IGNORED

Why are so many people negative about Pattaya?

expat22

LOL , its like any city in the world i bet that has things to offer like pattaya has to offer. Amsterdam for example has hookers , legal weed ,, pushers on the corners sellin god knows what but its a lovely city with lots to offer! , anywhere can be bad ,anywhere can be good . Most are personal choice and what you feel is wright or wrong... I am a party animal and very open minded so i don't care about anything really hehe ... if you dont like it dont go there or do it ,, easy as :-)

Edited by jumpman233345
Posted Image

For us recent visitors (less than 5 years) that are young/handsome we were unhappy with the quality of the girls. In the past I've walked into a GoGo like happy and saw 10 girls I would take in a flash, but I just didn't see that on this trip. I'm not sure if it's because of the time of year or just the luck of the draw. I'm not like some others and swearing off Pattaya because I feel the diamonds are still there to be found, it's just not as easy to find them as it once was. Hopefully as World economies pick back up and high season returns (If there is one this year) the real stunners will return.

I'll be back in January and I will let you know what I think.

Big Chris

Might it not be that after a few visits you inevitably become a little desensitised, blase or even jaded. That you are seeing the very same types of girls you thought were fantastic on your first few trips but after having 'been there done that' you need more. Similar to the way a heroin junkie needs more 'gear' each time and will swear blind that the 'stuff used to be stronger in the old days'?

Just a thought!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

"So many people"? Who exactly are you talking about? As for the mainstream people of the world most of the press and information out there about Pattaya is that it's a town full of underage girls forced into the sex trade and infected with HIV. Of course if I hadn't been to Pattaya many times and only read the press I would have negative things to say as well based on that assumption.

As for the very long time visitors (10 yrs or more) I don't believe they are very happy with the changes in the city over the last couple of years. I think they were happy when the city was a stop over for older guys with deep pockets and a port call for the Navy on their way home. The Navy brought the huge influx of money and then left the city to the old timers when they returned to their ships. Now many of the girls are getting picky about the guys and waiting for the young/handsome men to take them for the night or raising their prices for the older guys.

For us recent visitors (less than 5 years) that are young/handsome we were unhappy with the quality of the girls. In the past I've walked into a GoGo like happy and saw 10 girls I would take in a flash, but I just didn't see that on this trip. I'm not sure if it's because of the time of year or just the luck of the draw. I'm not like some others and swearing off Pattaya because I feel the diamonds are still there to be found, it's just not as easy to find them as it once was. Hopefully as World economies pick back up and high season returns (If there is one this year) the real stunners will return.

Big Chris

When i said so many people,you just have to read the negative comments from guys who live here in Thailand but not Pattaya ,on these blogs and the likes of Thaivisa.

I myself came to Pattaya 20 years ago and now live here for the last 4 years and had a buisness in Bangers for nearly 10 years ,i know its changed over the years but honestly to say the girls charge less for young guys is to say the least ,bollocks. you obviously dont live here ,for us handsome older guys :GoldenSmile1: the girls run after us just the same as they run after the younger guys,they want our money not our good looks ,but then hey go on deluding yourself its your body they are after.

hope you enjoy youself when you come back ,believe me there are loads of stunners still walking around our fair town.

It seems to me the reason for going to patts is the ladies hookers or not these girls are surely doing the business to obtain a income why wouldnt they be hard its their business just take at look at the hookers in any farang country are they not similar? When I visit I will try and be optimistic and have as much fun as I can after all thats why we go there no?

most of the people who bag pattaya dont go there for there holidays they go to Phuket or up north. i to go to Patong for a few weeks a year but also go to pattaya or maybe they think that they are to good for pattaya i dont know let them stay away more walking space for us.

"So many people"? Who exactly are you talking about? As for the mainstream people of the world most of the press and information out there about Pattaya is that it's a town full of underage girls forced into the sex trade and infected with HIV. Of course if I hadn't been to Pattaya many times and only read the press I would have negative things to say as well based on that assumption.

As for the very long time visitors (10 yrs or more) I don't believe they are very happy with the changes in the city over the last couple of years. I think they were happy when the city was a stop over for older guys with deep pockets and a port call for the Navy on their way home. The Navy brought the huge influx of money and then left the city to the old timers when they returned to their ships. Now many of the girls are getting picky about the guys and waiting for the young/handsome men to take them for the night or raising their prices for the older guys.

Big Chris

Some good points BC. I ignore press reports about Pattaya as they are printed to sell papers and make mountains out of molehills. I'm one of the older punters who does not like the changes I've seen in the last few years. But you need deeper pockets now than you did 10 years ago, then everything was much more affordable. You could get any girl to stay LT with you for 1000 bt, now some gogo girls are looking for 2000 or even 3000 bt and the 'two week wonders' are obliging them.

