IGNORED

Spending money

tobeornottobe

Coming to Thailand for 2 weeks in February.  The flights and hotel are paid for . Just wondering how much I'll need for spending money . I don't really eat breakfast . I eat one meal a day usually but id like that to be something nice . I like thai food but id prefer to eat in a nice sit down restaurant.  As far as alcohol is concerned I'm trying to cut down on it but either way I'm not one to be spending aimlessly on lady drinks 

40 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

Coming to Thailand for 2 weeks in February.  The flights and hotel are paid for . Just wondering how much I'll need for spending money . I don't really eat breakfast . I eat one meal a day usually but id like that to be something nice . I like thai food but id prefer to eat in a nice sit down restaurant.  As far as alcohol is concerned I'm trying to cut down on it but either way I'm not one to be spending aimlessly on lady drinks 

I didn't see where you addressed how much you want to get laid.  That will be your largest expense by far if you want P4P for 2 weeks.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

Going by what you have described as your daily activities, start with 4k baht per day, then lower and increase as the holiday progresses. 

6 minutes ago, 1tooth said:

Baby oil is about 80 baht or  even better bring your own. Tissues are free at the better hotels.

Most "better" hotels have complementary lotion.

• Haha 1

There are a few thread on how much daily budget one might need. Has some useful information.

As for your situation, you didn't mention what you want to do for female entertainment. Let's assume just FL from TF. Or Soi 6.

One meal in a decent place probably 400-1000

Groceries (drinks for the room, snack, midnight oil) 100-400

Female entertainment Soi 6 1 LD + BF upstairs + ST 1500-2000 / FL 1000-2000

Own drinks 100-300

Transport 40-100

So 3800 at the high end of things.

• Like 1

I'm not into Soi 6. I.don't have the energy to shag all day . For example in bangkok my plan is to do a few touristy things . Go to the gym.  Have a normal massage . Then get a girl over on an outcall massage for 2 or 3 hours and then have a nice meal out somewhere and a few beers.  Maybe pick up a free lancer.  I can afford 10k baht a day so I should be fine 

• Like 2

Man you all are some cheap bastadards.

I budget $400 to $500 USD and help the Thai ladies and economy. Its a vacation so relax and fuck the money.

6 minutes ago, kirali1 said:

I budget $400 to $500 USD and help the Thai ladies and economy. Its a vacation so relax and fuck the money.

Yes, I agree. 

Some of these quotes appear to be a joke.

Others are not but you are much better budgeting high and return with some money, versus running out at the end,

• Like 4

Coming for 30 days next month , will have a treasure chest  of 500,000 baht . But I won’t expect to spend all  of that . It’s nice to be in a millionaire mode for a month instead of watching your money in your pocket . 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kirali1 said:

I don't pay a lot of attention to how much I spend, would rather not know, TBH...

But am guessing I can blow 10k Baht a night, easy. Not counting breakfast, starbucks, jet skis, go carts a soapy massage and dinner, etc.

Dinner gets a bit pricier than 500 Baht if you head to malls (MK, Shabushi, etc.) and bring a friend from last night (and her friend, or friends).

On 03/01/2023 at 09:59, tobeornottobe said:

I'm not one to be spending aimlessly on lady drinks 

I do spend a considerable amount of that on lady drinks. One for a gogo dancer, one for her friend, the waitress, but not mamasan. Get a crowd of girls around me and party like I'm a rock star!!!

Barfining 2-3 at a time isn't out of character, and that's about another 10k Baht just for short time.  In years past, I'd take at least one long time every night.

12 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Some of these quotes appear to be a joke.

I'm sure I have blown $400 to $500 A DAY. Most days, far less. But I'm never taking a Soi 6 girl and trying to negotiate her down to 1k (if that's all she asks for, I tip), but a guy can.

Without knowing what another persons preferences are, kinda hard to decide a budget for him... So, sarcasm!!!

6 minutes ago, little_me said:

Without knowing what another persons preferences are, kinda hard to decide a budget for him... So, sarcasm!!!

Agreed!

The questions posed by a lot of newbies are not very detailed and leave a lot for interpretation. 

I also understand you were joking or being a little sarcastic.

1 hour ago, kirali1 said:

Not everyone is in a situation where they can just spend money without thinking. 

People always underestimate two things on these types of threads, Food & Transport (not yet mentioned).

I average like 1,200 baht per meal and anywhere from 500 - 800/day on transport.

Remember that most people forget to factor in that they will be paying for more than one BUT whilst planning they 'budget' for one.

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

Many have posted in threads specific to bars the prices of drinks, both beers for them and lady drinks. 

Barfines are also regularly reported. And the prices of massages, etc.

Expect to buy two beers and two lady drinks every hour. You can do less, but then why bother coming?

Most gogos open around 8:00 pm and close 2:00 am. Other bars open earlier but are pretty slow until later. And, you can find places still going after 2:00 but the selection of company goes downhill fast.

Everything else is up to what you want to do and how often.  Plenty of people have reported the prices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mwebster2 said:

Not everyone is in a situation where they can just spend money without thinking. 

