IGNORED

Mexican Food!

I will be in Pattaya about June 30th thru July 15th. My Thai GF wants some good Mexican food. Can anyone tell me a good restaurant or two for Mexican food in Pattaya? And I mean GOOD Mexican food like I might find in my old So. Calif.!!!! Thanks!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Deported One

• Priapism

• Ohyesuare

• hooplehead

I will be in Pattaya about June 30th thru July 15th. My Thai GF wants some good Mexican food. Can anyone tell me a good restaurant or two for Mexican food in Pattaya? And I mean GOOD Mexican food like I might find in my old So. Calif.!!!! Thanks!!

this one on soi 7 might be worth a go.

http://www.tequilareef.com/default.asp?Folder=1071

Try Big Al's on Soi Buakhao by Oasis a gogo, he's has real East LA Mex! Well he's also from East LA!

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Plus its right around the corner from your hotel Todder when you come in June! not the one in Bora Bora

i see you have been reading last post wins on Secrets eh oldone, always learning is so funny, :)

do you have any info on my hotel, opey de place?

Ah, I bet Big Al knows where I grew up right above LA!! I'll have to drop in and shoot the bull with him about good old So. Cal!!! Thanks. I'll check both places out.

Blue Parrot on soi 13/2 and Tequila Reef are the best I've found so far. Have tried them all, none compare to back home in Calif., however.

1) Tequila Reef, Soi 7

2) Mikes on Thrapaya Rd. towards Jomtien

3) Fattys, second Rd. just north of soi 2

4) Blue Parrot

5) Great american Rib Co., Thepprasit Rd (Fajitas)

6) Big Als, Soi Bauko and second Rd. soi 2

7) Pizzas R us (Burritos)

I prefer Big Als for price and taste, but there's no place like home for Mexican Food!!

1) Tequila Reef, Soi 7

2) Mikes on Thrapaya Rd. towards Jomtien

3) Fattys, second Rd. just north of soi 2

4) Blue Parrot

5) Great american Rib Co., Thepprasit Rd (Fajitas)

6) Big Als, Soi Bauko and second Rd. soi 2

7) Pizzas R us (Burritos)

I prefer Big Als for price and taste, but there's no place like home for Mexican Food!!

any body try the Pizzas R Us burritos?

any body try the Pizzas R Us burritos?

Not Yet!

One more, maybe someone can help me with the correct name/location:

The moonshine (?) guest house, soi 5 (?) Jomtien. The first soi north of soi post office/Jomtien immigration

Tex Mex place. I had a burrito there once, price was high, portion small but tasted good!

IMHO nothing compares to Tequila Reef soi 7. I have had Blue Parrot food, and it was complete rubbish. I have not had the oppertunity to eat at any of the other places in Pattaya, for the simple reason that Tequila Reef satisified me. I like the food there so much, I don't feel the need to go looking anywhere else.

I highly recommend the sizzling chicken fajita's. My wife (Thai) likes the chicken salad. My kids love the chili burgers, and you can not find a better Margarita in Thailand.

I never cared much for The Blue Parrot, and although I've never seen the kitchen it just seems to be a dirty place.

• 2 weeks later...

i always make at least one visit to tequilla reef. they have excellent burritos (highly recommend the crash and burn) and very good frozen margaritas with actual tequilla in them. have had the ribs as well and they are also excellent

i am only interested in the illegal, the immoral and the fattening

I have yet to try the Tequila Reef. I eat at the Blue Parrot every once in a while when I'm drunk and hungry and in the area. Most of the food there is OK, although I haven't sampled the entire menu. I'll go back, for sure, unless I can find a better place. I know Mexican food. I've had better, I've had worse. I've lived in San Diego, Phoenix, and Texas. I've also spent time in Mexico. The Blue Parrot is OK for Pattaya, but there's room for improvement. One other thing: the margaritas are OK.

Rex

• 2 weeks later...

Not much cheese on Big Al’s tacos or lettuce. Blue Parrot puts a lot on but I don’t like their beef that much.

• 1 month later...
do they really have good mexican restaurants? as far as do they taste authentic?

for me it's in order for taste

Big Al's

Blue Parrot

and Tequila Reef

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas for the replies. I like the little place on Soi Pattaya Land 2 just before the Penthouse. Its more of a bar but is serves a few Mexican dishes. I had the best Chimichonga I have had in a long time.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

For what it's worth, I've now tried the Tequila Reef a few times. I went three times over the course of three weeks. The first week, it was good. The second week I tried the exact same dish, and it was not good. I can only guess that they had a substitute cook that week. Anyway, I went back the other day and it was back to being halfway OK. The regular cook must be back.

Rex

Oldone. Can you tell us about the Mexican at Bob's Bar-B-Q ? Either at Shooters or the original location?

Thanks

Hate to say it but it seems to be mix and match depending what your in the mood for.

For Tacos I like Blue Parrot for Burritos Tequila reef and for enchiladas Mikes although I really haven't found a good enchilada anywhere. Well I take that back there's a good taco place up in Udon. I think that's the name of it "The Taco Place"

I started making my own.

Foto

• 2 weeks later...
yeah baby Mexican food in thailand

haha yeah it sounds weird..

still, i think those mexicans have a damn fine cuisine.

will be checking these places out when i go to pattaya (whenever that will be..)

the younger generation

tequila reef was a joke for me, 75% of the filling was white rice with a dash of chicken thrown in rather than the other way around, infact there was so little chicken in my dish i would have complained had i seen anyone who could speak english.

i love mexican having lived in California and for me the only decent venue is big als ( although the hot dogs and burgers are shite so stick with the mex stuff )

• 2 weeks later...