IGNORED

Boxing - great upcoming fights

Luv2Phuket

Thought I’d share this in case anyone is interested. NKL Promotion is doing a boxing card at MAX Muay Thai Stadium in Pattaya on February 23. Former champ Srisaket Nakhonluang Promotion, aka Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, is in yet another stay busy fight against some can from China. Main event is a Thai vs Uzbekistan fighter for a regional belt. I’ve been to a few NKL cards in Bangkok where they’ve been free to attend and a fun way to spend a few hours if you like boxing.

IMG_0897.jpeg

On 03/01/2024 at 21:52, Luv2Phuket said:

Hate to be Debbie Downer and have ZERO information to support it, but my fear is that the Fury/Usyk fight ends up getting postponed due to injury (whether legit or not).

Good prediction Luv2Phuket! Fury never wanted this fight, but even his own fans were calling him out as a chicken for ducking AJ and then making ridiculous financial demands in the previous Usyk negotiations. A couple of pundits were hinting at the same outcome, but most are too "commercially controlled" to come straight out and accuse Fury of serial ducking.

As for the cut, it was indeed dubious as fuck. Nobody gets these type of cuts wearing headgear 2 weeks before such a big fight. The last to allegedly do so was David Haye, ironically just before his fight with Fury (and even more ironically, which Fury slagged him off for 'faking' the injury to duck the fight!!!). What sparring partner would dare to use an elbow on the champ a couple of weeks before the biggest unification fight in 20 years??? Sparring partners are all contracted to spar fairly. If he genuinely used an elbow that was so front-on and deep that it evaded a headguard, Fury could sue him for millions. The apparent 'video evidence' is also highly questionable and doesn't actually show any credible elbow contact. Fury is also conveniently covering up his eye all the way back to the same corner that the cameraman just luckily happened to be standing in  The cut Fury later showed to the media is a wide cut but actually not very deep if you look closer. That's coincidentally the exact type of cut any cutman would recommend fabricating if you wanted to achieve a scary looking, but mostly superficial, injury.

So will they fight in May? Care to make another prediction Luv2Phuket? My money's on another bout of 'mental illness' (a.k.a. an entirely voluntary 2 year drink and drug binge).

Either way, it all just adds to the shitshow that is modern heavyweight boxing.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

• 1 month later...

Buakaw vs Pacquiao, on the 20th April has been postponed until later in the year. 

No reason given.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2024 at 22:32, Leo_Bia said:

Buakaw vs Pacquiao, on the 20th April has been postponed until later in the year. 

No reason given.

I just don’t see this happening. Slightly off topic, but Buakaw’s been keeping somewhat active. He fought at Rajadamnern a couple of times last year and also had a couple of fights outside Thailand. He fought today in Japan. Here’s a highlight link. K-1 brought back their MAX tournament this year. There’s an open spot in the final 8 and Buakaw wants it. Meanwhile, there’s talk of Pacquiao-Benn.

On to the subject at hand, looks like some good/big fights coming up. Tszyu-Fundora, Haney-Garcia, Alvarez-Munguia (I know, not the fight folks want), Inoue-Nery, Lomachenko-Kambosos, Usyk-Fury, Navarrete-Berinchyk, Taylor-Catterall, Bivol-Beterbiev, Estrada-Rodriguez. A nice run. Oh, let’s not forget Tyson-Paul 555

Who the Hell knows what Manny will do next?  555

He seems to pop up in Saudi Arabia quite a bit, and there's talk of him and Mayweather, but I think Floyd is perfectly content banking big sums of money for meaningless "exhibitions."

Of the big fights, I think I would have to rank them:'
1. Bivol-Beterbiev - classic boxer vs beast fight
2. Estrada vs Bam - curious to see if Estrada has enough left in the tank to take Bam, who is an up and coming star (which could be cemented by this fight)
3. Usyk-Fury - I think Fury takes this one serious, but I would give my left nut for Usyk to whip his ass.  Just so sick and tired of all of the Fury bluster and bullshit. If I NEVER have to hear John Fury again, it will be too soon.

On the subject of ass whippings, I would love to see Inoue humiliate Nery. Nery made a complete ass out of himself and disrespected Japan by his antics in the Yamanaka fight in 2018 (came in over weight; classless gestures after win).  Japan takes that shit VERY seriously, and he was indefinitely suspended banned by the JBC.  They had to overturn that for this fight to move forward.  I'm guessing lots of folks in Japan join me in wanting to see Nery get what he deserves.

LOTTA bad blood in Taylor-Catterall, but I think Taylor is breaking down.  He really struggles to make 140 - had the VERY disputed win over Catterall, then was embarrassed by my boy Teofimo.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2024 at 03:32, Leo_Bia said:

No reason given.

The 6-round boxing match between the legendary Manny 'PacMan' Pacquiao and Muay Thai icon Buakaw Banchamek will still take place within this year, though it may not happen in Thailand, said Vinij Lertratanachai, the chief executive of Fresh Air Festival.

His remarks followed the indefinite postponement of the fight, originally scheduled for April 20.

Vinij highlighted the significant production costs and insufficient support for hosting the fight in Thailand. However, he expressed confidence that arranging the fight elsewhere would be feasible. He said an official announcement would be made later. 

The pay-per-view match is estimated to cost $25 million to set up.

twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1785899573149565117

Bivol-Beterbiev postponed unfortunately. I don’t mind too much since I’ll be in Indonesia then and it would have been a pain to watch live. Hyped for The Monster on Monday.

On 23/03/2024 at 11:34, Luv2Phuket said:

3. Usyk-Fury - I think Fury takes this one serious, but I would give my left nut for Usyk to whip his ass.  Just so sick and tired of all of the Fury bluster and bullshit. If I NEVER have to hear John Fury again, it will be too soon.

I echo this sentiment.