Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thailand 45-Day Visa Exemption

ronboy

I was afraid of this but I arrived in march and they gave me the 45 days.

Was afraid that Id only get 30 and have to do a visa run.

On 26/02/2023 at 20:25, Leo_Bia said:

Always have done for a Tourist Visa extension.

Not in my experience. Agent took photo of me in their office on Soi Boukhaow and I picked up my passport from their office a few days later.

On 26/02/2023 at 20:09, likeaking said:

Last week I used an agent to extend my VOA 30 days. I provided the TM30 and passport photo and had to show up at Soi 5 Immigration have my picture taken outside the immigration office by the agent. I never waited or entered Immigration and my stamped passport was hand delivered the next day. Not having to wait hours at immigration is worth the 2100 baht + 1900 baht to immigration to me.

VOA can only be extended 7 days. Visa exemptions can be extended 30 days.

8 minutes ago, hioctane said:

What's the cost of the 30-day extension?

18 minutes ago, exercise said:

What's the cost of the 30-day extension?

1900 baht. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

49 minutes ago, hioctane said:

So I guess it was a visa exemption. Had an agent do it so didn’t have to get into the particulars.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the latest update on the 45+day visa? I have some plans to make and need to make a decision.

2 hours ago, exercise said:

What is the latest update on the 45+day visa? I have some plans to make and need to make a decision.

Noone knows for sure, but only 2 weeks to go, and absolutely zero mention of it being extended.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

I arrived on the March 12 and got 45 days so I'll be around here until May 20ish before I go elsewhere. 

Everything in moderation.....

3 hours ago, exercise said:

the problem is the ministers making the decision get their flights paid for and have no concept of the need to make airline bookings in advance

4 hours ago, purescience said:

Noone knows for sure, but only 2 weeks to go, and absolutely zero mention of it being extended.

Like the Covid extensions, they will let us know 2 days before.

7 hours ago, exercise said:

There isn't any update yet

Wait until a decision is made, it won't be long after that it will be posted all over the forum

• 2 weeks later...

Still no news update about the 45days exemption extension guess it's revert back to 30days only from today? I myself have make use of the 45 days twice was hoping they extend it till end of the year so I can do it again in June July to save the hassle. 45days is great nice time.. 

I think it will revert to 30 days too. We will know soon . Hopefully a BM coming in after midnight tonight can report whether their passport is stamped for 30 or 45 days .

• Like 1

Just now, Leo_Bia said:

Looks like people are being stamped 30 days since midnight.

Looks like or you know for a fact?

15 minutes ago, exercise said:

Looks like or you know for a fact?

Looks like, from what I am reading on social media.

Edited by Leo_Bia

Of course they are as the 45 day allowed ended at midnight, so no surprises there. Any change has to be approved by cabinet and then gazetted. The Thai govt is incapable of decision making. Had 6 months to work this out but missed the deadline 

Richard Barrow just posted on Twitter that 45 days is over, no official announcement, but he's usually a very reliable source on this subject.

Screenshot_2023_04_01_16_31_25@2x.jpg

Edited by Farangkie

4 hours ago, biggles said:

Of course they are as the 45 day allowed ended at midnight, so no surprises there. Any change has to be approved by cabinet and then gazetted. The Thai govt is incapable of decision making. Had 6 months to work this out but missed the deadline 

What deadline? There was an official announcement months ago that stated this would be in effect from 1 October 2022 until 31 March 2023. Sounds like some want another official announcement just because those without authority on the matter gave out false hopes earlier. I don’t think they’re going to make an official announcement to simply say the dates in their prior official announcement aren’t being changed.

4 hours ago, biggles said:

They have done exactly what they said they would.

With elections coming up and the current parliment having been disolved a week ago, perhaps the caretaker interim government isn't empowered to be able to make a decision on this. 

Edited by cunneyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo_Bia said:

Fully expect to be a turnaround on Monday, when the TAT point out the obvious to the Government.

Unfortunately,I doubt if it will be reversed :

Real problems with over-stayers particularly with Eastern Europeans in Phuket

The problem with farang working with no work visa and "taking jobs from Thais" plays well in an election year .

i think many tourists forget ,Thailand is for Thai people ,all others including the Chinese are only temporsrily tolerated.