IGNORED

The hilton

tobeornottobe

Is the Hilton worth it 

Im going to book either The Amber for 30 Euro  a Night or The Hilton3  for 169 Euro a Night ?

Been looking at staying at the pattaya Hilton for my birthday week, but it’s so expensive compared to the other Hilton’s in Thailand, it does look impressive tho! 

I prefer Baraquda. They have or had a deal where I only pay 150 for 3 nights. The location is perfect for me. However, I do love the buffet dinner at Hilton. So I just go for dinner sometimes.

I love the Hilton, BUT I get some perks for my Hilton Honors membership and I often use points for my room..

I think the location is just about ideal, but is it worth the rates they are charging these days? Tough call 

I just spent 6 nights / 7 days in Pattaya and stayed at the Hilton. Location is worth it and buffet breakfast was a winner.

Similar to Luv2Phuket’s comments, I have HH membership and I was able to score an upgrade. 

The Hilton worked well for me as I spent a large amount of time at the beach and found it close by and convenient. 

In terms of is it worth the $$? I’m always ok paying extra to be comfortable and convenient when away from home. 

• Like 2

Answering my own question, when I am in Pattaya in November, I am booked for 5 nights at the Hilton on a paid rate at about $125 USD per night. 

When I tried to change it to drop a night, the rate was going to go up to $195 USD per night.

At $125/night, the Hilton is a "go" for me (especially with likely upgrade + free breakfast + lounge access)....at $195/night, it's a "no" for me.

The allure of Pattaya is to travel at a discount for extended stays (2+ weeks) so I will never agree that Hilton is worth it.  Nobody is doubting the quality of the establishment though.  I don't travel to SEA to pay western prices. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hotlanta said:

The allure of Pattaya is to travel at a discount for extended stays (2+ weeks) so I will never agree that Hilton is worth it.  Nobody is doubting the quality of the establishment though.  I don't travel to SEA to pay western prices. 

i agree, 200usd/night. omg ... to compare: Areaca Lodge, who is considered as expenssive on this board have room from 25$ to 50$ a night. It's not a 5 star but a good one, close to LK and every thing else you need in Pattaya. it mean you still have 150$ of your 200$ you can use for the holiday. i don't know what is you daily budget for girls, but mine is a good one and if i could add 150$ to it just by going 1 star down on the room i would definetly made it. +5500bth a day ... it's a lots of bonus fun with the girls.

11 hours ago, kodak.kid said:

i agree, 200usd/night. omg ... to compare: Areaca Lodge, who is considered as expenssive on this board have room from 25$ to 50$ a night. It's not a 5 star but a good one, close to LK and every thing else you need in Pattaya. it mean you still have 150$ of your 200$ you can use for the holiday. i don't know what is you daily budget for girls, but mine is a good one and if i could add 150$ to it just by going 1 star down on the room i would definetly made it. +5500bth a day ... it's a lots of bonus fun with the girls.

I tend to agree with u . The Hilton is the cheapest  ive seen it though at 119 euro a night . However I booked the amber hotel which is only 30 euro a night.  Its not like the amber is a shack  either . It looks like a lovely hotel 

Personally I don't believe that the Pattaya Hilton is actually up to Hilton standards.

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

3 minutes ago, RRosenberg said:

Personally I don't believe that the Pattaya Hilton is actually up to Hilton standards.

I will admit, it can use a facelift.

But I am only there for restaurant and bar scene on ocassion.

1 hour ago, tobeornottobe said:

I tend to agree with u . The Hilton is the cheapest  ive seen it though at 119 euro a night . However I booked the amber hotel which is only 30 euro a night.  Its not like the amber is a shack  either . It looks like a lovely hotel 

Do some research on this board about Areca Lodge. it's a good balance between price and 'not a shack'. Book long time in advance and the room with 'Plus' in the name. 'Plus' mean the new building.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kodak.kid said:

Do some research on this board about Areca Lodge. it's a good balance between price and 'not a shack'. Book long time in advance and the room with 'Plus' in the name. 'Plus' mean the new building.

I agree with this.

