IGNORED

Blackwoods Hotel soi 7 - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

On 01/10/2023 at 05:41, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

My only real gripe is the wardrobe

You made many efforts to tidy up your wardrobe for the photo :)

I prefer a close wardrobe too ...

On 03/10/2023 at 06:56, keepitfun said:

How could they possibly enforce it other than going through your personal things.

Perhaps some beer in the fridge, not personal

Dont let the empty bottle in your room, take it outside in a trash can

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman said:

You made many efforts to tidy up your wardrobe for the photo :)

I prefer a close wardrobe too ...

Perhaps some beer in the fridge, not personal

Dont let the empty bottle in your room, take it outside in a trash can

The cleaning ladies were sound - I kept my beers in the fridge and put empties in room bin…no charge.

• Like 2

On 03/10/2023 at 07:07, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

In fairness, I had beers and Hoegaarden Rose (for guests) in the fridge…no issues. Maybe it’s a rule in name only.

I think the rule is out of date. If I am correct, someone here asked about it last time. He got the answer then that it is allowed in the room. Only in the public hotel places you are not allowed to consume self-bought food/drink. 

When I was at the hotel in February, I also had no problem with bringing food or drink. I was also told that it was not a problem in the room. I rather think that they want to scare people into buying food and drinks only from the hotel

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Blackwoods is an awesome hotel.  Relatively new, excellent staff, fast-reliable wifi, and the Queen suite/sea suite rooms are really comfortable.  My *only* gripe about the place is the location.  The top of soi 7 is not a good spot for a hotel IMO.  Then again I made the mistake of taking a girl from a soi 7 bar back early in my stay, and every time I walked by with a different one she gave me the side eye, so I set myself up for some awkward smiles.  

• Haha 2

On 28/09/2023 at 20:43, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Rooms - I booked a standard basic room which was a decent size at 30 sqm and they are to a reasonably high spec and well laid out - I genuinely never felt cramped. Ultra modern designed and decorated. I really appreciated the minimalist effect including artwork throughout the room - a really nice design feature. As in many modern hotels there are no wardrobes (and barely any drawers), there’s just a hanging rail. For a ‘neat freak’ like me it’s bloody annoying having your kit spread out on random surfaces. There is a little bit of desk space, and there is a single chair but no sofa. There is a balcony (mine overlooking soi 7) but no furniture on it…it didn’t bother me but would  disappoint those who like to sit out. On the plus side you are given 2 swipe cards when checking in, so you can have the electricity on 24/7 (useful if you’re trying to keep loom cool and get your phone and iPad charged…but maybe costly to the owners).

That's a pet peeve of mine.  I am a fucking slob at home, but am VERY organized when I travel.  I like my shit hanging in a closet with the doors closed and in drawers that are closed, as well.  Hate having my shit just laying out.

My stays are rarely more than a couple of days, but if I was doing a longer stay, I would have to think about buying one of those cheap hanging closet organizers that at least function like drawers (although still open).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the review. I've booked 4 nights next September and looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2023 at 18:04, tobeornottobe said:

Blackwoods or the Areca?

?

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2023 at 21:44, Luv2Phuket said:

That's a pet peeve of mine.  I am a fucking slob at home, but am VERY organized when I travel.  I like my shit hanging in a closet with the doors closed and in drawers that are closed, as well.  Hate having my shit just laying out.

My stays are rarely more than a couple of days, but if I was doing a longer stay, I would have to think about buying one of those cheap hanging closet organizers that at least function like drawers (although still open).

I have booked the booked Blackwoods for early March. I have quoted this post as I am also a slob at home and so tidy and organised when I travel. I constantly tidy my hotel room on holiday and probably leave it in a better state than when I check in. Wish I could say the same about my home. 

Lottellee W, always like and appreciate your hotel reviews.  

Since we now have 3 extra days in Pattaya, I was debating whether to extend the stay at Amethyst or move to another hotel close to Second Rd. like Page 10.  Now I read your review of Blackwoods and wondering if we should move to Page 10 or Blackwoods.  Page 10 is nice except from a yt video I saw, the shower only has a curtain and not glass enclosure, so Blackwoods seems nicer for sure.  Ok, I'm picky about certain stuff.  

Also I like that no large tour groups tend to book at Blackwoods. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Krane said:

Lottellee W, always like and appreciate your hotel reviews.  

Since we now have 3 extra days in Pattaya, I was debating whether to extend the stay at Amethyst or move to another hotel close to Second Rd. like Page 10.  Now I read your review of Blackwoods and wondering if we should move to Page 10 or Blackwoods.  Page 10 is nice except from a yt video I saw, the shower only has a curtain and not glass enclosure, so Blackwoods seems nicer for sure.  Ok, I'm picky about certain stuff.  

Also I like that no large tour groups tend to book at Blackwoods. 

