IGNORED

The hilton

tobeornottobe

I just stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights using Hilton points and thought it to be a very nice hotel. Just a deluxe room on the 21st floor facing north overlooking the pool. Would like to stay here again sometime but probably out of my 2 week not so millionaire budget

13 hours ago, JohnnyC3D said:

Was booked to stay by LK Metro for my trip but decided to make a financially reckless decision and booked an king oceanfront suite for 14 days. 

On my last trip I booked a night here and took a LT with me. Had a blast in that balcony tub. 

342558770.jpg

hilton-pattaya.jpg

nice, my favourite room, but too expensive for 14 days for my finances unfortunately :) 

i can highly recommend to (try to) get the south facing room (as pictured). imho it's much nicer with perfect sunset views and views towards the pattaya sign in the night. last time i was told it's not possible to have it guaranteed, but you can reserve the specific room you want (if it's available) via the Hilton app i think 24 or 48 hours before check in. i don't remember the exact details. but worth a try. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, petehoax said:

nice, my favourite room, but too expensive for 14 days for my finances unfortunately :) 

i can highly recommend to (try to) get the south facing room (as pictured). imho it's much nicer with perfect sunset views and views towards the pattaya sign in the night. last time i was told it's not possible to have it guaranteed, but you can reserve the specific room you want (if it's available) via the Hilton app i think 24 or 48 hours before check in. i don't remember the exact details. but worth a try. 

Thanks for the note about the Hilton app. I'll check it out. I was hoping for a south facing room as I'll be there December 24th and I think theres fireworks. I'm a Marriott member but their options are not close to the action and I think I read about joiner fees. 

Ive been saving my credit card points for about 6 years. The best redemption rate allows for you to apply to a credit card balance. Covered about 70% of the cost. Was saving them for Maui but this seems like a better way to spend them after a 3 year hiatus from Thailand.

Edited by JohnnyC3D

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Question for (other) frequent Hilton guests:

Am I the only one who finds their pool uncomfortably cold?

Haven't tried it for a while, but, on a pre-COVID stay, it was like getting into a damn ice bath!

The Hilton is nice. It's always been top money for what it is, but it's definitely overpriced now. I used to get it in 2019 for about 4,200 Baht per night with the HHonors member discount, whereas now it can cost 7,000 Baht per night. I'm fairly sure the recent hikes in inflation, staffing and energy costs don't justify a 66% increase. Other downsides include the cold, shadowy pool that you can't really do laps in, and my own personal dealbreaker, the 10 - 15 minute walk it used to take to get from a high floor room, travelling down 2 sets of elevators, long corridors, then running the gauntlet to the car-park with no sidewalk for 50m to reach the motorbike parking zone, then spending another 5 minutes moving the barricades and heaving other people's bikes out of the way to get my own bike out. It's a handy hotel if you're on foot though.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

On 27/10/2022 at 00:34, burgher said:

I just stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights using Hilton points and thought it to be a very nice hotel. Just a deluxe room on the 21st floor facing north overlooking the pool. Would like to stay here again sometime but probably out of my 2 week not so millionaire budget

Any refurbishment done over covid break?

have some Hilton points to burn 

I have stayed there but will be saving my Hilton points for Bangkok not pattaya.

For what I do in pattaya it’s not worth it: I wake too late for the breakfast and don’t have time for the pool. Restaurants are nice but I like to explore and try new places.

If you’ve never been, try it for a night or two. It’s a nice hotel

3 hours ago, tangotango said:

Any refurbishment done over covid break?

have some Hilton points to burn 

Not that I noticed in February. I was planning to stay there in November, but am now about 98% sure that I am cancelling my trip.

1 hour ago, Nuffsaid said:

I have stayed there but will be saving my Hilton points for Bangkok not pattaya.

For what I do in pattaya it’s not worth it: I wake too late for the breakfast and don’t have time for the pool. Restaurants are nice but I like to explore and try new places.