I read a lot of guys with good income and points seem to use Hilton and a few other high end hotels.

I personally do not understand it as there are other options at 25-33% the cost.  

I mean you might lose the view but nothing much more.

Not a big deal for 3-7 days, but anything more and you are better off at hotels similar to the Amber or Areca Lodge.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

I agree with this.

I read a lot of guys with good income and points seem to use Hilton and a few other high end hotels.

I personally do not understand it as there are other options at 25-33% the cost.  

I mean you might lose the view but nothing much more.

Not a big deal for 3-7 days, but anything more and you are better off at hotels similar to the Amber or Areca Lodge.

where is the point to rent a 200usd/night room to fuck 30$ prostitutes.

13 minutes ago, kodak.kid said:

where is the point to rent a 200usd/night room to fuck 30$ prostitutes.

Pattaya is a fantasy world. Let people indulge in whatever fantasy they wish. Maybe they like to stay in the Hilton to imagine they are living like some hotshot banking exec. Same reason people buy a bottle at a club, imagining they are some big G in da haus. Or maybe its simply an opportunity to stay in a hotel the likes of which they could never back west.

I went for High Tea once at the Four Seasons in Cairo after a day out in the desert. Sitting with a lady in the most opulent lounge one could imagine, complete with grand piano and pianist, serenading us while I sipped Gun Powder tea from a gold leaf bone china cup.
I ate small dainty triangular cut cucumber sandwiches, dressed in shorts n T shirt and covered in desert dust while across the room where all sorts of high flyers in business suits, elegant dresses and traditional Arab garb. It cost me the equivilent of £10 for that experience. A similar affair back home would have been probably at least 10 times the cost. Yes, it was a great experience but not one I could justify back home.

Personally, While in Pattaya Im going to imagine im Rodger Moore in The Man with the Golden Gun. But its not golden and more of a fleshy colour.

1 hour ago, kodak.kid said:

Ive  stayed there before. The new rooms arent available  for my dates 

1 hour ago, davetherave3311 said:

Pattaya is a fantasy world. Let people indulge in whatever fantasy they wish. Maybe they like to stay in the Hilton to imagine they are living like some hotshot banking exec. Same reason people buy a bottle at a club, imagining they are some big G in da haus. Or maybe its simply an opportunity to stay in a hotel the likes of which they could never back west.

I went for High Tea once at the Four Seasons in Cairo after a day out in the desert. Sitting with a lady in the most opulent lounge one could imagine, complete with grand piano and pianist, serenading us while I sipped Gun Powder tea from a gold leaf bone china cup.
I ate small dainty triangular cut cucumber sandwiches, dressed in shorts n T shirt and covered in desert dust while across the room where all sorts of high flyers in business suits, elegant dresses and traditional Arab garb. It cost me the equivilent of £10 for that experience. A similar affair back home would have been probably at least 10 times the cost. Yes, it was a great experience but not one I could justify back home.

Personally, While in Pattaya Im going to imagine im Rodger Moore in The Man with the Golden Gun. But its not golden and more of a fleshy colour.

i know, it was humoristic. If i was mongering  like 1 time each 5-10 years i would definetly go with an higher hotel budget, but i learned with time that there is not a big diff with a 3 stars hotel and and 5 start one when you monger. The most imporatnt is to have a clean queit place to sleep and fuck the rest is waste of money.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

To each his own, but I get limited, short trips twice a year, if I am lucky. I don't stay at the Hilton (or InterContinental or other top hotel) to impress Thai hookers - I stay in those hotels because I like to enjoy myself on vacation, relax, and be pampered like a spoiled little snowflake! (555)

While decent hotels certainly can be had for lower rates on Thailand, you also can get some of the better hotels in the World (not talking Hilton here) for a fraction of what they cost in many cities. I typically stay at more top of the line properties in Bangkok (Waldorf Astoria for 4 nights this November, St. Regis on a prior trip, etc.), but I don't even use points for those; I use some of the free night certificates that I get each year.

I have stayed at other, more affordable properties in Pattaya and regretted it. Sea Me, for example, has a nice location and decent sized rooms, but their towels and pillows were absolute crap. Pillows literally felt like a bag of rolled up socks and the towels were the quality I would expect in a cheap massage shop or a Soi 6 ST room. 

