Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New ferry cruise between Pattaya and Samui

LASportsNut

Very interesting indeed. I'll probably go there during Songkran. And having developed a bit of hatred of airports, this could be a fun change of pace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Very interesting indeed. I'll probably go there during Songkran. And having developed a bit of hatred of airports, this could be a fun change of pace. 

Yes, I was thinking it would be a fund road trip to get away.

I like the Songkran idea.

I will be in the States for  Songkran 2023 but future Songkrans this could be an option.

I think R4K was on a test run of that a few months back. If it's the same ferry, then it was going to Surat Thani, which to me would be a better trip--ferry down to Surat Thani and drive/ride back on the land route. But either way, ferry to Surat Thani or ferry to Koh Samui and another ferry to the mainland would be a great sail and ride adventure. 🙂 

I have never been to Koh Samui and have no interest in driving a car or a bike in Thailand.  However, if did find the "right" TG who had a scooter or better yet a car this would seem like a great type of a trip.  Of course figuring out right time/right girl may be the unicorn.  Guess if got tired of the girl could always fly back - lol

• Like 2

That sounds like a great side trip if you found a traveling companion in Patts.  Sounds way more interesting that spending 3hrs in the airport.  Does anyone know if they offer a similar ferry from Bangkok as i'm not sure when or where I will be this trip.

6 hours ago, NNMI1 said:

That sounds like a great side trip if you found a traveling companion in Patts.  Sounds way more interesting that spending 3hrs in the airport.  Does anyone know if they offer a similar ferry from Bangkok as i'm not sure when or where I will be this trip.

Yes, there is one from Bangkok too.

Great idea....and massage on board 5555

I didn't see a price mentioned though?

the 1-1.5 hour on/off time would suck though...looking at 12-15 hours at best

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

I didn't see a price mentioned though

Around 3000฿, one way.

At that price I would fly

Dayo...

Just now, dayo202 said:

Around 3000฿, one way.

Is that with a car?

• Haha 2

Just now, Thomaz73 said:

Is that with a car?

Sorry don't know.

Price's not set in stone as yet.

just read somewhere over the weekend.

Dayo...

6 hours ago, dayo202 said:

Around 3000฿, one way.

5 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Is that with a car?

That's the high end price for a room I think... not sure what extra you'd need to pay to take a private vehicle on board. Regardless, an overnight cruise might be fun if the weather was favourable. 

I have been to Koh Samui twice.

I enjoy it there, but both times I flew and took a TGF at the time.

Both times i rented a motorbike to cruise around the island and to get from place to place.

We did take Grab too (BOLT was not an option then).

I think it would be better to fly there but this is more of a fun "experience" not necessarily the best way to get there.

I will for sure try it once just for fun..

I wonder if I went solo, if there would be any freelance girls on the boat, on a short holiday?..... hmmmmm

Haha.

13 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Yes, there is one from Bangkok too.

to Samui?, from which dock?

................................................................................................................

4 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

I have been to Koh Samui twice.

I enjoy it there, but both times I flew and took a TGF at the time.

Both times i rented a motorbike to cruise around the island and to get from place to place.

We did take Grab too (BOLT was not an option then).

I think it would be better to fly there but this is more of a fun "experience" not necessarily the best way to get there.

I will for sure try it once just for fun..

I wonder if I went solo, if there would be any freelance girls on the boat, on a short holiday?..... hmmmmm

Haha.

Right?....an entrepreneurial young TG would be smart to live on this boat and get 2-3 ST a night for 3K a pop...limited market...maybe more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, dayo202 said:

Around 3000฿, one way.

Check prices for flight, because not cheap to fly to Samui, last time I went bangkok airlines were the only ones flying direct 

if they have rooms I would do it 

Edited by bukone

1 hour ago, bukone said:

Check prices for flight, because not cheap to fly to Samui, last time I went bangkok airlines were the only ones flying direct 

I believe Bangkok Airways own the airport so control who flies there, ie nobody else but Bangkok Airways.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bukone said:

£136 return, cheaper and from UTP direct to Samui, so very quick

image.png.42b2fc8a0f0ca5b84a7149efd8cc0222.png

44 minutes ago, particle said:

£136 return, cheaper and from UTP direct to Samui, so very quick

image.png.42b2fc8a0f0ca5b84a7149efd8cc0222.png

That’s around the 5500 Thai baht, yes quick, but if you got time and want to take your vehicle sounds like a decent price if it is 3000bht 

Edited by bukone

11 minutes ago, bukone said:

That’s around the 5500 Thai baht, yes quick, but if you got time and want to take your vehicle sounds like a decent price if it is 3000bht 

5500 return , 3000 one way.

But yes, need to take the boat if you want to take your vehicle or for a new experience.

7 hours ago, Hitu6969 said:

Is bolt now operatiinal in koh samui ?

I was there two weeks ago, bolt wasn't really available and grab was also limited if not staying in center of chaweng.   the taxi Mafia is probably worse than Phuket.  the prices they charge for rides are ridiculous.    I would always suggest renting a bike or a car as it will actually save u some $$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1