IGNORED

Agent for retirement visa required

kevin2013

What is Manateet fee for a retirement extension w multiple reentry?

51 minutes ago, Ecaps said:

12,000 baht  

3 hours ago, Ecaps said:

If you don't have cash in bank, then it's 12,500 for the extension.

They did my single re-entry for 1,000 baht so in effect did not charge a fee. I would guess therefore that they will do the multiple re-entry at ''cost price''.

3 hours ago, Ecaps said:

16500 baht if you don’t have the 800k in bank.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

So, someone says it 12,000, someone else says 12,500, and a 3rd person says 16,500.... can anyone else confirm?

11 minutes ago, kevin2013 said:

So, someone says it 12,000, someone else says 12,500, and a 3rd person says 16,500.... can anyone else confirm?

It's 12,500 for the extension if you don't have 800K in the bank. Add 1,000 if you want a single reentry permit, 4,000 if you want multi-reentry.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It's 12,500 for the extension if you don't have 800K in the bank. Add 1,000 if you want a single reentry permit, 4,000 if you want multi-reentry.

So the 16,500 included the multiple re-entry permit. Got it, thanks

Did my extension renewal with Maneerat last month and can confirm it is 12,500. Needed to visit Jomtiem imi also, so for another 200 they rustled up a rider who ferried me over. They literally just photo you standing in front of the desk there, then it's back to the bank, and then the shop for a few days wait for your passport to return.

If you already have the 800k on deposit then they rush you 8000 instead.

Edited by Laawman
  • Like 2

Be scene and not herd.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my retirement visa all finished a couple of days ago .. Used Maneerat, Very good service indeed all but held my hand the whole way through  10/10

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, it's so nice to have re-found this website, and so glad you're still around! I feel immediately more welcomed than on the (you-know-who website), where you get judged/chastised/ridiculed by holier-than-thou types.

I have a few questions:

I'm a 63 yr old very simple,single American expat, with no wives/dependents/complications (18 yrs -Thailand,Cambo, Vietnam) I recently retired (early) and receive a very modest social security pension.

I would love to retire to good ol Jomtien, on a visa exempt, and try to secure a retirement visa with Maneerat, immediately (takes like 3 weeks yeah?)

How much (approximately) is the visa for single entry? and does single entry mean I can leave and return one time, or must I buy a multi entry, and what is approximate cost for multi?

Does Maneerat do the 90 day reporting too? I'd be willing to pay extra 😉

Advice appreciated guys, and thanks for being the cool website you are

• Like 2

On 15/02/2024 at 22:49, englishman said:

Just got my retirement visa all finished a couple of days ago .. Used Maneerat, Very good service indeed all but held my hand the whole way through  10/10

How much was it?

Edited by Kale

1 hour ago, mel1960 said:

Wow, it's so nice to have re-found this website, and so glad you're still around! I feel immediately more welcomed than on the (you-know-who website), where you get judged/chastised/ridiculed by holier-than-thou types.

I have a few questions:

I'm a 63 yr old very simple,single American expat, with no wives/dependents/complications (18 yrs -Thailand,Cambo, Vietnam) I recently retired (early) and receive a very modest social security pension.

I would love to retire to good ol Jomtien, on a visa exempt, and try to secure a retirement visa with Maneerat, immediately (takes like 3 weeks yeah?)

How much (approximately) is the visa for single entry? and does single entry mean I can leave and return one time, or must I buy a multi entry, and what is approximate cost for multi?

All of your questions have been answered previously in this thread. Have a quick read. An email to manareet with your questions will also get you a complete answer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mel1960 said:

and try to secure a retirement visa with Maneerat, immediately (takes like 3 weeks yeah?)

It was a 3 day turn around for me.

• Like 2

image.png

2 hours ago, mel1960 said:

I have a few questions:

The first time, converting to a Non O from a Visa Exempt plus a re-entry permit, assuming you don’t have a bank account with Bangkok Bank nor the 800k in any Thai bank account, will take about 3 weeks and cost in the region of 30000 baht or so.

This will see you right for 15 months. They will do your 90-day reports but they now charge (I think it’s 100 baht).

In future years it will cost you, at current prices, 16500 baht including multiple Reentry permit, assuming still no funds in bank. 3000 less if you only want a single Reentry. It will take 2 or 3 days each time.

