IGNORED

Food place you recommend everyone MUST try on their Patts trip

Can be a restaurant, street vendor or bar etc. 

Go.

image.png.51b7ccac4eaef68637d8fe8f18145d8d.png

Don't have a "must go to place".

I have read the the restaurant section to get a idea of good place and have tried a few.  

That my suggestion. 

• Like 3

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Can mod please move to restaurant section.

image.png.51b7ccac4eaef68637d8fe8f18145d8d.png

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

Don't have a "must go to place".

I have read the the restaurant section to get a idea of good place and have tried a few.  

That my suggestion. 

Agreed. It is impossible for me to answer that question just due to the number of differing venues that are available.

Although not so much lately, I have been a frequent contributor the restaurant section. There is a wealth of great info there. Some of said info has become dated, so I would call ahead to any location that catches one's eye, just to make sure that Covid did not put them out of business.

I would start with Evil Penevi's threads in the restaurant section. They are well researched and also well written. 

• Like 2

Agree with that - Horse Shoe tavern for anyone who lovesl plov

Also Suggestions on the dark side - lovely place for a meal. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

That Georgian restaurant in Pratumnak 

Interesting. I was not aware that there was a Georgian restaurant in the general Pattaya area. I went to one once in Paris and I was wow'd by the food. As I recall (10 years ago) there were a lot of kabob type choices and also a very filling bread that tasted too good. I ate too much of both and had to go back to the hotel for a nap. 

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

That Georgian restaurant in Pratumnak 

Wow - I'm shocked that I am not the only BM who has been there.......if you are on about Nana Georgian Kitchen?

I'd passed it a few times going to the Sky Gallery, and had zero idea what it was, so decided to go one night when I met up with someone who lives in the condo above it.

Brilliant place with REALLY good food - well my Schnitzel made me want to go skiing again.......

Not a good place to take a Thai Girl though - she fucking hated it

I did swing by Nana place once but they dont have menu displayed outside, so never went in.

Soi 13 Pattaya Tai near Tuk Com. Small cafe, mums cooking. Best duck noodle soup in the world.

• Like 3

After trying quite a few different things on the first few trips I seem to fall back on fewer simple things when I get to Thailand now.

I could eat pork noodle soup pretty much every aftnn.  There seems to be a different cart each trip that seems to be the favorite, but last trip the one on Soi 15 right beside the 7-11 behind grande ave mall was the best.  It really is all what you put in it - I do not like the blood choice, but like lots of Mint, a spoon of sugar, a spoon of hot chillis, and plenty of the thick soya sauce for mine.  actually the old tin cup on bhukow has a pretty good version of this as well.

Also love the spit port on bbq - these seem to come out every night a a different bar so good chance to have a drink or 2 at a new place, eat pork and have a few drinks.

ANother favorite is Pad krapow moo. Can eat that for breakfast about 3 times/wk.

An english breakfast is a bit of a novelty for me and do not mind one of these about 3 times/wk as well.  there all kinds of places.  The food in Thailand is one of the big reasons that I love the place as there is so much variety.  If you head over to Jomtien night market you will get an idea of all the stuff that is available.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Memurtle said:

Maybe not everyone else’s must go to’s but these are mine I must do on every trip!!

Zaika Indian: (amazing chicken jalfrezi)

Hideaway: Panang curry (not a big fan of the ribs but found the panang curry by accident!)

Sportsman: All you can eat Sunday roast

Hilton: (7 day themed special) all you can eat Friday seafood 

Kamikaze steak and cafe: Pla rad prik (whole sea bass with homemade thick sweet chilli sauce)

Smokin joes: Ribs

New York pizza: pizza!

Nara Thai at terminal 21: pad prik king (stir fried crispy pork with green beans cooked in dry red curry paste) 🤤 

Nickys: English breakfast 

Termial 21: delicious cheap food court

Damn!  You listed some of my favorite spots!

Smokin Joes has fallen a bit on my "go to" list after an ownership change a while back.  How is the quality post-COVID?

I read the "Sunday Roast" threads, but keep going back to Sportsman every trip.  Literally, EVERY trip.

Nara Thai is my "go to" spot in Bangkok (Central World), and I had NO idea they had a Pattaya location.  Their massaman beef has been a staple of mine on every Bangkok trip, so I am planning to check it out at Terminal 21 in Pattaya on my trip.  Thanks!

I will also admit, they are "pricey" for Thai food, given how cheaply you can find it around/on every corner, but their quality has never let me down.  Guessing my little Thai companion will yak yak me about the cost!  5555

1 hour ago, Monger D. Luffy said:

Leng kee restaurant

I specially go for the duck. 🦆 

————————

- Prime Burger

My go to place when i need a Burger fix. Always with Chili cheese poppers as side order 😂

————————

- 7/11 Sandwiches and burgers

These are no joke 😂😂😂😂 I needed 8 trips to Thailand to try them for first time. Not a must try of course but just remember them as a lifesaver in some situations.

