IGNORED

Mr Dreams Transportation

Cerberus

For those who have read this thread, I apologize in advance for my lack of activity on the forums, as I have been quite busy trying to replace 2 drivers, accompanying customers on tours, and riding along with my current staff. So please do not be deterred about using our service, as you have my solemn word that I will make it a point to be on the boards at least a few times a week, even in our busiest of times. I just hope you understand, that when it comes to confirmed phone and direct email pickups, I have to focus on those first before I am alotted the time to spend on the boards, as I not only answer pm's when online, but also read through the latest threads, so I do spend a bit of time on when I am here.

Why don't you just get someone to run your office for you? The last thing any customer wants to hear is that you are "too busy" to deal with him/her. :24:

why not just phone Mr Dream direct? i am 100% certain he would not let you down. if you want his number just let me know and i will PM it to you. :24:

So I, who am the customer and looking to give him business must facilitate the contact in a manner acceptable to him, as he is to busy to deal with me otherwise? Good business if you can get it, not to mention my wanting a record in writing just in case there is a question as to whether the instructions were clear at a later date. No thanks, think I would give that a miss. (I presume that you are speaking for his company).

Why stuff around, been using Mr T for years, he's reliable, maybe slightly dearer, but when you are arriving late at night

I want my ride to be there and I don't want hassles with the booking.

So I, who am the customer and looking to give him business must facilitate the contact in a manner acceptable to him, as he is to busy to deal with me otherwise? Good business if you can get it, not to mention my wanting a record in writing just in case there is a question as to whether the instructions were clear at a later date. No thanks, think I would give that a miss. (I presume that you are speaking for his company).

i am just giving you the option to contact the owner of the the business, he and his wife "fon" are friends of mine, he would not be happy to know customers are being let down in this way.

As I said Todder, I hold the licensing for the company, and Mr.Dim, is an employee at this point, while still kind of my partner. He merely drives the cars. Which I might add, is the only licensing for the company, which keeps us all operating legally.

As to what Cerberus had said, fair enough, in your response. I will add an auto-reply to all my emails directly in the [email protected] email. I have some changeover issues with the accounts here it seems to get my notifications re-directed to the business account. I have said in the past, that we do not always get on the boards, so emailing us directly or calling us is better for immediate responses. Anyone that emails us directly can attest, that we get them handled in a pretty timely fashion, sometimes even with multiple responses daily. No excuses to be made, we just need to change some of the email notifications is all. It will be sorted by this afternoon.

What hospital or clinic are you doing the random drug testing of the drivers, sounds like you have a good idea. I am interested because I want to get someone tested

Edited by mike_asia

As I said Todder, I hold the licensing for the company, and Mr.Dim, is an employee at this point, while still kind of my partner. He merely drives the cars. Which I might add, is the only licensing for the company, which keeps us all operating legally.

As to what Cerberus had said, fair enough, in your response. I will add an auto-reply to all my emails directly in the [email protected] email. I have some changeover issues with the accounts here it seems to get my notifications re-directed to the business account. I have said in the past, that we do not always get on the boards, so emailing us directly or calling us is better for immediate responses. Anyone that emails us directly can attest, that we get them handled in a pretty timely fashion, sometimes even with multiple responses daily. No excuses to be made, we just need to change some of the email notifications is all. It will be sorted by this afternoon.

Mr.Dream,

You keep mentioning the company's licenses. What is the name of the company and which organisation/government department are you licensed with, and for what? You have been promising an imminent website which was going to show those details for a good few months now. Up to now, there doesn't appear to be very much progress.

I assumed that any licensing would have to be in a Thai's name.

Edited by filibuster

walk over to the Rockhouse, the Thai husband of the cashier is the owner of Mr. Dream Transport. I am sure she can help.

Ya she is Dim's wife, Dim runs most the taxi side of the business in Patts and Jason runs the BKK side. Someone said he is opening a pay-pal site???? I would Never pay for a Taxi ride until I get there :D

babydollsaddict.gif

Mr.Dream,

You keep mentioning the company's licenses. What is the name of the company and which organisation/government department are you licensed with, and for what? You have been promising an imminent website which was going to show those details for a good few months now. Up to now, there doesn't appear to be very much progress.

I assumed that any licensing would have to be in a Thai's name.

