Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fun with applying for tourist visa

madmike

Well I just spent 30 minutes entering lots of data and jpgs of information they want to give me an evisa.  I love the fact I don't have to be in person or mail my passport.

However their system needs help.  I was saving my work as I completed each section and was on the last section when it locked up.  OK, I logged out and back in.  Shows I have an incomplete visa application but click on it and blank screen.

Love that they are doing this but wish it worked.  Hope tomorrow it does  LOL

It's a complete pain in the @rse , so many useless questions, they ask for every stamp in your passport over the last year , but only accept one upload .....however it doesn't seem to matter how you answer , the visa gets approved anyway and pretty quickly 🤷‍♂️

Cambodia , is so much simpler 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

My real complaint is I was almost through with it and suddenly it seized up.  Went back in and can't seem to open my partially filled file.  Well, tomorrow is another day.  Luckily I have until January to figure it out.

I started looking at the process for a holiday early next year. The EVisa website isn't mobile friendly on my Android phone but seems OK on my chrombook.

Quick question - do you need to provide arrival and departure dates? Or is the visa for arrival during a window of time? 

2 minutes ago, mr21 said:

I started looking at the process for a holiday early next year. The EVisa website isn't mobile friendly on my Android phone but seems OK on my chrombook.

Quick question - do you need to provide arrival and departure dates? Or is the visa for arrival during a window of time? 

When the visa is issued you have 3 months to use it. As part of the application you have to upload a return flight.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The biggest issue I have had is the fact you can only upload one page per question..my flight itinerary involves a total of 6 flights, which does not fit on to one page.. My house lease agreement the same, I've tried sending just the last page of this but they always want more, even if there was a place to add additional documents like the Thai pass did ..that would be fine. I love the premise of the E visa but its a royal pain in the butt. Always takes me a t least 3 weeks or more to get approved.

• Like 2

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

1 hour ago, englishman said:

The biggest issue I have had is the fact you can only upload one page per question..my flight itinerary involves a total of 6 flights, which does not fit on to one page.. My house lease agreement the same, I've tried sending just the last page of this but they always want more, even if there was a place to add additional documents like the Thai pass did ..that would be fine. I love the premise of the E visa but its a royal pain in the butt. Always takes me a t least 3 weeks or more to get approved.

Yes I had trouble figuring out how to fit my entire flight itinerary on one sheet.  I finally shrunk the heck out of it and it fit.

Update I sent my application in an paid.  Within 2 days got a response.  FUCK.  Apparently you have to be within 90 days to apply and I'm closer to 110 days.  And I was asked for proof of money (which I already sent but maybe it didn't have my name) and my hotel reservation (which I DID include).

Was told wait until mid November and send that info.  Maybe I won't have to pay again.

1 hour ago, madmike said:

Yes I had trouble figuring out how to fit my entire flight itinerary on one sheet.  I finally shrunk the heck out of it and it fit.

Update I sent my application in an paid.  Within 2 days got a response.  FUCK.  Apparently you have to be within 90 days to apply and I'm closer to 110 days.  And I was asked for proof of money (which I already sent but maybe it didn't have my name) and my hotel reservation (which I DID include).

Was told wait until mid November and send that info.  Maybe I won't have to pay again.

I get at least 1 or 2 emails back from them asking for information that I was sure was adequate and did include...it's never gone smoothly yet for me but i get there in the end..wish they could fix the only being able to add one page for docs ..because it is much better than sending your passport to them...

You could cut and paste all the information into a Word document, then print it as a PDF in a single file to upload.  A bit of work but likely helps on the processing side.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It took me about 5 minutes to fill up application for e visa to Vietnam on this website https://visafly.com/vietnam/, very simple, no tricky questions. In general i hate everything t do with the documents and applications, but that was ok, even for me. I think all countries should make such an easy visa request form.

12 hours ago, miafricker said:

It took me about 5 minutes to fill up application for e visa to Vietnam on this website https://visafly.com/vietnam/, very simple, no tricky questions. In general i hate everything t do with the documents and applications, but that was ok, even for me. I think all countries should make such an easy visa request form.

That's not the official Vietnam eVisa website though. For the 30-day eVisa that has an official price tag of $25, they charge 79 EUR, which is a ridiculous markup by any standard.

They also don't seem to offer the 90-day tourist eVisa which is now available again (both in a single-entry and in a multi-entry version).

Here's the official website:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu

• 2 weeks later...