While I can understand those who claim they only "sleep and fuck" in their rooms, I find myself in my room or on the property for a pretty decent chunk of most days. I'm checking emails, doing work, watching TV, eating in one of the restaurants or lounge, relaxing in the pool, etc. I'd guess that I am on property for at least 16 or 17 hours every day, if not more.

Hilton is showing some wear and tear. I was of the opinion pre-COVID that they should take a floor at a time offline to do some major renovations and get the rooms back up to "best in show" standard (and the rates they charge). I hoped that they could REALLY do so during COVID, but they still had the scuffs and marks from years of guests the last time I was there. I think the quality of the rooms at the InterContinental, for example, is MUCH higher, but the location is far worse (a trade-off that I make on every trip, as I shift between the two).

Still, if I'm using points or getting what I consider a good rate, I love the Hilton's location (especially the connection to Central) and the perks I get there (upgrade, free breakfast, and lounge access, which essentially is free dinner many nights). Other than a run in a few years ago over a 19 year old that they wouldn't let visit my room, I have found their staff to be very good/helpful.

But....different strokes for different folks. Just 'cause it's right for me doesn't mean that it is right for you.

Agree wholeheartedly with what you wrote here. 

Notwithstanding COVId, I spend spend 150-200 nights a year in hotels for work; almost exclusively Marriott and ICH hotels.  While most often I only spend my time sleeping and refreshing, it’s of value to not only be comfortable, but to know what to expect when I check into a property and the staff knows ahead of time to take care of me.  I’m not particularly picky, but if I get arrive hungry at 2:00am and room service is closed, I appreciate the effort to warm up some soup and find me some bread and sparkling water so I don’t go to bed hungry; the time a property sent the garment bag I left behind to my next destination - just a few of the things that matter to me when I’m barely keeping my head on straight running between meetings and corporate events.

And dependable wifi and a decent shower with dependable hot water are a must for me when traveling - these are my biggest complaints with budget properties I’ve stayed at.

I value the same consistency and dependability when I book personal travel as well   When my kids were younger, they’d get a kick out of the special treatment they’d get when we stayed  at a place where I was a frequent guest.  Now, I’m just happy to have a dependable and comfortable place to sleep and decent enough food to eat if I don’t feel like eating out.  The consistent upgrades don’t hurt either.  For me, that’s the value proposition and until I’m in a financial position where I need to be more careful with my budgeting, I don’t see any reason to change it.  

For Pattaya, my go to place was the previous Marriott; even after the rebranding, I still prefer this place and am treated well.  Looking forward to the JW I’ve been hearing about …

Never stayed at the Hilton, but if folk find good value there and it makes them happy, then good for them. 

I don’t really understand why some people are so adamant about how others spend their money or find value in what they spend.  People have different priorities in what they want; people have different budgets to work with.  Luckily, there’s plenty in Pattaya to accommodate a wide range of budgets and tastes.  

Edited by momo5
  • Like 3

On 04/09/2022 at 08:47, RRosenberg said:

This.  It's one of the nicer hotels in Pattaya for sure, but it's not exactly even par with other Hilton's in Thailand.

I’m staying 3 nights at the Hilton on the 21st. Two of those night are free, the third night I’m using points. Only payed around 60 bucks. 

I’ll keep y’all posted on how it goes. 

Edited by Iambenny
  • Like 2

I stayed there for 2 days in my last trip, rest of the days i stayed at Talay 6. i felt Hilton was worth it only for the experience.

I am planning to do something similar this time. Staying for 5-6 days at Talay6 or a similar restaurant and for 2 days at the Hilton.

But i agree with what others here have shared, it's too costly for a longer stay IMO.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Was booked to stay by LK Metro for my trip but decided to make a financially reckless decision and booked an king oceanfront suite for 14 days. 

On my last trip I booked a night here and took a LT with me. Had a blast in that balcony tub. 

342558770.jpg

hilton-pattaya.jpg

Edited by JohnnyC3D

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!