Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Amber - an (Updated) Lottellee Winna Review - April 2023

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks for review. Without intending to enquire about your personal circumstance when you say " The bed was large and comfy enough to sleep on (including the pillows", would you say in your judgement its large and comfy enough for two persons?

Do they have a swim-in bar at the pool?

• Like 1

While not that important for your use, how is vehicle parking there? 

• Like 1

I agree on everything except what you said about group tours. When I was there in March. A new busload of Chinese or Indian tour busses pulled in every couple of nights.  Plenty of idiots singing off the balcony or yelling in the hall.  At times they would swarm the pool area acting like spring breakers. Timing if everything. But they certainly DO have tours groups on occasion.

@laidbacklarry. The bed is King size and amazing. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept on anywhere.

Edited by SlowlyMan

I've stayed at the Amber many times over the past couple of years and agree with most of what the OP has said, a good hotel and facilities.

Re question about a swim up bar...none, but there is a bar open to an outdoor seating area next to the dining room overlooking the pool.

Re parking there is an underground carpark, I have used in the past with elevator access to all floors.

This hotel is now used by Chinese tour groups, spotted the busses parked outside every night.

Only negative experience for me related to groups of very noisy Indian males in the pool shouting and screaming that did not stop until 04.30 in the morning.

This year I am using The Adelphi next door. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, RomaBob said:

I've stayed at the Amber many times over the past couple of years and agree with most of what the OP has said, a good hotel and facilities.

Re question about a swim up bar...none, but there is a bar open to an outdoor seating area next to the dining room overlooking the pool.

Re parking there is an underground carpark, I have used in the past with elevator access to all floors.

This hotel is now used by Chinese tour groups, spotted the busses parked outside every night.

Only negative experience for me related to groups of very noisy Indian males in the pool shouting and screaming that did not stop until 04.30 in the morning.

This year I am using The Adelphi next door. 

Thanks for answering the questions raised mate 👍

On both occasions I’ve stayed I’ve never seen Chinese guests (which of course is not to deny your point). The @Mind group is popular with Korean guests, though these appear to be mostly middle class independent travellers (including a lot of golfers).

I haven’t encountered organised tour groups of Indian travellers, but as I checked in there was a bit of a ‘Mexican Stand-off’ between a group of youngish Indian males and reception over the need to leave a 1000 THB deposit.

Regarding the Adelphi, I stayed there a few months ago…excellent 3 star hotel.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

While not that important for your use, how is vehicle parking there? 

Yes mate underground carpark with plenty of spaces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Thanks for review. Without intending to enquire about your personal circumstance when you say " The bed was large and comfy enough to sleep on (including the pillows", would you say in your judgement its large and comfy enough for two persons?

Do they have a swim-in bar at the pool?

Yes mate - the bed was top notch…I can say with some authority that it’s big enough for two :Clap8:

Spent the final 4 days of my April trip here in the pool view room, top corner, which coincidently was the exact same room as my May trip.

The hotel does feel a bit busy at times, always loads of people milling around, and I still can't fathom why they never created a storage area for clothing, when I asked any of the girls what was wrong with the room it was the first thing they said.

The 2 bedside tables also have no storage, and the only drawer is above the small fridge.

Maid service is also pretty late, between 4/5 which might suit some I suppose.

The beds and pillows though are so comfortable, with one girl quoting that she didn't want to leave but had to go back to her girlfriend (Tom) 😁

Aircon is completely silent, shower is pretty good.

I do like the place, but couldn't imagine staying a full trip of around 17/18 days.

I did read till "no closet". That will be a no for me. Like many similiar places with the "you must love to watch your clothes all the time" policy. I will not book them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ZRHuser said:

I did read till "no closet". That will be a no for me. Like many similiar places with the "you must love to watch your clothes all the time" policy. I will not book them. 

First time I stayed it didn’t seem to bother me…but this time it bugged me. As I posted above, I’m a ‘neat freak’…a place for everything…etc. I can’t figure out the rationale behind this policy of no wardrobe - maybe it’s to make the room feel bigger. Without a wardrobe and drawers you either have to live surrounded by piles of clothes, or just like the dude in the famous UK 1960s spy series, you are living out your suitcase.

9D1B1BE4-BEE2-457B-A17B-E355FA156C0C.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

Just like with girls everybody has their own important qualities.  I guess the no closet or drawer style must be the trend with newer hotels as note the Debua only has a hanging contraption that you look at as well(at least in the junior suite) so if this is important you will not want to look there either.  For me it is not really a deal breaker and it does actually make the room look bigger with no closet/shelf space along full wall.  iI admit it is peculiar, but compared to some of the dark closet space that can attract mosquitoes and not attract maids' attn I think it is fine for any length of stay I would have at a hotel -  usually a wk or less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

First time I stayed it didn’t seem to bother me…but this time it bugged me. As I posted above, I’m a ‘neat freak’…a place for everything…etc. I can’t figure out the rationale behind this policy of no wardrobe - maybe it’s to make the room feel bigger. Without a wardrobe and drawers you either have to live surrounded by piles of clothes, or just like the dude in the famous UK 1960s spy series, you are living out your suitcase.

9D1B1BE4-BEE2-457B-A17B-E355FA156C0C.jpeg

"or just like the dude in the famous UK 1960s spy series, you are living out your suitcase."

Well, judging from the girls above, living out of the suitcase seems to have its perks. though😉

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, CaribbeanDelight said:

How big is the safe? I think I remember seeing a video which showed a safe that would not fit a 15 inch laptop.

Sorry I can’t say definitely if a laptop would fit. All I can say is that I put my passport and cash in the safe, but I left my iPad and iPhone charging on the shelf all week…no issues. 

• Like 2

@LOTTELLEE WINNA Thank you for another informative review mate. Much appreciated. I'm another one who found that the open hanging/storage space for clothes was annoying. I like to keep my personal items out of sight and keep the room neat and tidy. 

One thing I will add about the safe is that the one in the room that I stayed in was located at floor level. I had to get down on all fours every time I wanted to access the safe. Most of the time I found it difficult to actually see what I was doing when keying in the code. I was in a rush to leave the room one day and I accidently keyed in the wrong safe code. I had to wait around for an hour for the maintenance guy to come and open the safe for me. A minor annoyance for some but an annoyance none the less.

Also, a quick question for you. Was your room ever cleaned before 4pm ?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

When I stayed, cleaning at 6 or 7pm was the norm. And some days not at all. they just left towels. Clearly a staffing problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macawber said:

One thing I will add about the safe is that the one in the room that I stayed in was located at floor level. I had to get down on all fours every time I wanted to access the safe.

This would be an issue for me too.  With lower back problems it is not easy to get up and down from the floor any more.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

As someone who lives here I find the Amber to be an excellent LOCATION. IMO soi 21 is a really eclectic gem with a ton of little quirky food places and massage shops and easy access on both ends to Buakow and 3rd Road. It is closer to 'real' than many hotel locations in the area imo.

I know at least 6 very nice 30s yo TGs who work on Buakow or Treetown, and live in various buildings on this Soi. 

The Amber may be 4star but the Soi itself is very much 3star. Although the new pavement and lack of speed bumps makes it very popular for motorbike travel/taxis.

If I was visiting I would consider The Amber an excellent choice if the amenities were on line with my needs.

Edited by AngelCty2Nit

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

17 hours ago, Garzan said:

how is vehicle parking there? 

Yes there is on-site basement parking 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SlowlyMan said:

When I stayed, cleaning at 6 or 7pm was the norm. And some days not at all. they just left towels. Clearly a staffing problem.

Never heard it to be quite that late…though another guest told me he had to wait till 3.30pm one day. 

On my first day in the hotel I had a chat with the two maids on my floor. I discussed with them how I appreciated how challenging their jobs must be and told them my wife did the same job when we were living in NZ (she was actually trainee hotel manager, but did a fair bit of chamber-maiding). Told them that I would be out golfing or walking 9am till 12 noon and would appreciate where possible getting my room done then…slipped them 50 THB each (and left 2 x 20 on the bed daily). Got my room cleaned 5 times out of 6 pre noon.

Will be staying here next month. 

Lack of wardrobe is a downer but the fact there is a sauna and a nice pool to get into are good amenities. 

Have been to Pattaya twice and never really explored the Buakhaow area so that was a major reason I chose this hotel

Just spent a month in the Amber in April and can highly recommend it.

Perfect central location situated 2 mins walk between Tree Town and 3rd Road in either direction.

Room I stayed in on the top floor (Pool facing) was immaculate. Possibly one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in. The rooms aren't huge, but they are nice... with new modern aircon units and were quiet despite the hotel being located in a central area.

Maid service everyday (usually around 5pm) to make up the room and deliver fresh towels, bottles of water and regular changes to the bedding.

Restaurant downstairs was pretty good... I never made it to try the breakfast but did have a few evening meals which were all pretty good.

Pool whilst not huge was ok with nice areas to sit around through the day (and get savaged by the mosquitoes) at night.

Staff were all really friendly and helpful.

Guest friendly. Never had any issues bringing back a different lady every night.

I probably will book again on my next trip.

• Like 1

I'll just jump on with BG experience. I was freelancing In January. The doormen were very good at catching the girls on the way in. even the TF girls. I suppose you get an eye for it after a while. When I brought in a girl, they were always respectful. No visible judgment toward the girls. 

In March I had a regular, so I checked her in with me. The staff was great toward her. gave her all the respect of a paying guest. Greeted her with a Wai, held the door. She noticed it, and I appreciated it. That's not the case at all hotels.  We moved out of Nalanta, because they were treating her so poorly.

• Like 1