Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

MLB 2022 Season

Fire Bar Matt

On 29/10/2022 at 22:09, LASportsNut said:

Because Dusty is an ex-Dodger I silently root for him as a man.

However as an ex Giant and current Astro Manager I am rooting against him.

I am unsure what the falling out was with the Dodgers and why he disowned them as a franchise.

Yes, I agree.  

Go Phillies!

I'm also a Dodger fan as I lived in the LA area when they moved from Brooklyn after the 1957 season to LA.  Won the world series in 1959.  My family moved to Sacramento in 1960 and I remained a Dodger fan.  Dusty's family moved to Sacramento in 1964 and he would have been a freshman at my high school when I was a senior however because of the increased students because of the baby boomers they opened Del Campo high school a few miles away and that's where Dusty went to school.  His family moved to the area because his father was transfered to McClellan Air Force Base, the same place I eventually worked until it was closed in 2000.  When he played for LA he was a part of the 1st four players to hit 30 home runs or more in a season although he didn't get number 30 until the last game.

If the Astros win it all and they sure have the guns to do so it will not be anything to do do with Dusty Baker and his managing in the post season he stinks as his record shows. The Astros are loaded with talent the guy that does the brake jobs at Jims Wheel and Tire could manage the Astros this season 

• Haha 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

If the Astros win it all and they sure have the guns to do so it will not be anything to do do with Dusty Baker and his managing in the post season he stinks as his record shows. The Astros are loaded with talent the guy that does the brake jobs at Jims Wheel and Tire could manage the Astros this season 

FYI: Yordan Álvarez, traded in 2016 by the LA Dodgers.....:Oops1:

Edited by Greg_B

After being down 2 game to 1 the Astros came back and won game 4.  They won 5-0 and didn't allow a hit. Game 5 tomorrow in Philly and then the last 2 games will be played in Houston.

Game 5 is a must win for Philly. I don't think there will be a way back for them if they go down 3-2. For Astros, Verlander on the mound. Great chance to close the series. Should be fun.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bcn111 said:

Game 5 is a must win for Philly. I don't think there will be a way back for them if they go down 3-2. For Astros, Verlander on the mound. Great chance to close the series. Should be fun.

Agree!  The winner of game 5, which ever team, will have a huge advantage the rest of the way.

12 hours ago, bcn111 said:

Verlander is certainly due for a good game.  In 8 previous world series starts his record is 0-6 with an ERA of 6.07.

11 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Verlander is certainly due for a good game.  In 8 previous world series starts his record is 0-6 with an ERA of 6.07.

Verlander has never had bad games back to back I don't think he looks so great in this one either but he had enough to win Dusty can kiss my ass. 

You don't have to stay in the United States news flash we watch the games in Thailand too

Edited by Soi7
  • Haha 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

On 29/10/2022 at 17:44, Soi7 said:

Same way Dusty shits himself every time he gets to the post season. Runners at 1st and second and he lets a guy bat that has a 0.73 BA with the game on the line and 2 outs bottom of the 10th. Hey Dusty you can pinchhit you dumb ass. The astros still have the guns to win it all but hope that does not happen. Will be watching MSU and Michigan football game and The WS on split screen in an hour.

Totally agree … Dusty is an idiot.

Kind of expected. They were the more complete team. Realy wish the Dodgers made it to the WS. Would have been epic. 

Hats of to Philly though. Exceeded expectations and played great ball this postseason.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bcn111 said:

Kind of expected. They were the more complete team. Realy wish the Dodgers made it to the WS. Would have been epic. 

Hats of to Philly though. Exceeded expectations and played great ball this postseason.

Philly was the last team to qualify for the playoffs in the National League.  They only finished 1 game ahead of the Brewers so they almost didn't qualify for the playoffs.

19 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Philly was the last team to qualify for the playoffs in the National League.  They only finished 1 game ahead of the Brewers so they almost didn't qualify for the playoffs.

Which makes it even more impessive. That's the randomness of baseball. All you have to do is squeeze in and you have a chance. Phillies just ran into significantly better team.