IGNORED

The Amber - an (Updated) Lottellee Winna Review - April 2023

LOTTELLEE WINNA

1 hour ago, SlowlyMan said:

I'll just jump on with BG experience. I was freelancing In January. The doormen were very good at catching the girls on the way in. even the TF girls. I suppose you get an eye for it after a while. When I brought in a girl, they were always respectful. No visible judgment toward the girls. 

In March I had a regular, so I checked her in with me. The staff was great toward her. gave her all the respect of a paying guest. Greeted her with a Wai, held the door. She noticed it, and I appreciated it. That's not the case at all hotelsWe moved out of Nalanta, because they were treating her so poorly.

I'm considering booking a room at Nalanta. Can you explain what happened ? ( or would that be thread fucking?)

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

In March I had a regular, so I checked her in with me. The staff was great toward her. gave her all the respect of a paying guest. Greeted her with a Wai, held the door. She noticed it, and I appreciated it. That's not the case at all hotelsWe moved out of Nalanta, because they were treating her so poorly.

I'm considering booking a room at Nalanta. Can you explain what happened ?

Edited by Macawber
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macawber said:

I'm considering booking a room at Nalanta. Can you explain what happened ?

They just treated her like crap. We checked in together, but the desk girl wouldn't give her an elevator key. I wanted her to be able to come and go without me. The night watchman always wanted her ID. even though we were checked in together. The day staff would never acknowledge her. They never said hello, goodbye, It was like she didn't exist.  When we came out of the room in the morning the cleaners would stop and look at her.  It was all just off putting.

I know she is a bar girl, they know she is a bar girl. But still, when it's a full time live in situation I expect her to be treated better. I'm sure I'm overacting, but she noticed it and I noticed it. So, we voted with our feet. The reception at Amber was the complete opposite.

And, Yeah. We should probably get back on topic. 555

Edited by SlowlyMan

I'm sure I'm overacting

Most certainly not. Basic fucking decency is a fair thing to expect. Sorry to keep the off topic thing going. But that kind of nonsense just boils my blood. 

• Like 8

On 03/05/2023 at 06:40, Macawber said:

I'm considering booking a room at Nalanta. Can you explain what happened ? ( or would that be thread fucking?)

Not thread-fucking at all mate…pretty shocking that treatment of a gal who is your guest…WTF, she is a human being, even if she ‘only’ works in a bar. Makes my blood boil this sort of shit.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice if the hdmi port on the tv is accessible to plug a laptop in?  Tv looks sunk in the wall by the photos

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

44 minutes ago, neo1011 said:

Anyone notice if the hdmi port on the tv is accessible to plug a laptop in?  Tv looks sunk in the wall by the photos

There is a free hdmi port on the half way up left side, but you need small thai girl hands to reach it. Had to take a pic with my cell phone to see shit.

Email them and see if they can help guests out?

1 hour ago, swedish_bob said:

There is a free hdmi port on the half way up left side, but you need small thai girl hands to reach it. Had to take a pic with my cell phone to see shit.

Email them and see if they can help guests out?

Great thanks

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I've just spent a few nights at the Amber hotel, Buakhao soi 21. It's the first time I've used this hotel and it's pretty good. The rooms are nice, everything feels quite new, comfy bed, decent balcony, big tv and quite cheap through Agoda. The shower is excellent although the split bathroom idea is a bit odd. Also, the safe is virtually at floor level making it an unnecessary pain to use and and a shin-bashing hazard if you leave the safe door open.
There's a gym but it's very small and a ground floor pool. Not sure what to make of the pool. It's an odd design and not ideal if you want to do lengths for exercise if there's other people just splashing around. But the good news is that the pool is open until 9pm by which time the people farting about have gone elsewhere and there's space to have a decent swim. It gets the sun during the day so the water is quite warm.
The Internet can be a bit slow late afternoon and the room cleaning was always a bit late for my liking, usually about 4.30pm, despite a few requests for it to be done earlier.  

Would I stay here again?.... yes its nice, not too expensive and the location is good. Its quiet with not much bar or road noise despite being very close to the Tree Town end of the nightlife. Friendly staff. 