Correct, my wifes. Land Transport Dept., Thailand Revenue Dept., along with our actual corporation registration. I am working on the website, as has been posted in previous threads, you can find the website template, our current website until I have completed construction of the full site at http://dancewatchers.com/Pattaya_Airport_Pickups_Dropoffs_and_adventure_tours_by_Mr._Dream_Transport.html

Until we've worked out the exact format for the website and gotten everything completed, that is our host site for the time.

Ozark, I know how you feel about the Paypal. I don't ask for credit card info or anything like that, or down payments to reserve any pickups now. I feel that if someone gives you your word on a booking, thats good enough for me. There are many people though, that have asked about the pre-payment option, as that eliminates any need for them to change over currency right away, and makes things easier for them. If that is a convenience to people, then I am happy to offer that option. I have had companies require pre-payment for things over here that I had planned on using in the past, if it was an option to pay that way compared to a requirement, then I would have probably welcomed it.

My partner in Patts, does a lot of the dispatching for our other drivers along with myself. That is a bit closer to an accurate statement as far as him dispatching the pickups out of Pattaya, while I handle the pickups out of BKK and the airports. So when we are booked heavily, he will often be driving and I will do all the dispatching. The money for the drivers is really made by driving, so anyone would much rather be driving customers than handling the logistics, that is the actual part that I handle, along with verifying flights, hotel info, and the rest of the lot.

Edited by Mr.DreamTransport

Correct, my wifes. Land Transport Dept., Thailand Revenue Dept., along with our actual corporation registration. I am working on the website, as has been posted in previous threads, you can find the website template, our current website until I have completed construction of the full site at http://dancewatchers.com/Pattaya_Airport_Pickups_Dropoffs_and_adventure_tours_by_Mr._Dream_Transport.html

What exactly are you licensed by the Land Transport Department and Thailand Revenue Department to do? If you are licensed as a taxi service your vehicles would be running on yellow plates and if you are licensed as a tourist limousine service they would be running on green plates, but they're not. Or are they?

Why stuff around, been using Mr T for years, he's reliable, maybe slightly dearer, but when you are arriving late at night

ACtually Mr T is cheaper. 1000 airport to Patts, 900 Patts to airport

Much cheaper than advertised in the above link

Fuck me I could give 20 numbers that are reliable and cheaper than the dancewatcher link?????????????????

Edited by Gator001

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Can recommend Mr Dream

On the most recent trip (July 09) I had to chop and change the schedules of pick up times, drop off times and changed locations in both BKK and Pattaya, due to work changes. No dramas all handled correctly.

Punctuality's important as I travel to and from to BKK for work meetings and I was not late for any.

Emails were confirmed promptly, cars were clean and appeared in good condition, the drivers were courteous and were responsible in their driving manner.

Will use again for the September Trip.

Edited by Brownie

There's also Mr Toom who has proved invaluable on a couple of occasions when I didn't have the luxury of giving him much notice. He can be contacted by email on [email protected] or by phone (+66) 1482-7148 or 3017-8066. Some cute ladies working for him !

Gotta agree on Mr Toom, he is my regular transport provider and always gives me his best drivers. Has helped me out on 30 mins notice in some cases and fired a driver who was late.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

ACtually Mr T is cheaper. 1000 airport to Patts, 900 Patts to airport

Much cheaper than advertised in the above link

Fuck me I could give 20 numbers that are reliable and cheaper than the dancewatcher link?????????????????

The Dancewatcher link does not reflect the PA board members prices. That just shows the normal rate for non-members, so you can see the difference in the prices that I offer to all the guys here. When booking a RT transport, from the airport to Patts, and the trip back out together, the total comes to 1,900baht. 1100 on the initial pickup, and 800 on the return. Those are the same prices as the cheapest pickups by a private company. Same goes for the tours, and VIP pickups, that everyone gets an immediate 500baht discount on.

As to the question regarding the licensing, our license is issued for overland private transport by any driver and vehicle registered with the company. Its costs us 30,000baht per vehicle and driver to register, and from what we have been told by the people issuing our license, is that a letter verifying employment for any driver, along with a copy of the company registration, does provide us the same courtesy as any of the green tag licensed vehicles. We have had 1 of our vehicles stopped on a few occasions with the cracking down at the airport, and after showing the letter and license, our drivers were permitted to proceed, no fines, no tickets.