If you’ve never been, try it for a night or two. It’s a nice hotel

If burning points, I would always stay in increments of 5 nights to maximize the "5th night free" option.

I am usually able to make it down in time for breakfast (which is solid, but not great), and I often enjoy the happy hour snacks in the lounge. Many times that constitutes my "dinner."

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

If burning points, I would always stay in increments of 5 nights to maximize the "5th night free" option.

I am usually able to make it down in time for breakfast (which is solid, but not great), and I often enjoy the happy hour snacks in the lounge. Many times that constitutes my "dinner."

Agree with the increments of five.. but again it’s really if taking advantage of the hotel. Plus in Dec it’s 60k points for pattaya but only 40k if in Bangkok sukhumvit or millennium. The points go further.

i guess it’s moot if he plans on only staying in pattaya, but definitely try to take advantage of status perks (I also use the lounge for a meal) and upgrades regardless.

No issues with the facilities at the hotel. My only bugbear was that whilst having a lie down in my room between 4-7pm before heading out for the night you could hear the live band on Soi 8. This despite the balcony door being closed. First world problems hey..

Have 6 night stay planned. But with my dates only have enough points for 5 nights as redemptions cost have increased

might have to pay cash for the one night

Love the executive plus balcony rooms with bath tub. More really the balcony. opening the doors able to enjoy the hustle bustle of beach road.

11 hours ago, tangotango said:

Have 6 night stay planned. But with my dates only have enough points for 5 nights as redemptions cost have increased

might have to pay cash for the one night

Love the executive plus balcony rooms with bath tub. More really the balcony. opening the doors able to enjoy the hustle bustle of beach road.

My advice would be to pay for the first night, then do the next 5 on points.

If you book an oceanview room for the first night, they may upgrade you for the next 5, but that's risky - there is no guarantee of an upgrade and that first night is gonna be pricey.

At the InterContinental, I get guaranteed upgrade on paid ngiht, but not points nights. I have had success by offering to pay a little extra on my "points nights" to stay in the same upgraded room throughout. BUT I set that all up in advance.

Totally multiple girl friendly, after 10pm id of guest is often but not always asked for (at ground level).

For discretion take elevator from ground level to Edge restaurant level (and not reception) and turn 2x right to get to elevator going to rooms.

This option is not possible after closure of the Edge restaurant.

Had a great stay (and will stay again in 2 months 😊 ) only downside is the loudly closing doors and the non-soundproof windows making you “enjoy” Pattaya life.

Better ask high floor and facing South Pattaya.

The standard rooms are imo not worth 4,000 - 5,000 baht.

BUT

The balcony with bathtub rooms are totally worth it up to around 9,000 baht.  

Other things to note:

The breakfast is excellent.

Hilton is girlfriendly 20+, so 18/19 yr olds you may be rolling the dice.  Chances of being stopped downstairs is around ~60% of the time.  

Horizon rooftop is very nice, 2 for 1 cocktails is great, although you don't need to stay there to get it.

The gym is totally crap for a 5Star hotel.  Pool is decent.

You WILL get a better experience from girls if you stay at the Hilton.  You will probably also be over-charged so don't let them know you are staying there before you negotiate.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to stay here, but got the impression it was more family oriented and they wouldn’t be happy with my bringing 2-3 girls home from Walking Street all night every night.. but sounds like that’s not the case? 

But, 20+ could be a surprise bummer sometimes hmm

Balcony rooms with Tub on terrace are indeed excellent and a really good way to break the ice 😉

I never had any problems bringing anyone back (or 2) ID was checked after 10pm If I remember correctly (August 2022) but never a problem.

Not sure about the 20+ as Id was not checked at that time…;-)

• 4 weeks later...

I will be staying at the Areca Lodge when I arrive and spending my last nine days at the Hilton.  I want to check it out and get a feel for future trips.  Also I get free meals and the executive lounge etc.  So I wanted check out the dining options.  I have seen mixed reviews on the food.  After my trip I will add my opinions of the hotel and dining.  Can any one offer up what their LTs thought of the breakfast?  If they were up to having it.