2 hours ago, delray said:

I've just spent a few nights at the Amber hotel, Buakhao soi 21. It's the first time I've used this hotel and it's pretty good. The rooms are nice, everything feels quite new, comfy bed, decent balcony, big tv and quite cheap through Agoda. The shower is excellent although the split bathroom idea is a bit odd. Also, the safe is virtually at floor level making it an unnecessary pain to use and and a shin-bashing hazard if you leave the safe door open.
There's a gym but it's very small and a ground floor pool. Not sure what to make of the pool. It's an odd design and not ideal if you want to do lengths for exercise if there's other people just splashing around. But the good news is that the pool is open until 9pm by which time the people farting about have gone elsewhere and there's space to have a decent swim. It gets the sun during the day so the water is quite warm.
The Internet can be a bit slow late afternoon and the room cleaning was always a bit late for my liking, usually about 4.30pm, despite a few requests for it to be done earlier.  

Would I stay here again?.... yes its nice, not too expensive and the location is good. Its quiet with not much bar or road noise despite being very close to the Tree Town end of the nightlife. Friendly staff. 

A very accurate summary - thank you 👍

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

@LOTTELLEE WINNA… sir you have stayed at the amethyst too … from what I have seen in pics and videos .. even they don’t have a wardrobe/ closet and just a hanging rail as mentioned by you here … is that the case or do they have a proper closet …

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 13:41, aa17981 said:

@LOTTELLEE WINNA… sir you have stayed at the amethyst too … from what I have seen in pics and videos .. even they don’t have a wardrobe/ closet and just a hanging rail as mentioned by you here … is that the case or do they have a proper closet …

Yes mate it’s just a hanging rail plus a couple of drawers at the Amethyst.

This doorless wardrobe thing seems to be a growing trend with new hotels these days. I guess they are cheaper to build, there's no hinges to break and guests are less likely to leave their stuff behind. For me, I prefer doors as it means all my stuff isn't on display and it doesnt matter if it's all piled up in a mess.

Having doors also gives me somewhere to tuck my bags away out of view.  It's probably just in my head but if my bags and clothes are in a proper wardrobe I feel that any visitors to my room are less likely to go rummaging through my bags or pockets while I'm in the shower or sleeping. I always put my clothes in the wardrobe while taking that pre-action shower and sometimes there's money in the pockets. Doors are just better.

I also like it when the room safe is located inside the wardrobe as it means it's a bit harder for prying eyes to see what code you enter.

I suppose if an open-fronted wardrobe is tucked in the corner behind the room door is not so bad but some of them are halfway into the room.  I wouldn't have a doorless wardrobe at home so why would I want one on holiday?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a stay at Amber and overall it's an excellent hotel. As others have mentioned, the biggest drawback is the lack of wardrobe storage/drawers. This is a real pain in the ass. The hotel does get all types of guests. During my stay it was a mixture of farang and asian mongers, Indian families and Chinese couples. The hotel does get lots of tour bus groups but I would never have known if I didn't see the buses staged out front. The hotel is quiet with very comfortable beds and it has nice mood lighting setup for sexy time. Also, most of the girls I had from TF were familiar with the hotel and just avoided the front desk. They would drive their moto into the basement parking area and then take the lift directly up to your room. No calls from the desk upon arrival and departure. 

IMG-0399.jpg

IMG-0401.jpg

IMG-0409.jpg

IMG-0416.jpg

IMG-0417.jpg

2 hours ago, allwet said:

I just had a stay at Amber and overall it's an excellent hotel. As others have mentioned, the biggest drawback is the lack of wardrobe storage/drawers. This is a real pain in the ass. The hotel does get all types of guests. During my stay it was a mixture of farang and asian mongers, Indian families and Chinese couples. The hotel does get lots of tour bus groups but I would never have known if I didn't see the buses staged out front. The hotel is quiet with very comfortable beds and it has nice mood lighting setup for sexy time. Also, most of the girls I had from TF were familiar with the hotel and just avoided the front desk. They would drive their moto into the basement parking area and then take the lift directly up to your room. No calls from the desk upon arrival and departure. 

