Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fun with applying for tourist visa

madmike

I have just apply for my Tourist Visa to RTE London. It was straight forward but I will see how long its takes and if they require anymore information.

I applied for a 60 online visa a week last Sunday came through Sat morning.

Very easy if you put the right information in.

33 minutes ago, ronthebrummie said:

I applied for a 60 online visa a week last Sunday came through Sat morning.

Very easy if you put the right information in.

They've apparently reduced the number of required items since just a year ago; at least for the U.S.

Last year they wanted a pic of you holding your passport.

Also wanted a pic of some proof of funds (I sent a bank account page)

Didn't ask for a copy of a signed "declaration" that you "understood everything".

Didn't ask when my last international trip was nor did they require a pic of my passport to show the same.

My reservation in Thailand was only for weeks of a 12-week trip and they didn't object (last year I'd included the entire trip reservation).

Also didn't request any travel out of and back into Thailand to account for the last 30 of the 90 days shown by my flights. They DID however have some sort of disclaimer about your airline noting such a requirement - so THAT part is still a bit "up in the air".

Now they did still show a record of my previous application so I suppose they could've kept and accepted some of that as still being the same but,,,,,, seems to me they're getting a bit more toward a more logical and convenient path, at least for 1st world travelers, coming to Thailand.  👍

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

6 minutes ago, bangna said:

@Mikejon and @ronthebrummie I suspect requirements are passport bio page and flight info. Did you have to give hotel booking details and any further info? Thanks in advance.

Passport bio, separate photo, travel and hotel booking

On 24/11/2023 at 09:50, jimbo3303 said:

Huh.. mine is submitted right now and I only provided my first two weeks of accommodation.  I hope I don't have to resubmit and pay again..  I'm still waiting to hear back.

How'd you make out ?

Fwiw, I only included proof for the 1st 13 nights accommodation, for a 90-day trip, with no other info, and it was approved in 3 days.

14 hours ago, bangna said:

@Mikejon and @ronthebrummie I suspect requirements are passport bio page and flight info. Did you have to give hotel booking details and any further info? Thanks in advance.

I just sent them a copy of my booking which was only my first 2 weeks. Hopefully this will be acceptable. Also a copy of a utility bill for proof of my current address and a recent photo passport style. 

13 hours ago, sulu said:

How'd you make out ?

Fwiw, I only included proof for the 1st 13 nights accommodation, for a 90-day trip, with no other info, and it was approved in 3 days.

You applied for the 60 day tourist visa right?  Mine is still processing, starting to get a bit anxious as I travel in about 20 days.  Good for you. Was this from Ottawa?

1 hour ago, jimbo3303 said:

You applied for the 60 day tourist visa right?  Mine is still processing, starting to get a bit anxious as I travel in about 20 days.  Good for you. Was this from Ottawa?

No, I'm from the U.S. and got the e-visa in 3 days. I was just wondering if you'd gotten yours.

I assume you've paid already, yes ?

If so, you can click on the application number and then there's a button to "check status". What does that say ?

I forget the exact window of time but I recall when I paid, there was a message below, something to the effect of "If you haven't heard back for XX days, send an email to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

If it were me I'd first try to find out the window and, if outside of it, I'd certainly be taking that next step.

Good luck. 👍

• 1 month later...

Just applied online for tourist visa, via London embassy = [email protected]

Added passport bio page, photo, flight info, first hotel confirmation (2 days only) and put address for next hotel, finally document to indicate current location (copy of council tax).

Submitted at 14.30 and received visa at 21.45 same day. all times UK. Certainly a record for me.

I book a hotel with free cancellation policy and cancel once visa is received. My long stay address is a guesthouse but all communication is via Line, not confident a couple of Line messages would be accepted for proof of accommodation.

Edited by bangna
  • Like 2