On 31/10/2022 at 05:27, Luv2Phuket said:

Question for (other) frequent Hilton guests:

Am I the only one who finds their pool uncomfortably cold?

Haven't tried it for a while, but, on a pre-COVID stay, it was like getting into a damn ice bath!

Agree it’s cold.  Stayed there in the first week of November and could last only 5-10 mins in the pool before having to get out as it was getting uncomfortable.

To be fair there wasn’t much sun around to warm the pool up.

Great lounge beds around the pool though….really comfy to lie on and have a sleep.

I found a few post saying the hotel can break bigger notes.  Will the Hilton break 5,000 baht for 100 baht notes?  I want to make sure I leave each day with enough 100 baht notes.  If not where else might I go?  Will the cash exchange give 100 baht notes on request when I exchange USD?      

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2022 at 03:04, rand424950 said:

I will be staying at the Areca Lodge when I arrive and spending my last nine days at the Hilton.  I want to check it out and get a feel for future trips.  Also I get free meals and the executive lounge etc.  So I wanted check out the dining options.  I have seen mixed reviews on the food.  After my trip I will add my opinions of the hotel and dining.  Can any one offer up what their LTs thought of the breakfast?  If they were up to having it.

Hilton has the best breakfast in pattaya. Every TG I took liked it and there is plenty of options for everyone.

2 hours ago, gammonplayer said:

Hilton has the best breakfast in pattaya. Every TG I took liked it and there is plenty of options for everyone.

That's good to hear.  Most of the online reviews are positive and everyone says the girls love to eat.  Sounds like a good option for breakfast some days.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/11/2022 at 16:00, Whiskyjack said:

The standard rooms are imo not worth 4,000 - 5,000 baht.

BUT

The balcony with bathtub rooms are totally worth it up to around 9,000 baht.  

Other things to note:

The breakfast is excellent.

Hilton is girlfriendly 20+, so 18/19 yr olds you may be rolling the dice.  Chances of being stopped downstairs is around ~60% of the time.  

Horizon rooftop is very nice, 2 for 1 cocktails is great, although you don't need to stay there to get it.

The gym is totally crap for a 5Star hotel.  Pool is decent.

You WILL get a better experience from girls if you stay at the Hilton.  You will probably also be over-charged so don't let them know you are staying there before you negotiate.

Good luck getting those rooms with balcony with bathtub for 9000 bath, more like 13k bath these days. I like the rooms a lot, stayed in one of those bathtub ocean rooms one of my trips, the 'regular' part seaview rooms in other trips.

In the end find it just too overpriced. Yes the breakfast buffet is great but on average manage to make that on time about 1 in 3/4 nights I stay there. The pool is ok (amazing view) but am not a pool lounger,...

Decided this trip to bank the extra bath spent on those rooms and go for an executive room in Areca Lodge. The extra 8k bath a night I save by doing so goes straight to boozing in go go bars and barfining more expensive girls.

Still really struggling to decide on hotel.

Hilton room with massive balcony with the bath on it - £1300 for 5 nights

Page 10 suite - £750 for 5 nights

Areca Lodge - £400 for 5 nights

dont really care about the money that much but I do like being near the beach

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/01/2023 at 21:36, Tapaz1976 said:

Decided this trip to bank the extra bath spent on those rooms and go for an executive room in Areca Lodge. The extra 8k bath a night I save by doing so goes straight to boozing in go go bars and barfining more expensive girls.

How did you find the executive room at the Areca?

Was always interested in that room, but not sure if it is as good as the pics, especially as I found places like Page 10, Arbour, Aqua etc. to be much worse than their web pics.

50 minutes ago, Whiskyjack said:

How did you find the executive room at the Areca?

Was always interested in that room, but not sure if it is as good as the pics, especially as I found places like Page 10, Arbour, Aqua etc. to be much worse than their web pics.

I ended up changing to the Amethyst (the new hotel close on Buakhaow 15). They had a Junior suite for a nice deal so wanted to try that out.