IGNORED

Mexican Food!

IMHO nothing compares to Tequila Reef soi 7. I have had Blue Parrot food, and it was complete rubbish. I have not had the oppertunity to eat at any of the other places in Pattaya, for the simple reason that Tequila Reef satisified me. I like the food there so much, I don't feel the need to go looking anywhere else.

I highly recommend the sizzling chicken fajita's. My wife (Thai) likes the chicken salad. My kids love the chili burgers, and you can not find a better Margarita in Thailand.

I have always had a good meal there & I have to agree about The Margaritas.

I love them !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Deported One

• Priapism

• Ohyesuare

• hooplehead

yeah my mate Deska used mexican (and most likely other) foods as a way to keep his wife entertained in Pattaya while he fucked thai women. At first i saw it as a joke but then i saw his wife and my god she put the Jetskis on the beach to shame

yeah my mate Deska used mexican (and most likely other) foods as a way to keep his wife entertained in Pattaya while he fucked thai women. At first i saw it as a joke but then i saw his wife and my god she put the Jetskis on the beach to shame

Electric ? OR kick start ???

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I'd say for price and quality Mex buffet it is hard to beat Beefeaters. I've been there many times and never dissapointed.

He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever. Buddha

• 4 months later...

it is hard to say but anybody that thinks big al at bukhao is good have their tastebuds seriously damaged,it was the worst mexican meal i ever had in my 55 year old life.it might be to harsh judgement after one visit

I hate ate at Tequila Reef several times. It is Ok depending on what you order. They give chips with your food which is a plus, but only when they are fresh. I think they have good chips most of the time and I like their Salsa. Burritos are good too.

Mikes on Teppraya Road going up the hill has pretty good Mexican food or used to, but I must confess I have not there in a while, so not sure, because things change so quickly with some places.

Tequila Reef? You have got to be kidding. Taco Bell here in the states would trump that horrible place.

• 2 weeks later...

There's essentially no *good* Mexican food in Pattaya unless you make it yourself. Big Al's is garbage, Mike's is just ok and too pricey.

• 1 year later...

I hadn't been to Tequila Reef in at least a year and was really looking forward to it. Had a Mexican Combo Dinner Plate, I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the quality of the food. Would have enjoyed bowl of noodles on the street more.

I would recommend the Blue Parrot. In all the times I've been to Pattaya I've only eaten at the Blue Parrot. I love their chimichangas. However, in June I will make it a point to go to Tequila Reef and judge for myself.

When I was in Pattaya for a week this past November I ate every day at the Blue Parrot trying a different dish everyday and the food was absolutely great. i don't know about the state of their kitchen but the place is clean, staff always friendly, the price is right and never ever was the food bad tasting.

Personally, for those of you who think the Blue Parrot serves bad Mexican food and don't want to patronize the Blue Parrot, no problem, more food for me.

Phu ying lub me mak mak. It's mongering time!

Anyone know where Mike's Mexican Restaurant is located? I've been to Pattaya 3 times before, tried to find it, but to no avail. Their website shows Thappraya Road & soi 5, but I have no idea where Thappraya road is, nor did any of the moto taxi's i asked. And using google maps shows like 5 different soi 5's, but none crossed Thappraya rd. Can someone give me general directions? Like is it North, South, or Central Pattaya? I love me some mexican, and not a big fan of tequila reef. thanks

Any body tried Sams Mexican restaurant in Jomtien

mikes mexican is located on the the way towards jomitien, take Thappraya rd, going towrds Jomiten and you'll see their big yellow sign, its pretty good, as a mexican, i was impressed, will be going back in april 2012, if u know where Jade house is at, it's a block from there, if you dont know about Jade house, then go there too.

I think combo plates at the Blue Parrot are quite good for 240, washed down with a picture of margaritas (480 baht). Have tried Tequila Reef several times over the years, and tried Mike's once, but think Blue Parrot is by far the best.

Retired

There is also Sunrise Taqueria(sp?) in Jomtien now on the right as you drive towards the beach from Pattaya.

OK, this is frustrating. I've now been trying to locate the Blue Parrot. No website, then follow links on the internet, and find out it's on Pattayaland 2, also known as Fun street. However, that tells me nothing. I know Soi 6, 7, 8 beach road, second road soi Bokaw, Walking Street. However, typing "Where is Pattayaland ?" in google gets me nothing. Is there a good online map of Pattaya? Only thing I can find are from websites that look like they were made by a 4th grader in 1994 with flashing .gifs and whatnot.

I googled it and found a post saying it is in Pattayaland Soi 2 so go to Soi 2 and you should see it. Someone correct me if I am wrong, the post also said they were considering closing due to lack of customers fyi.

Pattayaland 2 is Soi 13 where the SPAM WORD hotel is down near boyzone

I got it now. Pattayaland 2/Soi 13/ soi 13/4 all the same :hello09: got it. i now know the area. has pattaya ever considered renaming from you know---soi one, and the next street would be soi 2, etc? dead serious, my last trip I was able to find about 1/2 the restaurants i had wanted to try.

I prefer the Blue Parrot over the Tequila Reef, but the last couple months I've been eating Mexican food at Shenanigans (The Avenue). I'm certainly not saying it is authentic, but they are pretty generous with the amount of chicken they put in their dishes.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!