IGNORED

View Talay 6 - latest news

socrates

1 minute ago, penboy said:

Is this being built on the land that was cleared last year next to vt6?

Yes. There were detailed plans published several years ago now but then put on hold.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Damn, that sucks, VT6 is a great place to stay and now maybe not so much with the construction noise and probably view being somewhat blocked of many units.

• Like 2

So is that the perspective from 2nd Rd? They're going to have 2 buildings on the property?

7 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

So is that the perspective from 2nd Rd? They're going to have 2 buildings on the property?

Two buildings - 16 floor building towards Beach Road end - 27 floor 2nd road end

Found these on my phone dated October 2014:

IMG_0928.jpegIMG_0929.jpegIMG_0930.jpegIMG_0931.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Any word on when the construction will start? 🤔

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

408 rooms with motorcycle parking for 37 motorcycles.

Hahahahahahaha

Imagine the parking nightmare with these additional buildings 

• Like 1

Right, its time for me to start doing nude yoga on my balcony at VT6 - that will make them change their mind.......

• Haha 6

On 23/08/2023 at 20:06, travelling_man said:

Hahahahahahaha

Exactly what I was thinking… planning legislation in European countries is strict when it comes to the ratio of parking spaces to units proposed. Additionally one of the first things a developer is asked to produce is an independent traffic impact assessment. However TiT 😀

On 23/08/2023 at 20:06, travelling_man said:

Hahahahahahaha

Apart from the staff, who travels to a nice hotel on a motorbike?

• Like 2

On 23/08/2023 at 04:33, tokyojoe2010 said:

Any word on when the construction will start? 🤔

This ^

Fingers crossed it's not this coming high season.

I'm there there at the start of next month for two weeks, hopefully the construction hasn't started by then.

Maybe the last time, so will have to make the most of it.

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

7 minutes ago, deescreet36 said:

I'm there there at the start of next month for two weeks, hopefully the construction hasn't started by then.

That's handy

Can you keep this thread updated please.

I'm there for 1 month in December so i will update too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Apart from the staff, who travels to a nice hotel on a motorbike?

And you think that less than 37 staff at a 408 room hotel will ride motorbikes to work?

Want to guess at how many staff a hotel like this will employ?

Lol

17 minutes ago, travelling_man said:

And you think that less than 37 staff at a 408 room hotel will ride motorbikes to work?

Want to guess at how many staff a hotel like this will employ?

Lol

You've outsmarted the massive team of architects already. Or probably not 🙄

9 hours ago, deescreet36 said:

That's been coming for so long I wouldn't be surprised if it's another year before you see any work.

3 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

You've outsmarted the massive team of architects already. Or probably not 🙄

So it is your position that an architect "evaluated" the need for parking and that is how the amount of parking spaces were determined?  

I guess that was right after they did a traffic impact study. In Pattaya.   🙄

lol

I've always accepted that the piece of empty land next to VT6 would not stay empty for ever.........but this is still sad news.  I always stay there on the W/S side, as once I stayed on the Hilton side and found the wall of the car park not the best view in the world......

I'm at that age now when I dont like change though - I dont even like to change the brand of my socks.......

I feel most sorry for the VT6 condo owners, it will be a bummer to suddenly lose the view.

I've always had a little plan in my mind to buy the Condo I stay in at VT6 in about 5 years time, but not now.  Anyway, TiT, so perhaps this is still a long way off.

I would not get too hung up about the motorcycle parking, as they say they have 250 car park spaces also.  I think if you look at the smallish area allocated to bikes in most places, its about the same.  but it can always spill over into the car spaces?  I could be talking out of my ass about that though.

Is there not enough money collectivly on this board for us to club together and buy the land?  We could just turn it into a mongering PA 'Glamping' site at one end, have a small sports bar in the middle, and a freelancers area at the other end?  We could even bulid a wooden small hut where the MODS send BM's who talk crap like I do.

41 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Is there not enough money collectivly on this board for us to club together and buy the land?

Judging from recent discussions. Absolutely not. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 22/08/2023 at 12:29, davidge said:

Found these on my phone dated October 2014:

crazy, 9 years for zero (or not much) progress...

i'm actually a fan of the potential project. can only be good for short time visitors like me to have a new nice hotel in great central location. more competition in the high end space was certainly lacking in pattaya. 
but i understand of course that it sucks if you have a VT6 south-facing unit. 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, mattmoore1965x said:

've always had a little plan in my mind to buy the Condo I stay in at VT6 in about 5 years time, but not now.  Anyway, TiT, so perhaps this is still a long way off.

I was looking at buying a Vt6 condo and one of the big concern was the build next door as I would be buying for the view.

I was trying to find high floor condo south side near beach Rd.

The one I lived in for a year was on 26th floor, double unit and stellar views at the end of the building Beach Rd side. The owner wouldn't sell.

I was told that with the building regulations that anything within specific distance from Beach road could only be 10 floors but now I see 16 floors on the plan! I'm glad I didn't buy there. I did always have doubts as to accuracy of information, TIT.

Now we know why the dogs were evicted... Not for the comfort of neighbours I suspect.

• Like 3