IGNORED

MLB 2022 Season

Fire Bar Matt

It’s opening week for the MLB, I for one are very excited to see the season kick off after the 100 day owner implemented lock out earlier in the year. There’s been a major rule change with the DH now becoming universal in both leagues which will have some impact on inter league and WS games. Some high profile trades, Freddie Freeman going to my beloved Dodgers and Matt Olson from the A’s to WS champs Atlanta, just mention a few. 
It’s a mega weekend of sport over the next few days, with the MLB being a big part of it, then there’s F1 in Aus, MotoGP at COTA in Austin, The Masters at Augusta and Indycar in Longbeach, I may struggle to get off the couch 555

My prediction, a Dodgers vs Red Sox World Series come October. 

5 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

I'd guess with Toronto coming out of the AL to the Series

I’ve heard they’re potentially moving to the AL Central, not coming out of the AL. 

Also teams  will be banned from ‘shifting’ in 2023 which should be very interesting. 

Also the NBA regular season will be over this weekend and the playoffs will begin.  In about 2 weeks we'll have the NFL draft.

5 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

In about 2 weeks we'll have the NFL draft.

Taking place inside the football stadium in Vegas this year. Amazing how the NFL draft has gotten so huge over the years.

On 09/04/2022 at 02:06, WhiteThai said:

Taking place inside the football stadium in Vegas this year. Amazing how the NFL draft has gotten so huge over the years.

I don't think that's right. Pretty sure the NFL Draft is taking place on the Strip - I was told (and read) in front of the Bellagio fountains.

They are blocking off traffic and it sounds like it could be a logistical nightmare for people trying to get into that area....as I will need to do on Friday and Saturday for an event at MGM! 555

8 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

A good 1st game for Clayton Kershaw.  Seven innings pitched, no hits or walks and 13 strikeouts.

Perfect game thru 7, but he hit his pitch count, so Dodgers manager pulled him rather than risk injury.

8 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I don't think that's right. Pretty sure the NFL Draft is taking place on the Strip - I was told (and read) in front of the Bellagio fountains.

They are blocking off traffic and it sounds like it could be a logistical nightmare for people trying to get into that area....as I will need to do on Friday and Saturday for an event at MGM! 555

Upon further digging, you are right sir, my mistake. I got my info from this site who has it wrong.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2022/04/12/nfl-draft-2022-what-to-know/7293075001/

On 14/04/2022 at 09:15, Luv2Phuket said:

Perfect game thru 7, but he hit his pitch count, so Dodgers manager pulled him rather than risk injury.

One of the best pitched games that I remember when I was young turned into a loss for the starting pitcher.  Harvey Haddix who pitched for the Pirates had a perfect game thru 9 innings against the Braves in 1959.  Unfortunately his team failed to score so it went into extra innings.  He still had a perfect game thru 12 innings but lost the game in the 13th when the Braves scored.

Regarding Las Vegas, they're hosting the Super Bowl in 2024.  What are the chances of the Raiders following in the footsteps of the Bucs and Rams and playing in their home field during the Super Bowl that year?

3 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Regarding Las Vegas, they're hosting the Super Bowl in 2024.  What are the chances of the Raiders following in the footsteps of the Bucs and Rams and playing in their home field during the Super Bowl that year?

It's funny because it never happened before, now it has happened back-to-back.

As for the Raiders chances....eh....let's see how Derek Carr looks under Josh McDaniels, especially come crunch time.

46 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

It's funny because it never happened before, now it has happened back-to-back.

As for the Raiders chances....eh....let's see how Derek Carr looks under Josh McDaniels, especially come crunch time.

Actually, I'm surprised Josh McDaniel, hasn't quit yet...:Laugh1:

• Haha 2

On 14/04/2022 at 23:06, usexpat46 said:

A good 1st game for Clayton Kershaw.  Seven innings pitched, no hits or walks and 13 strikeouts.

When does Trevor Bauer start ? 😁

• Haha 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

This is great news I hope they are successful. the commissioner should have reversed this at once. Joyce is a piece of shit umpire. He admitted he missed the call and the video clearly showed that he blew it. But the piece of shit commissioner would not reverse the call.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/monmouth-university-law-class-tries-112924413.html

babydollsaddict.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing posted on this feat so I'll post.  The other day Miguel Cabrera of the Tigers became the 33rd player to achieve 3000 hits in a career.  He is also only the 7th player that also had 500 or more home runs among those 33 players.