The whole line of logistics involved with getting licensed took us a few weeks to get to the actual people that registered our licenses, and a company that updates the book that is held by the land transport dept. We had spent quite a bit of time and money making sure that we were 100% legal, as we do plan on expanding into other avenues as well, and have to be licensed for everything we are branching off for.

I know many of the negative responses on here about our service, are being posted by people who have never used our service, but instead are being posted because of disagreements or personal grievances for some reason or another. The people that have legitimate complaints about our company, and have used our service, any feedback from them, is taken and used to help improve upon issues that effect the overall performance of our company. Any person that has ever had a problem with our service, will tell you that I do not ask them not to post their negative experiences. That would be biased on my part, as every company has to take the good with the bad. I just like to know about problems that someone might have, so that I can rectify the situation, and make it right by the customer, and/or terminate a driver if the occasion calls for it. Any customer that has ever had an issue for any reason, will tell you the extent that we go to, to make everything right.

We still do have a bit of work to do in regards to getting everything forwarded to make things as easily accessible for everyone as possible. Mainly in forwarding mail, and getting a quick webpage up with our basic info so that anyone can contact us and get an almost immediate response 24/7. I still believe that the saying that you cannot please everyone, doesn't necessarily have to be true. I will continue to do my best to improve upon every facet of our company, and try to ensure that every customer walks away happy.

I'm sorry if some of my posts are a bit long, but I try to get in everything that I can to cover all the questions, comments, and responses by everyone. I am positive if the thread progresses, I will have less of a need to get into as much detail as this. The people that had posted legitimate complaints, MSJ and Cerberus, both have been acknowledged, and either already have, or are currently being rectified, as is our standard to take any customer or potential customer that is dis-satisfied with any facet of our company or service, and correct the issues and repair the faith in us by our customers accordingly.

As to the question regarding the licensing, our license is issued for overland private transport by any driver and vehicle registered with the company. Its costs us 30,000baht per vehicle and driver to register, and from what we have been told by the people issuing our license, is that a letter verifying employment for any driver, along with a copy of the company registration, does provide us the same courtesy as any of the green tag licensed vehicles. We have had 1 of our vehicles stopped on a few occasions with the cracking down at the airport, and after showing the letter and license, our drivers were permitted to proceed, no fines, no tickets.

There you go. According to you, this week at least ....

1. Your company is registered for private transport. Not private or public hire. The nonsense about a company letter overriding the need for green/yellow licence plates and your vehicles being exempt the regulations, is just that. A nonsense. Any company can register it's vehicles for private or commercial use.

You summed up the position quite accurately in an earlier post .........

"Many of the companies or hotel referral taxis, are not insured to carry passengers, which is bad news in case of an accident. Our drivers have individual policies, and our new vehicles also have private taxi registration and topped up insurance (green tag cars), these are the only ones that are legally supposed to be allowed for pickups, aside from metered taxis and the Toyota minibus's."

Why did you de-register your vehicles from tourism limousines (green plates) to private cars (white plates).

Contrary to what you claim, there are no personal grievances at work. It is you that is implying that you offer some sort of legality that the other "taxi firms" do not. It is that assertion that I am challenging, simply because it is factually incorrect and deliberately misleading BMs, particularly newbies, who probably wouldn't know any better.

To reiterate what you said a couple of weeks ago; if the vehicle is not on green or yellow plates then it is bad news in the event of an accident. That is a pretty accurate statement and is your words, not mine.

Edited by filibuster

Acka, i really wish you the best with your business but please stop hyping your prices, low season rates and member discount like they're something special...

Mr T charges 900 to and 1000 from the airport all year long and is very reliable... as are many other companies that have the same or lower prices as you... there is nothing special about it.

large sig = small penis

Despite email & Pm's on two boards, not a word in 3 weeks. Another Farang business running on Thai principles?

Mr Dreams Transportation Nightmare?

Good to see a fellow business owner knocking another one's business and raising the impression that this guy's business might be a nightmare.

Hope the OP is equally as happy when another board member is taking pot shots at the OP's own business which of course is 'fantastic' and never has any problems....

Acka, i really wish you the best with your business but please stop hyping your prices, low season rates and member discount like they're something special...

Mr T charges 900 to and 1000 from the airport all year long and is very reliable... as are many other companies that have the same or lower prices as you... there is nothing special about it.