It is not your imagination, the girls are definitely not so attractive as they were and many of the young'uns are only interested in the young men who have started coming here in recent years. I remember they used to be all over us old blokes in places like Tony's in WS but now they don't give us a second glance and the bar girls shriek and scream to attract the young fellows when they walk past the bars, they never did that for us even then. I stupidly brought my son here last year and he is hoping to come back at Xmas and is bringing one of his pals with him if they can remain in work and have the required funds.

Over the years I have been with several girls who I would call 'stunners' and who have all married falangs and gone to live in Australia, the USA, Sweden, England, Wales and Scotland. These are just girls I have known and from what I have heard they are living happily in their new countries. Maybe this would account for the decrease in the amount of really beautiful girls. I am just one punter and I have known and been with these 6 girls so how many others have gone down the same route. The economic downturn will not cause the stunners to stay in Korat picking rice, they would be here in Pattaya picking punters. As the world is getting smaller Thai girls are traveling abroad to ply their trade and have discovered that they can earn many times the amount of cash flogging their fannies elsewhere. For instance I know a girl form Surin who earns 10,000 bt a night in Bahrain catering for Arabs and American oil workers.

• Like 1

Give Respect, you get respect... I've lived in Pattaya for 6 out of the last 12 months, and I have never had issues, nothing stolen and I luv me ho's.... Respect them, treat them nice and don't be a tosser, be careful when getting smashed and it's far far safer than where I live in the UK and alot more fun!

IF YOU ACT LIKE A WANKER, YOU'LL BE TREATED LIKE A WANKER!

(Don't do freelancers).

Give Respect, you get respect... I've lived in Pattaya for 6 out of the last 12 months, and I have never had issues, nothing stolen and I luv me ho's.... Respect them, treat them nice and don't be a tosser, be careful when getting smashed and it's far far safer than where I live in the UK and alot more fun!

IF YOU ACT LIKE A WANKER, YOU'LL BE TREATED LIKE A WANKER!

(Don't do freelancers).

In 20 years i have always believed in your last sentance :ShitHappens1: and my friend you are so right ,unfortunatly many who come here dont take your advice ,they are the ones who are ripped off,something i have never been ( except by a farang buisness woman)and the guy who empties our cesspit :CatDance1: as for the ladies ,i am happily married now but was never ever treated badly or taken for a ride(well not the sort we were talking about anyway).have fun when you come back.

I had a lot of fun in Pattaya, been there in both 2008 and 2007. The Thais I spent time with on my last trip October 2008, did not have good things to say about Pattaya. This includes some people I met that actually lived in Pattaya but were not involved in the bar/farang/tourist business. Compared to other parts of Thailand, Pattaya does have a crime problem and some violence. I do not think it is as bad as places in North America though. All in all I like Pattaya but you have to be more careful about your physical safety there than in other parts of Thailand I have visited.

WBa1

California, USA

There are hookers and thieves no matter where you go.

Pattaya doesnt have an exclusive on those two

Never forget that Pattaya hookers are a darn sight better looking than most of their counterparts in the west. Do they feign affection and a gfe? Of course some do and some don't, that is their job and they do it so well!

If anyone doesn't like Pattaya hookers and thieves I am sure there are plenty in your own country! :P

I believe its a "hate it or love it" thing about Pattaya

Most of us loved it , thats why we are here :10of10Score:

But some may hate it.

If i imagine my self there, on holiday, with the love of my life ... With so many tempting girls around ..

This would make my life a living hell. So its not that hard to start hate a place.

Especially when you see a ton of ppl having fun.

Some young guys may feel sick by looking a 60yo fat smelly guy walking around with a 9

Some old guys my feel sad by looking all the cute girls trying to find a young farang.

They both have right. But they are both looking at the wrong side of the story.

A trip to Pattaya has its ugly side ... Unfortunately you need to go back home :/

i know its changed over the years but honestly to say the girls charge less for young guys is to say the least ,bollocks. you obviously dont live here ,for us handsome older guys :10of10Score: the girls run after us just the same as they run after the younger guys,they want our money not our good looks ,but then hey go on deluding yourself its your body they are after.

hope you enjoy youself when you come back ,believe me there are loads of stunners still walking around our fair town.