On 19/04/2022 at 17:09, Soi7 said:

When does Trevor Bauer start ? 😁

Sometime in 2024....:Laugh1:

7 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Nothing posted on this feat so I'll post.  The other day Miguel Cabrera of the Tigers became the 33rd player to achieve 3000 hits in a career.  He is also only the 7th player that also had 500 or more home runs among those 33 players.

And the only player in the history of the game to have 3000 hits 500 home runs and has won a Triple Crown.

It will be a long while before somebody else gets 3,000 hits there are some guys that are not far away but they're 38 and 39 years old and they're three or four seasons away from getting there but their chances of playing that much longer are not good. No telling how many Cabrera will end up with I just hope he surpasses George Brett that whining  little prick

babydollsaddict.gif

3 hours ago, Soi7 said:

And the only player in the history of the game to have 3000 hits 500 home runs and has won a Triple Crown.

It will be a long while before somebody else gets 3,000 hits there are some guys that are not far away but they're 38 and 39 years old and they're three or four seasons away from getting there but their chances of playing that much longer are not good. No telling how many Cabrera will end up with I just hope he surpasses George Brett that whining  little prick

If not for the shorten covid season and last year's injury, Mike Trout would have done it.  Now it might not happen unless he plays into his 40's.

The next best chance is Manny Machado as he is about 50% there on Hits (1456) and HR's (254) with only 10+ years under his belt so far.

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

If not for the shorten covid season and last year's injury, Mike Trout would have done it.  Now it might not happen unless he plays into his 40's.

The next best chance is Manny Machado as he is about 50% there on Hits (1456) and HR's (254) with only 10+ years under his belt so far.

Three other players came close in the past.  Babe Ruth missed 3000 hits because he began as a pitcher with Boston and didn't get many at bats his first few years in the majors.  Then the Iron Horse (Lou Gehrig) came down with ALS and had to retire at age 36.  The other who was short on the 3000 hits was Ted Williams who missed 3 years during WWII after batting over .400 the prior year and then missed another 2 years during the Korean War.

• Like 1

Then there is the great Roberto Clemente, who died in an off season plane crash while delivering rescue supplies to earthquake victims in Nicaragua. He finished his career with exactly 3,000 hits.

Here is an interesting Stat My Tigers tied for worst record in MLB But............................... They have the best bullpen in all of MLB with a 2.12 combined ERA. 

And whats with the Dodgers pulling Kershaw in the 6th inning a couple of starts ago when he had a perfect game up to that point and only threw 80 pitches as well. Next start he looked good again for  his 6 innings VS Detroit again they pull him and the guy that came in to relieve him Philips could not get 3 outs and gave the game to detroit.

Pitchers are coddled far too much now days yea yea I know gee we do not want to have them hurt their arm because we pay them millions of dollars.

Gaylord Perry had a few games of pitching 10 innings or more and one game of 16 innings. They do not make them like him anymore.

Nice business plan lets Pay them more than ever and then play them less and less. 

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

Here is an interesting Stat My Tigers tied for worst record in MLB But............................... They have the best bullpen in all of MLB with a 2.12 combined ERA. 

And whats with the Dodgers pulling Kershaw in the 6th inning a couple of starts ago when he had a perfect game up to that point and only threw 80 pitches as well. Next start he looked good again for  his 6 innings VS Detroit again they pull him and the guy that came in to relieve him Philips could not get 3 outs and gave the game to detroit.

Pitchers are coddled far too much now days yea yea I know gee we do not want to have them hurt their arm because we pay them millions of dollars.

Gaylord Perry had a few games of pitching 10 innings or more and one game of 16 innings. They do not make them like him anymore.

Nice business plan lets Pay them more than ever and then play them less and less. 

That is an interesting stat about the Tigers.

I agree with the coddling of the pitchers and all the players, however they are being paid multi-millions of dollars annually and are being treated like race horses now.

The reason Kershaw was pulled is all of MLB had a shortened Spring Training due to the MLB lockout.  None of the pitchers in the league were able to build up their innings in Spring Training so most were under a very strict pitch count.

Yes, he could have probably gone one more inning but the fact is he would never been able to close the game, so the entire point was mute.

This is why MLB allowed each team to carry 28 players for several weeks to keep more pitchers on the staff to help with the innings the starters would be lacking due to not pitching enough in Spring Training.

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

Don't be so hard on your Tigers.  Actually the Reds have the worst record in MLB.  They went 3-18 for April for the worst record ever for the month of April.

3 hours ago, Soi7 said:

The video linked in this article of the final play in a late-April loss to the Twins is well worth watching....or maybe not! 555

https://sports.yahoo.com/ugly-ending-twins-walk-off-035319004.html