Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How often do you go to the gym, especially before coming to pattaya?

wengweng

Dipping in and out of a fitness regime doesn’t really work. It’s really a lifestyle choice - and you have to stick with it.

I’m early 60s and go to the gym 5 times a week. I’ve been doing that for 40+ years. I don’t take myself too seriously, I just enjoy it. Do about 90 mins cardio and then 30 mins weights. My introduction to fitness was back in my late teens with proper old school military PTIs. Horrible people they were - but they got you fit. They called fat people fat in those days ! You exercised until it hurt and more. When I see some of these personal trainers in Gyms nowadays I chuckle quietly to myself. They would struggle with proper hard military style training. We were made to hang by our arms from the wall bars if we weren’t performing properly. On occasions if you really pissed the instructor off he would stand in front of you and ask “Top, Middle or Bottom?” You could choose where he was going to punch you. Obviously those unfortunate enough to experience it chose middle as they didn’t want the face or bollocks damaged !

But it worked - even the ‘fat lads’ became fit. So for some of us it stuck for life - I can’t stop gyming now it’s just part of my day.

• Like 2