So many of my "go to" joints on your list, but I wanted to agree on 7-11!  I must get those ham and cheese toasties about 3 or 4 days per trip!  555

Always enjoy Prime Burger, but I haven't been to Leng Kee in years.  Is the duck still top notch there?

Apart from those, a personal favorite of mine is the hamburger curry gratin at On the Table in Central Festival.  I freakin' LOVE Japanese curry, and the first time I had it was a variation on this dish in Tokyo -- Japanese curry rice topped with hamburger and melted cheese. 

Hits the spot every time!

Damn....now I'm hungry!

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Damn!  You listed some of my favorite spots!

Smokin Joes has fallen a bit on my "go to" list after an ownership change a while back.  How is the quality post-COVID?

I read the "Sunday Roast" threads, but keep going back to Sportsman every trip.  Literally, EVERY trip.

Nara Thai is my "go to" spot in Bangkok (Central World), and I had NO idea they had a Pattaya location.  Their massaman beef has been a staple of mine on every Bangkok trip, so I am planning to check it out at Terminal 21 in Pattaya on my trip.  Thanks!

I will also admit, they are "pricey" for Thai food, given how cheaply you can find it around/on every corner, but their quality has never let me down.  Guessing my little Thai companion will yak yak me about the cost!  5555

So many of my "go to" joints on your list, but I wanted to agree on 7-11!  I must get those ham and cheese toasties about 3 or 4 days per trip!  555

Always enjoy Prime Burger, but I haven't been to Leng Kee in years.  Is the duck still top notch there?

Apart from those, a personal favorite of mine is the hamburger curry gratin at On the Table in Central Festival.  I freakin' LOVE Japanese curry, and the first time I had it was a variation on this dish in Tokyo -- Japanese curry rice topped with hamburger and melted cheese. 

Hits the spot every time!

Damn....now I'm hungry!

Yeah I forgot about On the table such a good little restaurant! 

I last had smokin joes in April your right it has slipped but still good for ribs imho

I’m pretty sure lengkee restaurant has now changed name since Covid but like you I haven’t been there in years.

I use to love Fuji restaurant, but post Covid they have removed a lot of my favorite items.

Edited by Memurtle

3 hours ago, rioman said:

The food in Thailand is one of the big reasons that I love the place as there is so much variety.

Couldn’t agree more on this, so much food and different cuisines that I crave when I’m back home.

Still can’t believe the thread a while back saying how shit the food in Pattaya is… some serious snobbery imho 🫣🫢🤔🤭

I went to hops brewhouse at the weekend. Its on beach road. Very nice. German sausages, sauerkraut and potatoes. About 360 baht? ...but they add 17% on top

IMG_20230715_150949.jpg

Eat alone …. Patrick’s ( soi Diana ) Beefeaters , Prime Burgers , Bake n Brew ( for breakfast )  . 

With TG , …. MK , AKA , ( Central Festival) . 

On 18/07/2023 at 03:13, rioman said:

ANother favorite is Pad krapow moo. Can eat that for breakfast about 3 times/wk.

One of my favorites too. Can you recommend any specific places in Pattaya that dish?

Another recommendation for Bake N Brew - my go to for breakfast.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter_Cph said:

One of my favorites too. Can you recommend any specific places in Pattaya that dish?

The hole in the wall Tin cup on Bhukau used to be go to spot for me, but place that is there now no longer offers it.  I think you can find this pretty much anywhere, but last trip I seemed to settle on a place further south on Bhukau, close to market on the lhs.  Is just an open air place run by woman and her kids(I think).  I do not even remember the name of it.  

hi everyone , 

is steak & co still operating , and if so whats it like ??

14 hours ago, cashpoint said:

Another recommendation for Bake N Brew - my go to for breakfast.

+1 This place is my favorite one with the Jasmine. The pastry are really awesome

IMG_20221005_123237.jpg

IMG_20221005_123313.jpg

IMG_20221009_134703.jpg

IMG_20221009_134716.jpg

I'm sure a lot of you enjoy a good pad kra pao. A friend of mine give me this address last year. Indeed it was the best I have ever eat, even my Isan GF was speechless. We tried a lot and everything was really good. Hope you will like it too. 

google maps 

IMG_20221009_183742.thumb.jpg.068591667799c20a5a596e3e93a982a9.jpgIMG_20221009_182058.thumb.jpg.e136790e08446118af5232535688182a.jpgIMG_20221009_182339.thumb.jpg.2f3afa88b01b264b819e48540b451b3e.jpg