IGNORED

The CHELSEA Thread

JoeNemesis

Putting Frank Lampard in charge of a squad assembled for half a billion quid is a bit like starting an F1 team and hiring James May as your lead driver.

(Paddy Power)

• Haha 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2023 at 17:37, davidge said:

Putting Frank Lampard in charge of a squad assembled for half a billion quid is a bit like starting an F1 team and hiring James May as your lead driver.

(Paddy Power)

played 5, lost 5

I haven't posted any updates here for a long while because, quite frankly, I'm effing appalled at what's happened to Chelsea Football Club. I'm with Didier Drogba 100% about not recognising my club any more. They are too slow on the build-up, toothless in attack (if that's what you can call it) and easy to pick off. They are unfit both literally and figuratively. A bunch of overpaid sleep-walkers. If Poch agrees to take this bunch on, I hope he goes full Regimental Seargeant Major on the lot of them and whips them into shape.

On 06/04/2023 at 17:37, davidge said:

Maybe switching them around might have had a better outcome, James May in charge of Chelsea and Lampard as the F1 driver. May could not have had worse results than Lampard and at least he could bring in his buddy Clarkson who might fire up some of the overpaid "stars" with his usual "diplomatic language and approach"!  LOL

First half of the Brentford game was as bad a Chelsea performance as I’ve ever seen, and I remember the old division 2 days. 
I’d have been making changes after 20 minutes, not waiting for half time. 

2 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

First half of the Brentford game was as bad a Chelsea performance as I’ve ever seen, and I remember the old division 2 days. 
I’d have been making changes after 20 minutes, not waiting for half time. 

Any other plan but the plan Frank used may have been better. Heck, he didn't even start with a striker. There are so many things wrong with this team, and the players all seem to be afflicted with the same problem. No Desire. No belief. No passion. They are all paid so much, so money isn't the issue. They all have a problem between the ears. And they're not fit enough. And I agree with Poch in telling Boehly to stay out of the dressing room, where there can be only one boss. 

I hope Poch agrees to take the job. We're desperate.