This last application for an E visa was a tad easier, they seem to have cut out a couple of the more ridiculous questions and since I've figured out how to do multiple page PDFs for my flights and house lease  that has also made things easier...but OMG they are so slow at RTE Ottawa, now a couple days shy of a calendar month and still no sign of it, good job I'm doing it well ahead of time.

I applied on Monday (London) (Nov13) got my Visa on Thursday (Nov16) entire process took less than 15 minutes, including booking throwaway flight tickets and a refundable hotel for one night.

If you already had real tickets and dates confirmed, I reckon you could do it in less than 10 minutes.

The only things I was asked for was Passport biometric page, recent photo of less than 6 months, & flight/hotel confirmation and I think proof of residency which I just uploaded the passport again.

Judging from what I've read online, I think people over complicate the process.

Edited by RRosenberg
  • Like 2

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

The approved visa was emailed to me for print out, i'm assuming you just give it to the immigration agent on arrival and they stamp you in for 60 days? I will be using the fast track immigration option if that makes a difference?

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

3 minutes ago, RRosenberg said:

The approved visa was emailed to me for print out, i'm assuming you just give it to the immigration agent on arrival and they stamp you in for 60 days? I will be using the fast track immigration option if that makes a difference?

You got it exactly right. Have the print out with you. Not sure if a copy on your phone will work. All they need is the number, so it should.

ALWAYS check the dates before you leave the desk. Make sure they gave you 60 days. 

Interesting how we all have a different experience with eVisa. I did mine a couple weeks ago. It seemed to me like they had cleaned up the glitches, streamlined the process and eliminated the irrelevant questions. I was done under 10 minutes. Had the visa within 7 days. using the Chicago consulate. 

I needed to provide a throw away ticket for the return as I will actually be staying more then 90 days.  Other then that easy peasy.

I just quickly checked it out, and they improved it massively IMO. You can now actually press back button so you don't have to fill all in in one go. They removed picture of yourself and passport, financial statements and something else I think. I remember last step being massive pain in the ass earlier this year.

I completed my e-visa online (Ottawa, Canada), pretty straightforward at least so far...  I completed and submitted on November 10th,  says it's still "in process"

On 12/10/2023 at 15:52, madmike said:

Just an update.  I had issues with the document I sent for my hotel reservation.  Sent it twice and they rejected it twice.  Contacted the hotel and sent a different document.  All good now.  I have my visa and I  appreciate that the embassy made the effort to help me fix this and not pay twice.  Kudos to them.

On 18/11/2023 at 18:31, swiftytillwild said:

I just quickly checked it out, and they improved it massively IMO. You can now actually press back button so you don't have to fill all in in one go. They removed picture of yourself and passport, financial statements and something else I think. I remember last step being massive pain in the ass earlier this year.

Still have to provide a financial statement , waited a month for them to email me regarding my house lease agreement, they didn't like the signature from the owner on the agreement so I've had to resubmit that, so in total so far it's 5 weeks and counting. just amazing how different all the embassies are... i think last time it was at least 6 weeks....for some reason RTE Ottawa seem to be very picky ?  But I'll get there in the end

• Like 2

On 18/11/2023 at 19:37, jimbo3303 said:

I completed my e-visa online (Ottawa, Canada), pretty straightforward at least so far...  I completed and submitted on November 10th,  says it's still "in process"

Expect it to take a month at least !

Took me about two weeks to get my 90 day O visa approved,  but still having to invitation letter from the wife and some other shit is a pain in the butt, hopefully Thailand will open up the 90 day tourist visa like they have to Russians and Chinese to the Western countries.

1 hour ago, englishman said:

Still have to provide a financial statement , waited a month for them to email me regarding my house lease agreement, they didn't like the signature from the owner on the agreement so I've had to resubmit that, so in total so far it's 5 weeks and counting. just amazing how different all the embassies are... i think last time it was at least 6 weeks....for some reason RTE Ottawa seem to be very picky ?  But I'll get there in the end

I'm sorry they jump you through all the hoops. I had 2 visa applications, one this time last year, and one this spring. With all the documents. And it never lasted more than few days, I want to say a week at most. For financial statement I just asked at my bank for a letter that roughly says "We confirm this dude has X amount of money in his bank account"

I just applied for one earlier this week. Only took 2 days to get approved, it was a lot easier than I expected given the earlier feedback from others.

Got the visa within 5 days of applying. I think best to apply three or two months before the flight . Cos my mate had his documents incorrect, ( E ticket ) he emailed it back and still waiting , 3 weeks now  , be careful lads .