replying because there's no longer anything he could say. I will never use them again and strongly advise anyone else to think twice before doing so.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

sent the wrong vehicle for us last week,sould have been suv or minivan.so we had to go to taxi rank and hire large taxi.cancelled return trip.mr t taxi service good service.

I like Jason and his wife, I am sorry to hear he is having such significant challenges with patrons...and subcontractors.

Im sure a certain percentage of mess-ups are inevitable in Thailand just due to the nature of subcontracted transport (and Im sure everyone uses subcontractors).

I will continue to use him myself until I too have a challenge just cuz Im a very loyal guy and so far I have had zero problems, but...it will only take one...and, if he screws up an arrival, its really no biggie, Ill just get one of the other 100 providers waiting for me at the curb at BKK...but then I NEVER prepay anyone for anything...

Cheers, Alex

Jason has a reputation as a scammer and 'Arthur Daley" "Walter Mitty" type

It took a while but the board finally recognised that

The guy has a bad rep(not just for his transport) in pattaya and is a typical desparate farang trying to stay in Thailand

Most conmen do come across as nice guys

Thats their job

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Jason has a reputation as a scammer and 'Arthur Daley" "Walter Mitty" type

It took a while but the board finally recognised that

The guy has a bad rep(not just for his transport) in pattaya and is a typical desparate farang trying to stay in Thailand

Most conmen do come across as nice guys

Thats their job

Do not you think you been little unfair and unreasonable??

What is a desparate farang in your definitions?Someone who tries to run a business or someone who is not to your liking?

Conman by definition is someone who cons you out of your money and scammer is someone who tries to get more then what he paid for or offered!

How has he conned anyone or scammed anyone?

Keep in mind, his rates are cheaper then even meter taxi by 300-500 baht.

Yes in some cases, driver did not show up, but people were not charged for it

Yes in some cases they got the wrong car but again they were not charged for BMW and got Toyota.

I am sorry i am only a new member and reading this and most other forums it is so pathetic to see how people try to "fuck" each other.

Every day, someone posts something about being scammed or extorted by Thai people. How you expect for this to stop when you yourself do nothing but bash the foreigner who tries to make a living.

Yes he is trying to stay here and tries to run a business and what is wrong with that?

Do you have the problem that he can stay here? or your problem is that he makes money?

May be rather then bashing the guy, how about you come over and start same business- may be you can do better.

I am not defending his business nor am i taking sides, but simply saying that this kind of attitude is what allows for Thais to continue to extort, scam and everything else.

Why do not foreigners try to help each other out rather then fuck each other up

Any time, you see a group of Thais bashing some foreign guy, same time you see another 10-20 over 100 kg foreigner stand around and do nothing.

I am sorry to say but your comments are no different!

sent the wrong vehicle for us last week,sould have been suv or minivan.so we had to go to taxi rank and hire large taxi.cancelled return trip.mr t taxi service good service.

How do you go to taxi rank and hire a large taxi? especially minivan taxi? i am yet to see one around!

When you go to taxi rank you get a ticket and driver comes to take you to his taxi,

Drivers queue up same as passangers. Who's ever turn, thats the car you get and 99.9% of the time its Toyota Altis or something similar.

So how did you manage to pick and choose the size and age of the car while everyone else is unable to do so?

I was all ready to book a car with this guy from BKK to Pattaya. I sent him my info and looked for a confirmation. He insisted on payment upfront and I refused so now I am booked with P.T Taxi for 100 Baht less and far fewer hassles.

This guy sounds like a piece of work and I'll never need to contact him again.

we went to rank and asked for estate car to fit our bags in,simple as that.

??? To clarify, a meter taxi from Airport to Pattaya is 760 baht.

Getting them to agree to put the meter ON is another matter entirely.

Not get involved in the other arguments but lets and remain factual here fellas.

??? To clarify, a meter taxi from Airport to Pattaya is 760 baht.

Getting them to agree to put the meter ON is another matter entirely.

Not get involved in the other arguments but lets and remain factual here fellas.

LOL, getting them to agree--- so true.

Last time. i went to taxi meter rank -1500 baht and no discussions and this was the price not from taxi driver but from people issuing tickets for the taxi

Do not you think you been little unfair and unreasonable??

What is a desparate farang in your definitions?Someone who tries to run a business or someone who is not to your liking?

Conman by definition is someone who cons you out of your money and scammer is someone who tries to get more then what he paid for or offered!

How has he conned anyone or scammed anyone?

Yes in some cases, driver did not show up, but people were not charged for it

Yes in some cases they got the wrong car but again they were not charged for BMW and got Toyota.

I am sorry i am only a new member and reading this and most other forums it is so pathetic to see how people try to "fuck" each other.

Every day, someone posts something about being scammed or extorted by Thai people. How you expect for this to stop when you yourself do nothing but bash the foreigner who tries to make a living.

Yes he is trying to stay here and tries to run a business and what is wrong with that?

Do you have the problem that he can stay here? or your problem is that he makes money?

May be rather then bashing the guy, how about you come over and start same business- may be you can do better.

I am not defending his business nor am i taking sides, but simply saying that this kind of attitude is what allows for Thais to continue to extort, scam and everything else.

Why do not foreigners try to help each other out rather then fuck each other up

Any time, you see a group of Thais bashing some foreign guy, same time you see another 10-20 over 100 kg foreigner stand around and do nothing.

I am sorry to say but your comments are no different!

I wasnt just talking about this business. i am not here to educate you and I am sure if you choose to trust jason over time you will come to the conclusion that many others that 'stuck up' for him in the past came to

I wont go into details as the people he screwed chose not to air their dirty laundry here and I respect that

Unfortunately while Pattaya has many genuine and good farang making a go of it. It does attract an inordinate amount of scammers, this guy is one of them, although on the petty end of the scale

I bit my tongue previously seeing his BS posts, I chose not to in this instance

Go for it mate give him your money :GoldenSmile1:

Make sure you save plenty for all the other 'friends' you will meet in pattaya as your education continues

cheers

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Archived