We no longer have low season rates. In a post a while back, I said that our summer rates at the time, would be carried over to be our standard year round rates. I am not going to say anything bad about Mr.T, all I will say, is that many of our cars have been newly purchased this year. The fact that we have a wider variety than most of the other firms of vehicles, instead of just sedans and minibuses, having sedans, minivans, minibuses, SUV's, and even a pickup truck for people looking to move a motorbike or personal belongings while on a regular transport. As we continue to grow, our rates will stabilize depending on fuel costs to be the cheapest. Right now for any Addicts member, if booking their incoming and outgoing trip together, that comes to 1,900baht. So this is the same price we offer to PA members, year round. So there are a few things that separate us from other companies.

There have been people that have had both good and bad reviews of EVERY taxi/transport company in the lower price bracket. So every company has issues to deal with from time to time, its just that since I am the only one of the fair to large sized companies that is participating on the boards, I get the praise and the complaints in a much more public format by everyone on the board, while not every experience whether they be good or bad, are posted as much for other companies.

Some of these differences would be that none of our vehicles run on LPG gas, only petrol. I feel that makes for a safer ride, with more room for your baggage. While its not a major amenity, we do stock a few bottles of water on all of our airport pickups and the cold towels in my personal cars, also offering a choice of beverages for our drivers to have on hand during pickups. Our drivers are limited on the number of runs they can perform in a day while working for us, this helps encourage a safer work environment, which translates to more alert drivers. And finally, we are outfitting the few remaining cars that do not have them yet, with a nice music library, to make the ride as comfortable as possible. I might even start to keep a small pillow in the cars, as I know some people just want to sleep during their rides to/from Patts or the airport. Because we are more in the public view on the boards, little ideas like these that people might enjoy, or make the transport a bit more comfortable, are things we take into consideration, like the bottled water started out, and I now ask all my drivers to keep some bottles in the cars. Your ideas for what you want out of your pickups, what you think will make for a better ride for the money, are always welcomed. That is something I am fairly certain none of the other companies offer.

Mr Dreams Transportation Nightmare?

Good to see a fellow business owner knocking another one's business and raising the impression that this guy's business might be a nightmare.

Hope the OP is equally as happy when another board member is taking pot shots at the OP's own business which of course is 'fantastic' and never has any problems....

I understand Cerberus's frustration, as I myself was in the same position as him more or less a few years ago on the forums, and feeling like you are being ignored, or that someone doesn't reply to you for whatever reason, is much more aggravating then getting a reply that someone might not like. At least you know where you stand that way, as opposed to just not knowing anything. I appreciate that he was trying to give me business, and had nothing to gain whether he was able to contact me easily or not. Me and Cerberus did have a chance to speak, while I cannot speak for him, I believe we are seeing eye to eye on the issues that were brought up in the initial post at the start of the thread.

I live in a country which I describe as the Thailand of Europe because of it's laid back attitude. I have also been involved in the cab trade for over 23 years both here and in the UK. The one thing I have found about Ireland, is that everything will keep until tomorrow except the taxi, which even though it is not wanted until tomorrow, the passenger is not happy unless you sent it yesterday.

I can see from other posts made by the OP that he runs his particular business along very professional lines and he has built in contingencies for just about everything and anything. More power to you. Having said that and not wanting to start a row about this, I am not convinced that raising the matter this way is something I would have done.

I have always been mindful that if I screw up, there are plenty of other people who are willing to try to get that business away from me. Simple answer from my POV, you don't use Mr Dreams until everyone else has let you down. On the other hand, if he now screws up bearing in mind what the OP has already said, what makes the OP think that giving him the chance now will get the desired results.

You only have one chance to make a first impression, and the cab trade is a business where if anything can go wrong, it frequently will.

Edited by Thaihigh

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

There you go. According to you, this week at least ....

1. Your company is registered for private transport. Not private or public hire. The nonsense about a company letter overriding the need for green/yellow licence plates and your vehicles being exempt the regulations, is just that. A nonsense. Any company can register it's vehicles for private or commercial use.

You summed up the position quite accurately in an earlier post .........

"Many of the companies or hotel referral taxis, are not insured to carry passengers, which is bad news in case of an accident. Our drivers have individual policies, and our new vehicles also have private taxi registration and topped up insurance (green tag cars), these are the only ones that are legally supposed to be allowed for pickups, aside from metered taxis and the Toyota minibus's."