Blackwoods is by far the nicer hotel.  I would argue that Blackwoods is a true 3.5 star that is relatively new, and well run.  Page 10 IMO is closer to a 3 that is showing its age, even after the newest round of "refreshing" the rooms have gotten.  

Page 10 has by far the better location.  The top of Soi 10 is just much more convenient to running to everything than the top of Soi 7 is.  Unless you're spending the bulk of your time at Soi 6, or the bars on Soi 7 I found Blackwoods location to be kind of a pain, and for that reason I skip it now.

• Like 2

Is the smoking fine per day?

I'm not a smoker, but some ladies do, so if a lady comes into my room and smokes, and then comes back another day and smokes, would I need to pay 6k or 3k?

Just a question. Would you prefer amethyst or Blackwoods. I already booke amethyst but as I was there last year I wanted eventually to change. The problem is that I do not know if I have a better option. 

so maybe Blackwood. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

Blackwoods is by far the nicer hotel.  I would argue that Blackwoods is a true 3.5 star that is relatively new, and well run.  Page 10 IMO is closer to a 3 that is showing its age, even after the newest round of "refreshing" the rooms have gotten.  

Page 10 has by far the better location.  The top of Soi 10 is just much more convenient to running to everything than the top of Soi 7 is.  Unless you're spending the bulk of your time at Soi 6, or the bars on Soi 7 I found Blackwoods location to be kind of a pain, and for that reason I skip it now.

Ended up booking Blackwoods.  I had issues with the Page 10 online direct booking site payment, but YMMV as always.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, neandertal13 said:

Just a question. Would you prefer amethyst or Blackwoods. I already booke amethyst but as I was there last year I wanted eventually to change. The problem is that I do not know if I have a better option. 

so maybe Blackwood. 

These 2 hotels are IMHO the best 4 star newcomers to enter the Pattaya hotel ‘offer’. Really hard to seperate them…Amethyst is possibly slightly classier, but really not much in it. I would put the choice between them down to 2 factors:

1) Location - Amethyst is great for Buhakow and LK Metro, whereas Blackwoods is ideal for Beach Road and soi 7/8

2) Price - I would shop around and whichever of these 2 hotels were cheaper I would go for.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

These 2 hotels are IMHO the best 4 star newcomers to enter the Pattaya hotel ‘offer’. Really hard to seperate them…Amethyst is possibly slightly classier, but really not much in it. I would put the choice between them down to 2 factors:

1) Location - Amethyst is great for Buhakow and LK Metro, whereas Blackwoods is ideal for Beach Road and soi 7/8

2) Price - I would shop around and whichever of these 2 hotels were cheaper I would go for.

What I like at blackwoods is the possibility to have sea view and balcony. Amethyst it is almost impossible to have balcony. 

regarding location soi 7 or 8 are less interesting than lk or bulkhao I guess. Location better for amethyst. 

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 13:12, ocka said:

Is there a power outlet next to the bed?

I like plenty of outlets as well.     Some hotels aren't as generous with them as others.

To avoid any disappointment I always pack a longer multi-outlet extension cord in my ravel bag.

18 minutes ago, neandertal13 said:

What I like at blackwoods is the possibility to have sea view and balcony. Amethyst it is almost impossible to have balcony. 

regarding location soi 7 or 8 are less interesting than lk or bulkhao I guess. Location better for amethyst. 

It depends what you like, I’m not as keen on LK as I used to be, so probably prefer soi7/8 and Beach Road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick Blaine said:

To avoid any disappointment I always pack a longer multi-outlet extension cord in my ravel bag.

Yes,  me too, a 3 metre cord with 4 outlets.   I had to use it at August Suites for my CPAP,  but I prefer not to,  because of the risk of tripping over the cord in the middle of the night.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 17/01/2024 at 00:18, neandertal13 said:

There's basically one, maybe two rooms with what I would call a sea view.  The two "Sea Suite/Queen Suite" corner rooms (615/715 if I remember correctly) will offer a marginal view of the sea.  I would not book anything at Blackwoods thinking it's a full sea view room. 

I stayed in both 615, and 715, and here is a pick from I think 715 which is slightly better of a view than 615 (marginally better).  

image.thumb.png.eb5065e7b558f16e0abb6d3cd4cf726f.png

Edited by PGSTC776
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/01/2024 at 08:18, neandertal13 said:

Does the amethyst not have balconies?  I have booked amethyst for next trip thought everything was sweet lol.Hopefully I am miss Reading as a balcony is a must for me. 

21 minutes ago, steviemac121 said:

Does the amethyst not have balconies?  I have booked amethyst for next trip thought everything was sweet lol.Hopefully I am miss Reading as a balcony is a must for me. 

Some have full balconies, but the standard rooms only have those smallish half balcony things you can't actually go out and sit on.