Expat22,

I'm glad you are one of the "handsome older guys" and I'm not saying my experience was bad. Just different from previous trips. I discussed this issue with one of the most successful Ferang businessmen in Pattaya at great length. He has owned 8 GoGos over the last 15 years and was really the one that planted this idea in my head. I was there with two younger blokes like myself and we all have several years of numerous trips under our belt and just felt that something was off on this trip. We really couldn't put our finger on exactly what it was and the GoGo owner was the one that said the quality of the girls just isn't as great as it use to be. I realize there are still ample amounts of stunners out there to be had, but to us even their attitude has changed. I personally appreciate a girl more who is upfront about the game and makes a comment like "It's your money, it's up to you".

I wouldn't begin to presume that my 3 years of trips to Patts would compare to your multiple years of living there. But I would venture to say that your experience on any given night would differ greatly from ours. You will be known to a lot of the girls, owners, mamasans, and stunners. They know you know the scene inside and out and you are there for business and wouldn't think of pulling the shit they would try to pull with us. But I really do appreciate your comments and I wish you the best of luck. I really envy your ability to live there for 20 years. I think in that amount of time I would have died of liver failure or blew all my money chasing the perfect girl. My hat is off to you!

Some good points BC. I ignore press reports about Pattaya as they are printed to sell papers and make mountains out of molehills. I'm one of the older punters who does not like the changes I've seen in the last few years. But you need deeper pockets now than you did 10 years ago, then everything was much more affordable. You could get any girl to stay LT with you for 1000 bt, now some gogo girls are looking for 2000 or even 3000 bt and the 'two week wonders' are obliging them.

It is not your imagination, the girls are definitely not so attractive as they were and many of the young'uns are only interested in the young men who have started coming here in recent years. I remember they used to be all over us old blokes in places like Tony's in WS but now they don't give us a second glance and the bar girls shriek and scream to attract the young fellows when they walk past the bars, they never did that for us even then. I stupidly brought my son here last year and he is hoping to come back at Xmas and is bringing one of his pals with him if they can remain in work and have the required funds.

Over the years I have been with several girls who I would call 'stunners' and who have all married falangs and gone to live in Australia, the USA, Sweden, England, Wales and Scotland. These are just girls I have known and from what I have heard they are living happily in their new countries. Maybe this would account for the decrease in the amount of really beautiful girls. I am just one punter and I have known and been with these 6 girls so how many others have gone down the same route. The economic downturn will not cause the stunners to stay in Korat picking rice, they would be here in Pattaya picking punters. As the world is getting smaller Thai girls are traveling abroad to ply their trade and have discovered that they can earn many times the amount of cash flogging their fannies elsewhere. For instance I know a girl form Surin who earns 10,000 bt a night in Bahrain catering for Arabs and American oil workers.

Thanks for backing me up on this one. I was really starting to think it was my imagination.

As for the girls in Bahrain, having just lived there I can tell you first hand it's not all it's cracked up to be. Many of the girls are recruited to work FL by dirty mamasans but later sold off to giant hotel brothels that kidnap them and force them to fuck off the remaining balance of the money owed. Since Bahrain charges a Visa overstay fee that is very large for every month you are there past your first 30 days, the girls can never fuck enough to raise enough money to leave. They are sold down the ladder to cheaper and cheaper places and get further and further in the hole. Not trying to be a downer but I know many Thai girls who I met there that paid their own way and are making a killing off the oil workers and US Navy guys. But I met even more that were forced into this system. If you have BG friends that are considering going, just tell them to be careful and pay their own way there if they can to avoid any chance of this trap. Big Chris

Edited by bigchris

Expat22,

I'm glad you are one of the "handsome older guys" and I'm not saying my experience was bad. Just different from previous trips. I discussed this issue with one of the most successful Ferang businessmen in Pattaya at great length. He has owned 8 GoGos over the last 15 years and was really the one that planted this idea in my head. I was there with two younger blokes like myself and we all have several years of numerous trips under our belt and just felt that something was off on this trip. We really couldn't put our finger on exactly what it was and the GoGo owner was the one that said the quality of the girls just isn't as great as it use to be. I realize there are still ample amounts of stunners out there to be had, but to us even their attitude has changed. I personally appreciate a girl more who is upfront about the game and makes a comment like "It's your money, it's up to you".

I wouldn't begin to presume that my 3 years of trips to Patts would compare to your multiple years of living there. But I would venture to say that your experience on any given night would differ greatly from ours. You will be known to a lot of the girls, owners, mamasans, and stunners. They know you know the scene inside and out and you are there for business and wouldn't think of pulling the shit they would try to pull with us. But I really do appreciate your comments and I wish you the best of luck. I really envy your ability to live there for 20 years. I think in that amount of time I would have died of liver failure or blew all my money chasing the perfect girl. My hat is off to you!

Thanks for backing me up on this one. I was really starting to think it was my imagination.

