IGNORED

Why are so many people negative about Pattaya?

expat22

Hi Muggins.

yes your right its me,and at the moment i am sitting at the computer here in Banglamung,i used to quite enjoy writting the blog in the sun but since they changed it around ,it just seems to have died and hardly anybody is writting a blog any more ,a sure case of if it aint broke dont fix it!!.

Actually i have had a few people ask me to start up again and have lots of old posters sending messages so maybe i willgive it a go. One thing i dont like is that the sun no longer tell you how many are reading the blog,its not that i want to get a massive tally ,its just if no one is reading it its not worth writting. by the way i also write on Thaivisa under the name of Thaimate.

all the best and enjoy your time here .

Why not just start a blog on a dedicated blog site?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Why not just start a blog on a dedicated blog site?

Any sugestions? i had never thaught of it. although i was asked to go on www.exilesofexiles.com a lot of sun posters who live abroad have started it.

Edited by expat22

i got stolen on a bathbus the second last day before leaving LOS.

Stayed in asia several months and it was the first time i got stolen.

My wallet was in a side pocket of my shorts and it was zipped closed, during the songkran they spray with cold water into the bathbus. And some people use the hectic situation to take something out of your bags and pockets. So be ware.

AGAIN i thought it were only 'reckless, stupid, naïef, drunk' people who got stolen!! I never felt anything and was so angry at my self and felt like a fucking loser on a first trip abroud. Last but not least, normaly i carry around maximum 500bath in case i get stolen. Now i had 6000bath because i wanted to buy some stuff before heading home and still had to pay a part for my appartment. Just bad luck. The day before i took 10 000bth out of an atm and had my credit cards on me. If it had happened that day it would have been far worse now it was 6000bth without creditcards.

NEVER walk around with you creditcards if you will not be using them and NEVER walk around with your pasport but With a copy of the first page(picturepage).

I know a few people who have been robbed on Baht buses, that aside I have not seen much crime.

• 4 weeks later...

Organising a trip there for feb 2010, girls are the main draw card, I too won't treat them as hookers and see what I get :D, the rest I'll watch out for - Thanks...

I have never treated any of my girls like hookers and they have always have given that back in many nice ways wink wink .most thais want to give you some thing for you money i find as the last post said if you walk in it you will find it any there in the world.

Same same here. Thing is, I don't see these girls as hookers. They are just normal girls with normal jobs! When I try to explain it to my friends and family, they cannot understand it.

Thank God for the hookers. Pity the world is not full of them :-). About thieves: in Belgium we have a lot = politicians, lawyers, etc. etc.. 1500 baht for a great night, sometimes feels like you stole the honey...

Maybe I am wrong, but I feel safe in Patts, always have a great time. Of course according to statistics the chance of getting a negative experience is rising when I only have had goodtimes so far. I agree about being addicted to Patts. The adrenaline starts flowing the moment I think of going back again. And back home I have trouble concentrating, think about it most of the time for weeks....hehe. Never think of the riscs of being robbed in Patts, dont hear too many bad stories either. I dont take my wallet, just one card with a code and 3000 baht cash. Loose in my pocket. I dont wear expensive watch, camera or gold... and I only take my private jewels, because they dont serve me for nothing back in the safe. To think of it: going to Pattaya and complain it is full of hookers. Hehe, funny really. LOL.

Pattaya is full of hookers and thats the way it should stay or we would not be here talking about it. I have been visiting this fair town 4 times a year for the last 5 years and i wish I would have done it sooner. When I try to explain why I do this to my friends they find it very hard to understand why I spend my hard earnt on Thai hookers. Ive got a lot more money to spend on Thai hookers before I equal the amount I spent on the Aussie hooker I was married to for 20 years . The Thai hookers may be experts at extracting money from me but at least I get something for it

all the heroine addicts say that heroin is shit pattaya is as good and addictive that makes you hate it. There is no city in the world that has so many people addicted to it. Ass any heaven you will get some shit heads screwing the place.