And that's why there's not really a good way any of the rest of us can answer this question for someone else.

From USA, I'm already paying more than $1k to sit on a plane for 20 hours (each way) with 3 weeks of time off a year total (2 weeks for many). 

I'm making the most of it once I get there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, RRosenberg said:

People always underestimate two things on these types of threads, Food & Transport (not yet mentioned).

I average like 1,200 baht per meal and anywhere from 500 - 800/day on transport.

Remember that most people forget to factor in that they will be paying for more than one BUT whilst planning they 'budget' for one.

I think this is a lot more realistic.  I get free meals from my hotel but I still budgeted 1,000 baht per meal.  I know you can eat cheap but I plan on eating well for my trip.  

15 hours ago, kirali1 said:

Ignore this guy OP. Everyone is on a different budget and has different way of operating in Pattaya. Many guys, like the above guy, like to boast how much they spend, who knows if they do, but either way you do what is right for you. There's a difference between not being cheap and lashing money just 'because'.

Your question is quite vague so will get replies of high variance. You're an advanced member with 1k posts so you must have some idea of prices. My advice is write out a typical day of activity, include food, travel, massages, snacks, girls, everything, and use this thread/the forum to put a price next to each thing. That's what I do, I am on the same rough schedule/activity roster every day I'm in town so I can budget quite accurately. Of course you always want a buffer, best laid plans and all that but it gives you a very good idea of daily costs.

17 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I'm not into Soi 6. I.don't have the energy to shag all day . For example in bangkok my plan is to do a few touristy things . Go to the gym.  Have a normal massage . Then get a girl over on an outcall massage for 2 or 3 hours and then have a nice meal out somewhere and a few beers.  Maybe pick up a free lancer.  I can afford 10k baht a day so I should be fine 

The reason I mentioned Soi 6 is that is where the prices is lowest compared to WS and LK Metro.
And closest to FL rates.

As other mentioned. Give more detail of your (daily) plans if you want better advice.

There are a few threads dealing with this subject but I will give you my budget anyway.

£1000 of your finest Kings Sterling per week that will give you just under 6000bht per day and that's more than ample and I usually have unspent monies at the end of hols but better to bring too much than too little 

I'm surprised the OP hasn't come back and update is a little more on what he wants to do while there after all the good postings and a few not so good.

The only transportation I have other than the airport to Pattaya and the return to go back is a few 10 baht buss rides.

The biggest expense is going to be what every interactions you are going to have the lades, being massages or barfines or a freelancers off the street or the coconut bar at the beach.

Not always a daily things, but one short time and one longtime a day can add up unless the short time fix is in a happy ending massage shop.

A ST for me is 350 baht barfine plus 1,500 to the TG.  A LT is again a 350 barfine plus 2, 000 for the TG, so there 4,200 baht per each day this happens. Subtract to add to this to help figure your daily out lay.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

If you can afford 10k a day you will be fine. I don't see you spending that though a it doesn't seem like you will be moving at fast pace. Id say maybe 5k as a nice meal could run you 800 to 2k baht a freelancer is 1-1.5 and you don't drink much.

For my first tripp I calculated with 6k a day for drinks, transport, food and fun as I don't like sleepubg alone and LT can be a little bit more than STs.

I did not pull from GoGos so it worked out fine for the few days I actually mongered so I will steck with the same bidget this time around with maybe 20k on top for the 11 days in case of unexpected hotties.

Ad long as the focus isn't on sport fucking 3-4 girls a day or pulling from GoGos on WS every night the 10k you have should be ample.

How long is a piece of string. One can get by on a couple of hundred baht a day if one wants to.

Realistically speaking though 3k a day will get you one girl, one/two meals and a couple of beers. It's doable but quite the tight budget. 6k will give you a lot more freedom and choice in what you want to do.
10k will let you almost live out your dreams.

Not everyone is the same, not every day is the same, some will cost less and some more. Anyway for two weeks I would budget about 2.5k EURO/USD and you'll be more than fine. If you want to go nuts and spend more, the sky is not the limit.

6 hours ago, Annex191 said:

For my first tripp I calculated with 6k a day for drinks, transport, food and fun as I don't like sleepubg alone and LT can be a little bit more than STs.

I did not pull from GoGos so it worked out fine for the few days I actually mongered so I will steck with the same bidget this time around with maybe 20k on top for the 11 days in case of unexpected hotties.

Ad long as the focus isn't on sport fucking 3-4 girls a day or pulling from GoGos on WS every night the 10k you have should be ample.

This is my first trip to Pattaya.  I will be staying for a few weeks and I am sure I over estimated my budget a bit.  I laid everything out in an excel sheet and came up with ~15,000 baht a day not counting flights and hotel.  This is for food, drinks, taxis, massages and having fun.  With that I rounded up it to 20,000 baht a day.  I plan on spending a lot of time on Soi 6, LK Metro and will check out a few GGs on WS.  After my trip I will post an update on my "real cost".        

• Like 3