Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Blackwoods Hotel soi 7 - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks LW for another great review. I stayed at The Globe earlier this month thanks to your last review and it was on par with all that you mentioned. I walked by Blackwoods many times during that stay and it certainly looks pretty good. After the trouble finding The Globe when Meow's taxi was dropping me off, I looked rather longingly everyday at the spacious pickup/dropoff area in front of Blackwoods.

If I get back to Patts in Oct or Nov, Blackwoods is definitely on the shortlist. The Globe's prices for the dates I tried in Oct are more than double what I paid (around B1200) for this recent trip, so that's most likely out.

#35 on the room pricelist 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @LOTTELLEE WINNA,  and thanks for the review.  I have a few small questions.

1. Is there a power outlet next to the bed?
  2. Is there an armchair or sofa in the room?
  3. Does the pool have a staircase entry or is it ladder only?
  4. Is the pool open after sundown?

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Awesome review, thank you for your efforts!

It's funny that they'll check if you took the bottle opener (100 Bhat), but didn't check the TV and safe.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ocka said:

Hi @LOTTELLEE WINNA,  and thanks for the review.  I have a few small questions.

1. Is there a power outlet next to the bed?
  2. Is there an armchair or sofa in the room?
  3. Does the pool have a staircase entry or is it ladder only?
  4. Is the pool open after sundown?

Cheers.

1. Yes plug points either side of bed (pic attached)

2. Armchair only (pic attached) - a real pity as there is space for a custom made 2 seater sofa.

3. Ladder only.

4. Pool closes 9pm.

IMG_2417.jpeg

IMG_2416.jpeg

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

1. Yes plug points either side of bed (pic attached)

2. Armchair only (pic attached) - a real pity as there is space for a custom made 2 seater sofa.

3. Ladder only.

4. Pool closes 9pm.

Thanks.  Nice to see it's an international plug too.  

Good to have the pool open to 9pm.  I like to swim when the sun is not on the pool.  

• Like 1

Thx for again a great review

Will make a visit in November, check the rooftop pool and perhaps a room

Perhaps for a next trip ...

On google photos you can see 2 girls with a flamingo in the pool ... are they always there ? :) 555!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaribbeanDelight said:

Thanks for the review.

I'm actually surprised about the noise as I read a few people weren't happy with the music from the bars around 1-2am

Honestly, really quiet. It’s currently 10pm and I’ve just got in from an amazing night at Fired-Up…the vid attached shows me outside on the balcony and then I come inside and close the door. Genuinely really quiet inside the room.

Thanks for another top class review LW, a great location, everything shiny and new etc.. but one thing that would probably put me off staying there.........yep you've guessed it the lack of storage space, just an hanging rail and no drawers would be a big no-no for me on a three week stay, ok for shorter visits maybe  but i do tend to bring quite a few clothes with me.:Grin3:

One thing i like about your reviews is the number of photos, gives you a decent idea of what the entire room is like, hope theres more to come in the future.

11 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Thanks for another top class review LW, a great location, everything shiny and new etc.. but one thing that would probably put me off staying there.........yep you've guessed it the lack of storage space, just an hanging rail and no drawers would be a big no-no for me on a three week stay, ok for shorter visits maybe  but i do tend to bring quite a few clothes with me.:Grin3:

One thing i like about your reviews is the number of photos, gives you a decent idea of what the entire room is like, hope theres more to come in the future.

As always my friend, thank you for the positive feedback. Yes, there’s definitely a few more reviews to come, as next week I’m staying at Grande Center Point (with the family), and then another wild solo week on my own - staying at Ayura Grand so I can explore all the bars and GCs of Pratumnak and Jomtien…full hotel reviews to follow.

Totally agree with your ‘lack of wardrobe’ comments…I don’t understand why modern hotels build rooms without clothes storage.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

As always my friend, thank you for the positive feedback. Yes, there’s definitely a few more reviews to come, as next week I’m staying at Grande Center Point (with the family), and then another wild solo week on my own - staying at Ayura Grand so I can explore all the bars and GCs of Pratumnak and Jomtien…full hotel reviews to follow.

