Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thailand 45-Day Visa Exemption

ronboy

Hi 

Thailand brings back the 45-Day Visa Exemption stamp that is briefly in place , until March 31, 2023,

BM Does that mean if I arrive on March 30 I get 45 Days?

Ta

i would guess so. it is also possible the scheme may be extended. but unless you are self employed most folks have a limited amount of holiday

6 hours ago, striderman said:

but unless you are self employed most folks have a limited amount of holiday

I'm retired but need to regularly return to Australia and usually get a 3 month retirement visa in Australia 

• 1 month later...

Just read they're supposedly looking to extend this initiative for the rest of year. That would be good news. Not a big fan of the source, so will be checking around a bit... 

Edit: Should've maybe shut up. Only source I can find is The Thaiger. Would've thought something like this would be widely reported. Still hope it gets confirmed.

Edited by Thomaz73
More info
  • Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Tim Newton Today also mentioned this today on his channel.  (scroll to 04:09)

If size doesn't matter, why aren't there any four inch dildos ?

The most expensive sex in Pattaya, is when NO money is exchanged.

Funny how you can get a 45 day exemption, basically walk in with few if any questions, but a 60 day visa costs $65 CDN and a whole bunch of questions and documents and in the case of my last one 5 weeks to obtain...  😞

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

11 minutes ago, englishman said:

Funny how you can get a 45 day exemption, basically walk in with few if any questions, but a 60 day visa costs $65 CDN and a whole bunch of questions and documents and in the case of my last one 5 weeks to obtain...  😞

Because the 45 days is temporary. Generally, it is easier to add temporary laws than change existing laws.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just looked on the UK FCO website and it says 45 visa exemption but the comment before 31st March 2023 is not there now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1 Leave. 

2 Extend another 30 days at a Visa office or with an agent. 

3 Exit the country by air or land and then return and get another 45 days. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

1 Leave. 

2 Extend another 30 days at a Visa office or with an agent. 

3 Exit the country by air or land and then return and get another 45 days. 

Is it easy to extend 30 days more than once?

10 minutes ago, exercise said:

You can only extend once.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 hours ago, exercise said:

You used to be able to extend 30+14+7. Basically, you were asking for another extension after the initial one and the 14 days were for immigration to review your request. You had to pay for the request. You went back to immigration after 14 days and they told you your request was denied and you had to leave the country within 7 days (no charge). My friends and I did this a lot years ago. Maybe someone here knows if it is still possible.

On 18/01/2023 at 15:42, Fr_loper said:

Tim Newton Today also mentioned this today on his channel.  (scroll to 04:09)

True, but he's a bottom feeder, just repeating what others have already reported...  He spends most of his blogs just reading from other "news" sources... and commenting...  He doesn't originate any of the news...

(he has weekend blogs where he chats with "guests" on various subjects too)...

On 17/02/2023 at 16:22, davidge said:

You can only extend once.

Can I extend at anytime during the initial 45-day period?

19 minutes ago, exercise said:

if using/paying an agent probably yes. if doing it yourself which is pretty straight forward not until a couple of days before the 45 is up.

1 minute ago, exercise said:

Would that be at the Jomtien office on soi 5?

Yes. Maybe try 5-6-7 days before. And not on a Monday or Friday. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, exercise said:

I believe 1-2 weeks before expiration.

On 20/01/2023 at 01:20, englishman said:

It depends on where you are from. Previously, it made more more sense for those that qualify for visa exempt (30 days) to get a TV. Now with only 15 days more, it makes less sense.

Very true for me. Embassy in Manila takes 2 business days to issue so a big hassle

On 23/02/2023 at 02:10, striderman said:

if using/paying an agent probably yes. if doing it yourself which is pretty straight forward not until a couple of days before the 45 is up.

no point using an agent as you now have to show up in person for the extension as they take your photo when they issue the stamp

• Like 1

On 23/02/2023 at 14:10, striderman said:

33 minutes ago, amun99 said:

no point using an agent as you now have to show up in person for the extension as they take your photo when they issue the stamp

Last week I used an agent to extend my VOA 30 days. I provided the TM30 and passport photo and had to show up at Soi 5 Immigration have my picture taken outside the immigration office by the agent. I never waited or entered Immigration and my stamped passport was hand delivered the next day. Not having to wait hours at immigration is worth the 2100 baht + 1900 baht to immigration to me.

• Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

1 hour ago, amun99 said:

Always have done for a Tourist Visa extension.