As for the girls in Bahrain, having just lived there I can tell you first hand it's not all it's cracked up to be. Many of the girls are recruited to work FL by dirty mamasans but later sold off to giant hotel brothels that kidnap them and force them to fuck off the remaining balance of the money owed. Since Bahrain charges a Visa overstay fee that is very large for every month you are there past your first 30 days, the girls can never fuck enough to raise enough money to leave. They are sold down the ladder to cheaper and cheaper places and get further and further in the hole. Not trying to be a downer but I know many Thai girls who I met there that paid their own way and are making a killing off the oil workers and US Navy guys. But I met even more that were forced into this system. If you have BG friends that are considering going, just tell them to be careful and pay their own way there if they can to avoid any chance of this trap. Big Chris

Big Chris,

The girl I know is 22 years old, she is no stunner but is bubbly and good fun to be with and has learned to speak a bit of Arabic. When she left Bahrain after a three months stint she came home with 150,000 baht! Her accomodation, visa, flight and mamasan's cut came to 270,000 baht. She is going back in the new year and is confident that she can improve on this sum as she spent a week of her time in jail last visit.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant be more agree with you. Many young men, and every day is going a be more. In few years Pattaya is going a be a town full of places like Imsonia. With more bars and gogos closed, in all streets beetweem soi 8 and Walking Street.

Also, as you said world is getting smaller. And every day more and more males is coming Thailand. Due to the good publicity about girls in Tailiand in internet during the last 10 years. In Bangkok i met a lot of girls who have almost every day one o two falang traying hunt with her. Ussualy waiterses or shop attendants. Because with the white skin ones, work in offices most of them not are brave enoungh. So is not difucult to find unatractive and over 30s laydies with the fresh telephone or email of few young and atletic falangs.

I was one of those who came here due to that good publicity in internet. Now, even work here. But after few mounth i have very clear that even when im not 40 yet, i came late. Now i have to work double to earn half. And not have choice to have where i was looking for. Even the chinesse prostitus in Madrid or Barcelona, give me better sex that the one i have here.

Only Soi 6, and few jewels in same hidden bars. Are the exception. And that is last publicity i make.

Its a town full of hookers and thieves.

Wait are we talking about Pattaya or Washington DC?

We do seem to be going off thread here,Its Pattaya as a town we were talking about not just hookers who want to ply their trade either with young guys or abroad, what do you lot think of Pattaya?

We do seem to be going off thread here,Its Pattaya as a town we were talking about not just hookers who want to ply their trade either with young guys or abroad, what do you lot think of Pattaya?

As a town it's a shithole, but it's my favourite shithole!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Its a town full of hookers and thieves.

Thats why we go dont we???????

You posters on here are a bunch of degenerates.

just my sort of people

Hi ExP,

I'm pretty certain that you are the same ExPat22 who has the blog in The Sun as I once referred you to this site. Please start your blog up again as I read it every day it comes out and gives me a bit of hope and pleasure and reminds me of Pattaya while I'm back in England. As you said after 100,000 viewings and two years it has been a great success and it has been a credit to you. It's a shame you have stopped but if you persevere you will soon get the knack of the new forum. I'm in Pattaya now but go home soon and it would be great to see your blog restarted and see your photos and read your opinions and comments. I'm not the only one who enjoyed it either.

Regards Muggins.

the first time i went to patts i had a drink with a lad from london and he said over a few beers that pattaya was just a drug . i thought you must be of your head but mybe had one drink to many . but he was right once you have been to patts your hooked. will be getting my fix in just under 4 weeks

Hi ExP,

I'm pretty certain that you are the same ExPat22 who has the blog in The Sun as I once referred you to this site. Please start your blog up again as I read it every day it comes out and gives me a bit of hope and pleasure and reminds me of Pattaya while I'm back in England. As you said after 100,000 viewings and two years it has been a great success and it has been a credit to you. It's a shame you have stopped but if you persevere you will soon get the knack of the new forum. I'm in Pattaya now but go home soon and it would be great to see your blog restarted and see your photos and read your opinions and comments. I'm not the only one who enjoyed it either.

Regards Muggins.

Hi Muggins.

yes your right its me,and at the moment i am sitting at the computer here in Banglamung,i used to quite enjoy writting the blog in the sun but since they changed it around ,it just seems to have died and hardly anybody is writting a blog any more ,a sure case of if it aint broke dont fix it!!.

Actually i have had a few people ask me to start up again and have lots of old posters sending messages so maybe i willgive it a go. One thing i dont like is that the sun no longer tell you how many are reading the blog,its not that i want to get a massive tally ,its just if no one is reading it its not worth writting. by the way i also write on Thaivisa under the name of Thaimate.

all the best and enjoy your time here .