IGNORED

Mexican Food!

there a place on soi 13 just down from the sportsman, i think its called a taste of thailand, they have a mexican menu, the place has been there for years, the sizzling chicken fraihitas (bad spelling i know) are pretty good, ieat them a couple of times a week whilst there, big als is good but i have to tell them to go steady on the chilli other wise they are just to hot, the place on soi 13 is good value for money as well i think 2 fraihitas are around the 200 baht mark .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Deported One

• Priapism

• Ohyesuare

• hooplehead

• 1 month later...
Blue Parrot on soi 13/2 and Tequila Reef are the best I've found so far. Have tried them all, none compare to back home in Calif., however.

Yes. I agree. Blue Parrot beside the Penthouse hotel is great. Has an excellient Chimichanga.

Taquila Reef is a great indoor restaurant with a more comfortable atmosphere. The quesadillas are a meal by themselves there. Prices not too bad either.

Edited by King Cobra

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I would reccommend any dish served by Shooters, Soi Diamond. Be it Mexican or be it Bar-B-Q. You won't be disappointed.

I would reccommend any dish served by Shooters, Soi Diamond. Be it Mexican or be it Bar-B-Q. You won't be disappointed.

How the fuck can you recommend something you ain't had...The fookin' kitchen only opens this week...If you want the food you used to eat in Shooters, I suggest you try Bob's BBQ on LK Metro.

Though I am sure the standard of the food at Shooters will be of the same ilk, though nobody knows just yet!

Live NoisBar WebCam...Click the pic

1anois.jpg

How the fuck can you recommend something you ain't had...The fookin' kitchen only opens this week...If you want the food you used to eat in Shooters, I suggest you try Bob's BBQ on LK Metro.

Though I am sure the standard of the food at Shooters will be of the same ilk, though nobody knows just yet!

Well, mate, with all due respect to my good friend Bob, many of our Mexican dishes appeared after Sam became Bob's partner in Bobs BBQ, the same Sam who runs the Shooters kitchen now. If you have eaten Mexican in Shooters since it opened, you have definitely tasted Sam's recipes or his direct handiwork.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

• 8 months later...

Aside from some Pink Tacos, I highly doubt ANY of these places are truly worth a damn. Being drunk and/or longing for something other than Thai food may make the experience more enjoyable as most food just seems to be better when you are hungry anyway.

I eat out for Mexican food a lot and I've had my fair share of latina girlfriends who either could cook or their mothers were skilled in the kitchen.

I was in Brazil and decided I would go to the place that was voted best Mexican food in all of Rio De Janeiro. What a f@#$ing joke that place was. It was a hell of a lot closer to Mexico than Thailand is and it was for the birds!

To add insult to injury, I was in Costa Rica and they f@#$ed up some Mexican Food too! I mean, Jesus Christ, Mexico is only like two countries north of the place? a few hundred miles at most!

I think I'll stick to local food unless I'm drunk and just happen to be walking by these places.

Edited by SoCo MoFo

Eat. Down. South.

• 11 months later...

i've never had good mexican food in thailand though i must admit i quit trying years ago. i've travelled mexico extensively plus i'm in the restaurant biz in south texas where 99% of all kitchen workers are mexican so i think i know mexican food fairly well. years ago though i did have some great mexican food in phnom penh! que rico!

I am probably like most guys, I know that when I go to the Blue Parrot or Tequila Reef

that what I order is not going to be like at home, however it is a change from Thai food

and not having a lot of choices of Mexican Restaurants, I go to one or the other and hope

that what I order tastes reasonably good to satisfy my taste for Mexican food.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say i frequent tequila reef when i'm in town, i think it's gone downhill in the last 3-4 years though!!

20% of the population consume 80% of the resources....

2% of the population control more than 50% of the wealth...

100% Fucked!!

Oh yes i forgot about the margarita's at tequila reef..I never make it out of soi 7 alone after a triple pitcher and if i'm in the cycle of threes why not keep the trend goin if you know what i mean....

20% of the population consume 80% of the resources....

2% of the population control more than 50% of the wealth...

100% Fucked!!

• 2 weeks later...

The ONLY thing I would ever eat at Tequila Reef are the ribs, and they are a crap shoot at best.... Sometimes they are good, sometimes not so good..

The Mexican food there is abysmal at best... I guess if I were not from Los Angeles where great Mexican food is around any corner, I might have a different belief..I have heard that the steaks are okay, But I can not speak from experience.

The restaurant is far from being clean....

Now... if you are ever in Jomtien, try Sam's Mexican.... It is small, If you walk past it and blink, you will miss it... When I was there the place was SPOTLESS, and the food was good if you just had to have the taste of Mexico.

tequila reef on soi 8 has the best burittos and surprising barbeque baby back ribs and fahitas

The ONLY thing I would ever eat at Tequila Reef are the ribs, and they are a crap shoot at best.... Sometimes they are good, sometimes not so good..

The Mexican food there is abysmal at best... I guess if I were not from Los Angeles where great Mexican food is around any corner, I might have a different belief..I have heard that the steaks are okay, But I can not speak from experience.

The restaurant is far from being clean....

Now... if you are ever in Jomtien, try Sam's Mexican.... It is small, If you walk past it and blink, you will miss it... When I was there the place was SPOTLESS, and the food was good if you just had to have the taste of Mexico.

went to Sam's once, food was OK. 85 Baht for a San Miguel and 90 baht for a Heineken though.

• 1 month later...

I'm never prone to heartburn, but a few margarita at Tequila Reef and my chest is on fire!

They taste good but something in there that's not playing nice.

I'll try Big Al's next time for sure.

Joe's get-it-n-go tacos! Always fresh...

• 7 months later...

Good Mexican food is available in Thailand! Los Cabos Cafe on Sukhumvit Soi 14, near the Sheraton Grande.

Opened by one of the founders of Tequila Reef, no coincidence that TR regressed quickly after he left.

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

I have a few friends who prefer Tequila Reef, while I prefer Mike's One of those two is usually my choice for Mexican. I've had Blue Parrot once the past 3 months but I usually stick to the simple things there, as they are not as skilled IMO on the more complex dishes.

I have been eating at the Blue Parrot since 1987 - excellent food. Used to have all the staff come from the American owners's wife's village in Isaan - some lovely girls there over the years. Not much has changed in the furniture and decor since I first went there but the food is always safe and wholesome.

MIKES mexican all the way!!!

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

Call me a purist...but I've yet to have any decent Mexican food in Thailand!

Previously a So-Calif native and having traveled often in Mexico, I find the

Mexican food available in Pattaya to be marginal, at best!

IMHO, Blue Parrot is the worst (but decent margueritas), T-Reef, Mikes, etc., try

but provide a marginal substitute.

I've yet to encounter the basic staple which can be found in all real Mexican restaurants,

that being a decent and spicy salsa picante! And few seem to use cilantro. Burritos here are

made with ground beef, not strips of cooked beef and locally they often contain rice or potato.

Oh, well, Tequila Reef...and New Orleans does have decent ribs...

Over 10-years in Pats 'n still a 'rookie'