And god bless Thai Hookers they are 10x more decent than many peoples wifes who complaine about pattaya. Dont have to trash the hard working hookers just because you are impotent and the wifie...... :Kiss5:

just wondering-why people think the crowd visiting pattaya has gotten younger over the years? if indeed it has, maybe it just the people that remember that far back have gotten older.

sounds like a great place----willl the hookers steal my heart

not only will they steal yuor heart they will steal your soul

Pattaya to me is a great place to visit for a few days only.

I spend a lot of time on Phuket Island, up the coast North of Pataong, towards to airport.

If I want the bar and gogo night life it's a 15 minute scooter ride to Patong.

But I find bar girls in places like Kamala Beach just a good, if not better,

not pushy and fun to be with. Life here runs at a much slower pace.

Everything is so much cheaper than Patts or Patong.

I shop at local markets, when I can and eat at local places. Never been sick from food.

I go to Phuket to relax and smell the roses.

But when I feel the need to hit the night life and girls hard, there is no place on earth like Patts.

Been to AC, it's OK, but it's not as full on as Patts.

I just get a cheap Air Asia flight to BKK, or go direct with Bangkok Airways. Works out about the same price with cabs.

I let the madness out then go back to the laid back life style on Phuket, until next time.

Back to the thread title, to me yes it is that bad.

Compared to Patong and other places I've been.

You are more likely to get your pocket picked or get ripped off in Patts.

In fact security wise, I have to keep reminding myself where I am.

I never recommend Patts to a newbie that has not had a taste of other places first.

I've been going to LOS for many years and had many side trips to Patts, don't know how you can

describe 2,3 or 4 weeks in Patts as a great holiday, seems to me most that do this write up

on here about being out all night almost every night and by the end of their trip totally stuffed

so they need to go home for a rest. Then again everyone to their own, maybe I have just gotten over it.

Some time back I wrote a thread about getting the blues from leaving Patts.

Latter I realised it was the blues from not being able to just go get a nice Thai girl, when the thought got me.

Sure I will always hate leaving LOS, but not Patts.

• 2 weeks later...

So many people have negative things to say about our town,why? ,there is so much to do here fantastic beaches just down the road,great shopping ,so many attractions and for the guys who still go out at night masses of lovely girls,whats not to like?.

[/quote

Too many non Thais....(well you asked!) I enjoy the clubs on the occasions that I visit....Not that Bangkok doesn't have a lot of non Thais, but you can live in parts of the city where you may only see one all day...If you speak any Thai you would be embarrassed at what the girls are saying about all the ATM's walking around...I think the Issan folks have become jaded in Pattaya and the new girls comming in soon develope similiar attitude's...Pattaya used to be beautiful back in the 70's...Than the Germans (with Thai partners), moved in and built Hotels and imported cheap labor from Issan country...(Iknow, it was good for bussiness.) There are plenty of girls and bars and clubs through out the country in almost any major city...There are much more beautiful Beaches in other parts of Thailand and for that matter many other parts of asia! even right here on Guam (where I am today) the beaches are great, plenty of girls, (Japanese, Chamoro, Philipina,Korean, Micronesian, even Thai,). I for one just do not like to share the beach with lots of other people. And I like to dive in clean clear water! (sometimes its ok though!) Pattaya reminds me of a Navy town, except the fleet is always in! If you get my meaning! Why fly all the way from where ever some of you come from to sit with more of you from the same places? I call it a carnival show.

Check out Chang Mai for a change,,,better yet go to Lampang, or Chang Rai...still plenty of girls! In Lampang and ChangRai there is less competion (Thai girl to Farang).

But I don't hate the place! To each his own!

Cheers www.snakephoto.blogspot.com

Any sugestions? i had never thaught of it. although i was asked to go on www.exilesofexiles.com a lot of sun posters who live abroad have started it.

I like www.blogspot.com I use it and its great...I mostly post pics but its a google product and is very friendly...You can check my blog as an example www.snakephoto.blogspot.com...My blog is not much to write home about but its fun!!!

Cheers

George671 [email protected]

A scam and a violent crime are two different things. Pattaya may be full of scams, but it is not a place where violent crimes occur often. At least not as often as you would find them in any large European or US city. People should take a good look at how crime fares in their own countries, before criticizing Pattaya or any other Thai city for that matter.

He who loses a limb lives on. He who loses his head does not.