Nice review! Considering to book it for a month. 
The safe seems to be in a bad location, I might not get up again if I try to use it 😂

Did you get good internet speed in the room? Like decent enough to have netflix streaming?
And what time did housekeeping show up?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, komplot said:

Nice review! Considering to book it for a month. 
The safe seems to be in a bad location, I might not get up again if I try to use it 😂

Did you get good internet speed in the room? Like decent enough to have netflix streaming?

The safe is not in a great location. You will need to squat to access it. It wasn't a problem for me but I can see it being an issue. The wifi in my room was excellent. I watched Youtube and streamed podcasts easily. 

Housekeeping service can be an issue. Some days they didn't makeup the room until 5pm. By day 3 of my stay I made friends with the maid and she took care of me. The room would be made up by 1pm at the latest. By making friends I mean leaving her nice tips and she would rush to greet me in the hallway and give me extra towels and water and see if I needed anything. The only time I saw her frown was when I told her I'd be checking out the next day. 

42 minutes ago, komplot said:

When I stayed there in May I had ok interenet speeds most of the day but it was noticeably slower late afternoon, I guess this is the time everyone has returned from the pool or beach and wants to spend an hour or so in the room catching up on stuff. Most of the time it was fine though and I watched a few you tube videos without issue, just avoided trying to do that at certain times.

The maid thing was frustrating. Not getting the room cleaned until 4.30pm can be a real pain. I always leave a daily tip for the maids but in this case it didnt seem to help much. Perhaps if I'd stayed longer than a couple of days I could have got this sorted.

The room safe at floor level is just plain stupid. It wouldn't stop me using the hotel again but I just can't imagine why anyone thought that was a good idea.

On a side note, I thought the shower was excellent, which is handy because it makes it easy to clean up all the blood streaming down your shins from leaving the safe door open. :Hit_Self:

Nice hotel though, very smart and good location.

Edited by delray
  • Like 2

In the pictures I was looking at on Agoda, it looks like the bathroom/toilet area is completely open with no main door separating it from the actual  room itself. Looks like there’s a door for the toilet (sort of like a public toilet booth) …It could just be the way it looks in the pics, hard to tell…can anyone that’s stayed there please confirm or deny this?

Edited by wallywest

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

30 minutes ago, wallywest said:

In the pictures I was looking at on Agoda, it looks like the bathroom/toilet area is completely open with no main door separating it from the actual  room itself. Looks like there’s a door for the toilet (sort of like a public toilet booth) …It could just be the way it looks in the pics, hard to tell…can anyone that’s stayed there please confirm or deny this?

From all the videos I’ve seen from the hotel

There is frosted glass doors in shower and toilet
But the sink is actually in the hotel room itself, there is no separate room, and nothing separating it than the sink mirror 

Does seem a bit weird, but you can wash your hands immediately after entering the room. And you can take a shit while your girl is taking a shower.

IMG_5735.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wallywest said:

It is how it looks.

@Gone-east @komplot

ok cheers for the input…hmmm gonna have to think about this one. I know it’s a minor thing but for some reason I find it off putting, but Amber also looks like a decent place so I’m conflicted.

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

Stayed here for a couple of short stays last year. Found it a really great place. Nice reception, fairly new and fresh. Room is large enough and decently decked out. There is no seperate bathroom, but a sink in the room itself and then separate shower and toilet. I can imagine not everyone likes that.

Location is decent, but not the best of you like to get to malls, Soi 6 or Walking Street. I was surprised how much I prefered it to the location one soi over to the north, since they seem to be almost identically placed.

One surprising thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be fewer single men staying here. More groups of guys that go on the town together (farangs presumably in seperate rooms)...also bumped into a few groups of Indians that seemed to share a room. In the other places I stayed at, I saw almost exclusively single guys doing their own thing.

One thing I disliked, was the location of the stairs. They are at the end of the building, so you are pretty much taking the elevator every time (and I was staying on second and third floor). I would have preferred to be able to take the stairs easily.

Anyway, would stay again!

• Like 1

Amber thicks of all the important boxes for me: 

not dated, nice pool, no joiner fee, car parking, shower no bathtub, great location. SO late september will check it out!

Thanks for the review.

• Thanks 1

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Here are some pics of Grand Deluxe room

IMG_20230702_173540.jpg

IMG_20230702_173712.jpg

IMG_20230702_173730.jpg

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap