IGNORED

Agent for retirement visa required

kevin2013

Does Maneerat on Soi Post Office still have a good reputation and reasonably priced?

2 hours ago, kevin2013 said:

Does Maneerat on Soi Post Office still have a good reputation and reasonably priced?

Yes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevin2013 said:

yes for sure

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

3 hours ago, kevin2013 said:

Just done mine with them, faultless, really helpful.

If it's urgent don't forget:

IMG_3693.thumb.png.8bf3eaaa5fe2b12b24429e66b7ad49e9.png

I would not use anyone else.

keep away from the Farang agents who take the piss on price

Nan is amazing at Maneerat

Edited by az89

2 hours ago, az89 said:

......keep away from the Farang agents who take the piss on price...

Last I heard, the farang agents have to pay Immigration 2k more for the dodgy Extensions than the Thai agents do, so......

TikTok is another reputable agency.  They do more than just retirement extensions also.

Been using her for years.

On 11/12/2023 at 05:05, kevin2013 said:

Absolutely.

10 hours ago, Edge said:

Last I heard, the farang agents have to pay Immigration 2k more for the dodgy Extensions than the Thai agents do, so......

That sounds about right.

Youll notice the farang agents will never give a price on Facebook etc be it the funded or unfunded route.

One well known one was recently boasting on Facebook about “cheapest Pattaya price”  and “Christmas Special” but when asked for a price they wouldn’t say until you booked a visit and went to see them 😂😂😂 but that one has an English guy behind a Thai lady ,so no surprise there.

Like most expats know stay away from foreigners when seeking a Thai visa, the Thais have far better contacts.

Edited by az89

I was going to ask for recommendations for who to use , but the answer seems clear and the reasoning logical

• Like 2

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to approach an agent for a retirement visa (Maneerat first). So what are the things an agent will do beside take your money and get you a Visa? Do they open bank accounts (i won't have the 800k), drivers licence, do every thing without me going personally to immigration......any tips much appreciated

5 minutes ago, Seale8 said:

I am about to approach an agent for a retirement visa (Maneerat first). So what are the things an agent will do beside take your money and get you a Visa? Do they open bank accounts (i won't have the 800k), drivers licence, do every thing without me going personally to immigration......any tips much appreciated

I use Maneerat myself for my retirement visa,just go and see them and Maneerat will tell you been using them for years so far faultless service 

Edited by Pheat

9 minutes ago, Seale8 said:

Maneerat can open a bank account for you (at a fee which was close to what I paid direct to the bank because I didn't have all the correct documentation, so was lucky to get a bank employee who would do it, many will refuse). You will make one initial visit to immigration where you meet their rep who walks you in takes a photo and that's it apart from 2 visits to Maneerat's branch near their office with your passport for the 800k in/out of your bank account.

They don't do driving licences but others do, I am doing it myself but admit I probably would use an agent as the DLT office is a bit out in the "sticks".

17 minutes ago, Seale8 said:

Maneerat gets you your bank account, but they don't do drivers licence.  You have one trip to the bank (chaperoned),  one trip to immigration for the visa (chaperoned.... straight in/out)

I use them and can recommend them.

For my drivers licence I used J&E Concierce (https://www.conciergepattaya.com/) .. Pattaya Tai road.  https://maps.app.goo.gl/wfZk5PLpui1KnCGa9  ... also recommended.

ผีเสื้อ

13 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Maneerat can open a bank account for you (at a fee which was close to what I paid direct to the bank because I didn't have all the correct documentation, so was lucky to get a bank employee who would do it, many will refuse). You will make one initial visit to immigration where you meet their rep who walks you in takes a photo and that's it apart from 2 visits to Maneerat's branch near their office with your passport for the 800k in/out of your bank account.

They don't do driving licences but others do, I am doing it myself but admit I probably would use an agent as the DLT office is a bit out in the "sticks".

For my drivers licence I used J&E Concierce (https://www.conciergepattaya.com/) .. Pattaya Tai road.  https://maps.app.goo.gl/wfZk5PLpui1KnCGa9  ...  recommended.

You go to their office and they sort out all the paperwork - except your certificate of residency .. you get that at immigration in Jomtien Soi 5.

They also take you out to the DLT office (yes ... out in the sticks) to make the licence appointment - you must do that in person - then take you home.

On the day of your appointment, you go to their office and they take you to the DLT, chaperone you through the process - then take you home with your licence(s).

As a UK driver without a UK motorcycle licence, I was happy to discover that my UK licences actually includes a 'A' (motorcycle) rating with a 79/3 restriction ... unlimited tricycle .... and Thailand accepts that as a normal motorcycle licence. So I was able to get both the Thai car and motorcycle licence without doing the tests.

Just watch a 1 hour safety video, and do a colour blind test and a reaction time test.

Edited by discrete
  • Thanks 2

ผีเสื้อ

1 hour ago, discrete said:

For my drivers licence I used J&E Concierce (https://www.conciergepattaya.com/) .. Pattaya Tai road.  https://maps.app.goo.gl/wfZk5PLpui1KnCGa9  ...  recommended.

You go to their office and they sort out all the paperwork - except your certificate of residency .. you get that at immigration in Jomtien Soi 5.

They also take you out to the DLT office (yes ... out in the sticks) to make the licence appointment - you must do that in person - then take you home.

On the day of your appointment, you go to their office and they take you to the DLT, chaperone you through the process - then take you home with your licence(s).

As a UK driver without a UK motorcycle licence, I was happy to discover that my UK licences actually includes a 'A' (motorcycle) rating with a 79/3 restriction ... unlimited tricycle .... and Thailand accepts that as a normal motorcycle licence. So I was able to get both the Thai car and motorcycle licence without doing the tests.

Just watch a 1 hour safety video, and do a colour blind test and a reaction time test.

What did they charge for the service?

9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What did they charge for the service?

18 months ago it was 4000 baht..  but I am told that it is now 5000 baht.  Includes transport, medical certificate and licence charges .... but not the certificate of residency

ผีเสื้อ

35 minutes ago, discrete said:

18 months ago it was 4000 baht..  but I am told that it is now 5000 baht.  Includes transport, medical certificate and licence charges .... but not the certificate of residency

Same then as what I was quoted at another agency. The kicker is it was only 3500B for one license, but if you wanted both a car and motorbike license they upped the price to 5000B.

I pointed out that other an a few hundred baht for the 2nd license, it was the same amount of time and effort on the agents part to fill out the paperwork and transport me to/from DLT so a premium of 1500B for the 2nd license was too much.

What I wanted to avoid is the ride out on my motorbike to the distant DLT two times. In the past only one trip was needed. Absurd they now require an extra trip to make an appointment to come back another day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, discrete said:

Maneerat gets you your bank account, but they don't do drivers licence.  You have one trip to the bank (chaperoned),  one trip to immigration for the visa (chaperoned.... straight in/out)

For my drivers licence I used J&E Concierce (https://www.conciergepattaya.com/) .. Pattaya Tai road.  https://maps.app.goo.gl/wfZk5PLpui1KnCGa9  ... also recommended.

I think you will find it is 2 visits to the bank now, (change of rules) there is a follow up on the 800k fund requirement.

Edited by geezerrb
correction

2 hours ago, geezerrb said:

I think you will find it is 2 visits to the bank now, (change of rules) there is a follow up on the 800k fund requirement.

That may have changed since I did it nearly two years ago

ผีเสื้อ

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2024 at 09:19, discrete said:

Maneerat make nothing on opening the bank account if you are also getting a long term visa, since they know it’s a requirement of getting the long term visa.

The 3700baht is paid directly to the bank clerk and not Maneerat,the break down is something like 2600 accident Insurance (30000 baht coverage) 300 account opening fee 200 ATM card fee and the remainder goes into your account .

The bank is getting some commission on the insurance, so it’s a bit of a “ I scratch your back , you scratch mine “ between the agent and Bangkok Bank.

It would be interesting to know what the quote would be if asked Maneerat only  to open the Bank account or even if they do it without the other services attached.

Edited by az89
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, az89 said:

Maneerat make nothing on opening the bank account if you are also getting a long term visa, since they know it’s a requirement of getting the long term visa.

The 3700baht is paid directly to the bank clerk and not Maneerat,the break down is something like 2600 accident Insurance (30000 baht coverage) 300 account opening fee 200 ATM card fee and the remainder goes into your account .

The bank is getting some commission on the insurance, so it’s a bit of a “ I scratch your back , you scratch mine “ between the agent and Bangkok Bank.

It would be interesting to know what the quote would be if asked Maneerat only  to open the Bank account or even if they do it without the other services attached.

I used Maneerat to open a bank account with the Bangkok Bank in Nov 23. No other services used. 6000 baht total with 520 baht going into the account. Went to the bank on Beach Rd unaccompanied. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I assume Maneerat charge 2300baht on top of the unavoidable bank charges if this is the sole service you require, just checked and it was also 520b into my account after handing the bank clerk 3700b.Thank you for the information David🙏

Maneerat have a lady usually sat in the reception area of the Bangkok Bank  beach road branch to iron out any problems, that’s how closely they and the bank work together, another reason to only ever use them.

Edited by az89
  • Thanks 1

On 08/01/2024 at 15:26, discrete said:

That may have changed since I did it nearly two years ago

The new rule change I experienced  , now have to go to immigration  in person to get your photo taken by the manareet  agent on duty there . Also now have to make a deposit into my account ( have over 800,000 in ) just so they can charge me 30 baht for depositing outside of where my account held ( Bangkok  ) 

Not the simple procedure  that it was to extend a retirement  visa . A trip to Jomtien  involved now , " haven't you got a car or motorbike " agent lady asked . Still it's only 10 baht there and 10 baht back on the songthew