You must have a reentry permit before you leave the country or you lose your extension. As the name suggests, a single Reentry allows you to leave the country and return once. A multiple allows you to do it as many times as you like during the 12-month period.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, mel1960 said:

To convert you need to give them 30days on your current visa to allow them time to do the necessary work. They will do the conversion, and the extension - which will give you 15 months total. The cost was 25k at the time I did it-- although that may have changed. IIRC mine was done in 2-3 weeks.

Youll need a Bangkok Bank account and they will do that for you - cost approx 5k.

The 90 day reporting they will do for you for 100b..you drop off your passport and pick it up a couple of days later.

As @SlowlyMan said, all your questions have been asked and answered throughout this thread and I am not an agent so my information, while well-intentioned may not be accurate in current conditions. I would send Maneerat a message on FB, they reply to those messages quickly during business hours and can answer specific details.

Good luck

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

I used MOTS, mainly because the owner is a native English speaker and answered my questions before I went to his office.  I paid 17k allegedly because my money wasn't in my bank 90 days. Already had a non-o and bank account.  🤷🏽‍♂️. Returned in less than a week (even with Buddha holiday) with extension and multi.  Their office is calm.

I didn't like maneerat. I felt uncomfortable in their boiler-room style, covid-plastic-divider-everywhere office.  It was chaos.

I also went to one near immigration, but I'll skip the name. I wasn't comfortable with the "madame" owner's demeanor and my wife got "bad vibes" from her.  Can't work with someone that makes you question their ability.

It will be back to MOTS next year

10 hours ago, davidge said:

The first time, converting to a Non O from a Visa Exempt 

Can you enter Thailand with no visa ( ie visa waiver 30 days) and convert to a tourist visa or non 0 ) ? Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, gtf said:

Can you enter Thailand with no visa ( ie visa waiver 30 days) and convert to a tourist visa or non 0 ) ? Thanks in advance

TV no, Non immigrant O yes. It's not a conversion, you apply for the non O and can then extend for 1 year, every year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, davidge said:

The first time, converting to a Non O from a Visa Exempt plus a re-entry permit, assuming you don’t have a bank account with Bangkok Bank nor the 800k in any Thai bank account, will take about 3 weeks and cost in the region of 30000 baht or so.

This will see you right for 15 months. They will do your 90-day reports but they now charge (I think it’s 100 baht).

In future years it will cost you, at current prices, 16500 baht including multiple Reentry permit, assuming still no funds in bank. 3000 less if you only want a single Reentry. It will take 2 or 3 days each time.

You must have a reentry permit before you leave the country or you lose your extension. As the name suggests, a single Reentry allows you to leave the country and return once. A multiple allows you to do it as many times as you like during the 12-month period.

Thanks much, and sorry I didn't read answers above before post 😉

13 hours ago, AngelCty2Nit said:

To convert you need to give them 30days on your current visa to allow them time to do the necessary work. They will do the conversion, and the extension - which will give you 15 months total. The cost was 25k at the time I did it-- although that may have changed. IIRC mine was done in 2-3 weeks.

Youll need a Bangkok Bank account and they will do that for you - cost approx 5k.

The 90 day reporting they will do for you for 100b..you drop off your passport and pick it up a couple of days later.

As @SlowlyMan said, all your questions have been asked and answered throughout this thread and I am not an agent so my information, while well-intentioned may not be accurate in current conditions. I would send Maneerat a message on FB, they reply to those messages quickly during business hours and can answer specific details.

Good luck

Thanks! and sorry I didn't read answers above first

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SlowlyMan said:

All of your questions have been answered previously in this thread. Have a quick read. An email to manareet with your questions will also get you a complete answer. 

Thanks man,and sorry I didn't read above answers first 😉

On 03/03/2024 at 03:42, Kale said:

How much was it?

P messaged you

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

22 hours ago, Jebb said:

It was a 3 day turn around for me.

You were able to get a new non o. In 3 days time? 

2 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

You were able to get a new non o. In 3 days time? 

I already had a Non O but wanted a Non OA. I already had a BKK Bamk account and I own my own place, that made things easier. With multiple re entry it cost 16,500

image.png

5 minutes ago, Jebb said:

I already had a Non O but wanted a Non OA. I already had a BKK Bamk account and I own my own place, that made things easier. With multiple re entry it cost 16,500

Aah gottcha. That's makes sense. What's the advantage of the OA