Totally agree with your ‘lack of wardrobe’ comments…I don’t understand why modern hotels build rooms without clothes storage.

Think you'll find its Aiyara Grand, and unfortunately it is one the bigger Chinese Group hotels in the Jomtien/Pratumnak area. Bit of research might be in order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thainet said:

Think you'll find its Aiyara Grand, and unfortunately it is one the bigger Chinese Group hotels in the Jomtien/Pratumnak area. Bit of research might be in order.

I chose the Aiyara Grand for two reasons…1 location it’s exactly where I want to be re Baht Bus for Jomtien and Pattaya, 2 price, I’m a platinum member on Agoda and they had a Fire Sale offer, think it was 800 THB. 

Re Chinese tour groups, if there are some I haven’t noticed…walked past many times (yesterday included). I read Agoda reviews and no mention of tour groups. If I don’t like it I will just checkout and move to Lewitt hotel on soi5 round the corner…let me undertake a spot of PA hotel research 😎

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

If I don’t like it I will just checkout and move to Lewitt hotel on soi5 round the corner…let me undertake a spot of PA hotel research 😎

It does seem to have some bad reviews on Google Maps,  so it's good that you have a "plan B."

• Like 1

Looks like a nice place to stay, thanks for the review.

Item #35 on the room charge list is a bit intriguing, Dua's intestines?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Barramonday said:

I wondered about that too.  Meant to include it in my list of questions,  but I forgot. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ocka said:

It does seem to have some bad reviews on Google Maps,  so it's good that you have a "plan B."

The reviews I’ve read are mixed, but mostly positive. The primary reason for booking (apart from trying out new hotels) was location. I’ve only booked at 800 THB for 4 nights…if it isn’t to my liking then it’s not a problem as I’ve already checked that the Lewitt (stayed there previously) has vacancies 😎

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Barramonday said:

13 minutes ago, ocka said:

I wondered about that too.  Meant to include it in my list of questions,  but I forgot. 

I think they mean inside of the duvet quilt. ‘Dua’s intestines’…it’s all a bit lost in translation 😀 

• Like 2

On 29/09/2023 at 17:00, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Honestly, really quiet. It’s currently 10pm and I’ve just got in from an amazing night at Fired-Up…the vid attached shows me outside on the balcony and then I come inside and close the door. Genuinely really quiet inside the room.

Yeah that's really doesn't sound loud at all.

Thanks for the video

• Like 1

Having been here a few more days, let me say that this is a good hotel and one which is growing on me. The staff are so helpful and friendly, the breakfasts are ok, the location is fantastic, I like the room and I love having a proper large size modern bathtub 🛀 

My only real gripe is the wardrobe…or rather lack of one. It’s not the ‘fault’ of this hotel alone, many modern hotels go down this minimalist route of no closed off wardrobe or drawers. To illustrate how impractical this is check out the picture below - there is a very large hanging rail, but only 4 hangers - which results in lots of wasted space and means that my clothes remain in my bag, or some are placed on top above the rail (note I’m 180cm, but have dragged a stool over (bottom left in pic) to stand on. All in all, it’s just badly designed. As I say I’m not having a pop at Blackwoods, many new hotels are going down this minimal storage route.

IMG_2426.jpeg

Thanks for the review.Your videos and photos show exactly how the layout is, and how good it is in terms of keeping the noise out.

the closet space is enough really. but you're right about the hangers. Just a few more hangers and this would be perfect

• Like 2

Maybe this is in all hotels and I just haven’t noticed it. Obviously if you are dining in a hotel restaurant and bring your own wine you expect to pay corkage/service charge, but if your drinking in your room?

IMG_2455.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Maybe this is in all hotels and I just haven’t noticed it. Obviously if you are dining in a hotel restaurant and bring your own wine you expect to pay corkage/service charge, but if your drinking in your room?

IMG_2455.jpeg

What an outrageous money grab.  How could they possibly enforce it other than going through your personal things.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

What an outrageous money grab.  How could they possibly enforce it other than going through your personal things.  

In fairness, I had beers and Hoegaarden Rose (for guests) in the fridge…no issues. Maybe it’s a rule in name only.