Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Overstayed 1 day

herim22

In 2014 I stayed for a month and accidentally overstayed by a day because they invlude the final day and I didnt think about it. I did 30-30th and they wrote something at their airport and fined me. Didnt have issues coming back.

Countdown Clocks

1 hour ago, PICCOLABESTIA said:

I have had two 1 day overstays in 8 years.
No problem

I have passports full of overstays, as my trips go back to when the Cambodian Border had yet to open.

The choice back then was fly to Singapore or train to Butterworth.

Or a 100 baht a day overstay which always worked out cheaper.

I almost came a cropper in a Bangkok hotel, but apart from that, never had a problem.

16 hours ago, sulu said:

"To change my date with the airline for one day cost me $660 AUD (it was Biz class) i am now arriving on the 26th this month with a tourist visa (what a hassle to get) for the first time in over 30yrs of travelling there."

Guess I misread your post. Sounded to me like you were annoyed about it.

Wish I had that kind of ca$h to not be bothered by.

Good on ya mate !!! 👍

BTW, don't most airlines have significantly more lenient change policies on Business Class ? I mean paying triple the economy rate should allow for something other than a larger seat. :wacko:

I went through a third party,not the Airline itself,there is no flexibilty there,,i did not expect the troubles that i had at immigration ,so lesson learnt,i am booked for my next trip with Thai Airways direct

6 hours ago, CamelToe said:

I went through a third party,not the Airline itself,there is no flexibilty there,,i did not expect the troubles that i had at immigration ,so lesson learnt,i am booked for my next trip with Thai Airways direct

Ahhh, guess that's different, but still, with the prices of business class, seems the least they could do would be to allow a change. :Dunno:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

1 hour ago, sulu said:

Ahhh, guess that's different, but still, with the prices of business class, seems the least they could do would be to allow a change. :Dunno:

Yeah but - nope.  You save a few bucks using those third parties but the airline has no interest in extending any courtesies.  My next flight is Cathay.  I could have bought the same biz class ticket for about $150 cheaper but chose not to. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm what other BM's have said with a one day overstay. The initial IO sent me to another desk where another IO wrote something in my passport and told me no charge.

Returning to Thailand this time a few days ago with my passport flagged for too many visa exempt arrivals in one year,the IO took a long hard look at my passport flipping through every page,he then said to me "You need Retirement Visa?" i gave him a knowing look and said,you can do? Can do he said, and wrote down a ph number on my boarding pass

I might give them a call and see what the score is,i was going to use one of the well known Pattaya Visa companies for my retirement visa

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2023 at 23:53, CamelToe said:

Returning to Thailand this time a few days ago with my passport flagged for too many visa exempt arrivals in one year,the IO took a long hard look at my passport flipping through every page,he then said to me "You need Retirement Visa?" i gave him a knowing look and said,you can do? Can do he said, and wrote down a ph number on my boarding pass

I might give them a call and see what the score is,i was going to use one of the well known Pattaya Visa companies for my retirement visa

And did you ? :)

13 hours ago, sulu said:

And did you ? :)

No ,i first went to a Farang visa company and for an initial Retirement Visa he needs my passport for over 4 weeks,since thats how long i am here for,it would not work out.

Ive decided to go the proper way and do a retirement Visa back in Sydney,the funds are already in the bank,and use an agent for the Visa extensions while in Thailand

9 hours ago, CamelToe said:

No ,i first went to a Farang visa company and for an initial Retirement Visa he needs my passport for over 4 weeks,since thats how long i am here for,it would not work out.

Ive decided to go the proper way and do a retirement Visa back in Sydney,the funds are already in the bank,and use an agent for the Visa extensions while in Thailand

At least consider doing it yourself.

The agents charge about $700 USD, almost $900 AUD. Now I can actually afford that but I hate wasting a significant amount of $$$ for no good reason.

Back in 2016, I went through the process while there. The way I look at it is, is the cost "worth it", or can I do it myself for a LOT less ? After all, I was there for 6 months.

And back then, all it took was an overnight trip to Bangkok. Went to the US Embassy for the "funds" letter and then the stops at Thailand Immigration.

So, (especially) if you don't mind a short vacation from your vacation :D, and a side trip to Bangkok, it's actually pretty easy to do.

I would recommend going through the site and reading the more recent occasions of guys going through the process and check the Thai gubmint's site(s).

I would think, but am not sure, the process is simpler than before, given that visas themselves are a lot simpler now, if for no other reason than I believe the Embassy letter is no longer required.

You may even be able to do it all yourself in Pattaya/Jomtien Immigration.

Good luck. 👍

Edited by sulu