Why did you de-register your vehicles from tourism limousines (green plates) to private cars (white plates).

Contrary to what you claim, there are no personal grievances at work. It is you that is implying that you offer some sort of legality that the other "taxi firms" do not. It is that assertion that I am challenging, simply because it is factually incorrect and deliberately misleading BMs, particularly newbies, who probably wouldn't know any better.

To reiterate what you said a couple of weeks ago; if the vehicle is not on green or yellow plates then it is bad news in the event of an accident. That is a pretty accurate statement and is your words, not mine. If the insurance is not up to par, the driver is not licensed, or has no insurance at all. These are just a few of the reasons that these tags show that a driver has all of these things in order. All of my drivers do have all of these things in order, compared to a private taxi by an individual that has no standards he is required to follow. I require all of this documentation prior to letting a driver load his first passenger in the car.

Filibuster, while I did not name you or target you with that comment about personal issues, that was directed at the people that know they are only posting because of personal issues or past arguments on the boards. If you are interested in using our company, than I would happily arrange a green tagged vehicle for you. The vehicle might not be of the same quality and comfort as our other fleet cars, but we do have some of them on board. If you are interested in making a booking, then by all means, email me and I will take your reservation. The pure fact of the matter is this, people only care about the bottom line, the cheapest prices possible for the nicest vehicles possible. We have to compete with that fact, and still try to operate within the guidelines of the law, that many of the more expensive companies operate within as well.

In the statement (green tag cars) that you had. I had said that the requirements were met by all of our vehicles as those of the green tag cars. I have not changed the registration status on any of my vehicles for the worse. There are more than a few hotels, and businesses in Patts and BKK alike, that do transports, but do not have green tags on their cars. There are so many exemptions, requirements, rules, and exceptions to the rules, it would take me forever to list them all.

This thread makes me so glad I dont have a business that deals with falang's in Thailand :Blow_Up:

Al.

In the statement (green tag cars) that you had. I had said that the requirements were met by all of our vehicles as those of the green tag cars. I have not changed the registration status on any of my vehicles for the worse.

In the statement I have, you quite specifically said your new vehicles are registered as private taxis (green tag cars) - presumably you meant tourist limousines. I am quite familiar with the company requirements that are necessary to be satisfied in order for green tags to be issued to a vehicle and, as you will be aware, they are quite extensive and onerous. I am also aware that the vehicles cannot be insured for anything other than their registered use.

"Our drivers have individual policies, and our new vehicles also have private taxi registration and topped up insurance (green tag cars), these are the only ones that are legally supposed to be allowed for pickups, aside from metered taxis and the Toyota minibus's."

There are so many exemptions, requirements, rules, and exceptions to the rules, it would take me forever to list them all.

You haven't listed any exceptions other than to say that your Avanzas don't meet the requirements to be issued with green plates i.e. they are only 1.5l.

Being a fair minded guy though, I will be travelling to BKK this coming Friday through Don Mueang and will opt to use one of your new green tagged vehicles, as opposed to my regular guy's Thai Rung metered taxi, and report my experience here. I'll even take a couple of pics of the vehicle and post them as I haven't seen any posted on the forums or Dancewatcher's site. Since I am also staying at a hotel just off Ratchadaphisek I'll also happily pop into your office for a chat.

As an aside, this is what I get from my regular guy - note that there are no issues whatsoever with LPG tanks, seat belts etc and there is absolutely no question as to what the vehicle is registered as.

P1000747.jpg

P1000748.jpg

P1000749.jpg

P1000750.jpg

On my last trip, I realised, quite late at night, that I hadn't sorted out my taxi from BKK to Pattaya. I gave Mr Dream (Jason) a call, and despite the fact that he was out on the town, he sorted it all out. I had a confirmation call and an email. Taxi driver turned up bang on time. A good, steady driver, no problems at all. All in all, a great service.

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

Why do you keep stating that there are quite a few things that separate you from other companies

You are a used car salesman mate

On PA we are supposed to give advise to newbies

to all newbies out there. You can get the same if not better deals (definitely better on price) on price, quality and reliability from numerous service providers

This is the same old crap when you tried to hype a tired, sad bar you were managing previously as something above and beyond

Im sorry about this but I cant stand conmen

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry