Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

electricity comsumption strategy to keep the condo cool

filipef

A side benefit to the use of A/C is with the doors and windows closed and the limited air filtering of the A/C, the AQI in the room will be a lot lower than outside.

Currently the Pattaya AQI is 45 and my PM 2.5 detector is showing 11 inside my house.

I live in South Pattaya, and one of the biggest benefits to me is being able to close the doors and keep all the noise out so I don't get woken up during the night.

Be scene and not herd.

1 hour ago, Billy Baht said:

Agreed, fans are your friends.

Agree a fan helps our natural "cooling system" work same same a nice breeze.

At the Base condo didn't have space for a good fan, but here at GA condo this guy gets lots of use.

IMG_3339.thumb.jpg.027472fd76b6267c8d43a5b0b2e7b2fc.jpg

I lived in the tropics for 20 years and followed the following advice I received from a AC mechanic.

A lot of people set the AC temp too low and the fan too high when they first enter a hot room or house. Try not to set the AC lower than 10 -15 deg below the room temp. Be patient and check the room temp every 30 mins or so then adjust the AC lower as the room gradually cools.

If you're thinking of purchasing an AC unit, try to get one that has a timer that can be set to switch the AC on/off at pre-programmed intervals and temps during the day but be realistic with the temp your setting. 

As mentioned by some poster already, it's a good idea to try to adjust to the warmer climate (i.e acclimatize) rather than try to fight it. 

Of course, the above may not suit everyone... just sharing from my experiences living in the tropics.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 26/03/2024 at 14:36, jetdoc said:

Agree a fan helps our natural "cooling system" work same same a nice breeze.

When I had a four room apartment in Angeles City, I used my fans so much that once a year, I would disassemble the motor for cleaning and oil the bushings. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Billy Baht said:

When I had a four room apartment in Angeles City, I used my fans so much that once a year, I would disassemble the motor for cleaning and oil the bushings. 

Ever replace the capacitor in them?