Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

City Center Residence

SirL

13 hours ago, geezerrb said:

Well,my booking at CCR has been cancelled 10 days out from arrival by them, now staying at Soi 15 with Booking.com paying the difference.

Why did they cancel?

And who is "they"/

1 hour ago, kevin2013 said:

Why did they cancel?

And who is "they"/

The reason given to Booking.com was "Closure", which is ludicrous given the size of the development which has many privately owned condos.

By "they" it is the management letting condos in the development they own and those they manage on behalf of individual owners.

The real reason for cancelling is anyone's guess, possibly just overbooking. The price I got when booked in May was really low so they may have just let it for a higher rate. It probably did me a favour as it was advertised as 1 bed but then turned out to be a small studio and I noticed in the booking conditions "bed linen and towels available at additional cost"!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

The reason given to Booking.com was "Closure", which is ludicrous given the size of the development which has many privately owned condos.

By "they" it is the management letting condos in the development they own and those they manage on behalf of individual owners.

The real reason for cancelling is anyone's guess, possibly just overbooking. The price I got when booked in May was really low so they may have just let it for a higher rate. It probably did me a favour as it was advertised as 1 bed but then turned out to be a small studio and I noticed in the booking conditions "bed linen and towels available at additional cost"!

yeah, the owner  got offered more money and could be for a longer rental period  quite possibly  independently of booking.com

Edited by striderman
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Sounds like despite the hassle, it's worked out better for you, did I read your post correctly & Booking.Com are covering the extra you're having to pay for the replacement accommodation?  

28 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

The price I got when booked in May was really low so they may have just let it for a higher rate.

This is one of the annoying things about Booking.com, AirBnB or any of those kind of booking sites (anywhere, not just Pattaya).  You're not actually getting a firm booking you can rely on, particularly if you've negotiated the price down a bit from the headline asking price.  The other side is able to cancel the booking at any time, even close to your arrival time.  Just getting whatever you've paid up to then back isn't enough IMO, because you'll have to hunt around at short notice for somewhere else, that may not suit you as well or be at a higher price.  They can cancel it, but maybe you can't (depending on conditions).

2 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

Sounds like despite the hassle, it's worked out better for you, did I read your post correctly & Booking.Com are covering the extra you're having to pay for the replacement accommodation?  

Yes, they are! and I have it in writing they will refund the difference after the holiday is completed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirL said:

This is one of the annoying things about Booking.com, AirBnB or any of those kind of booking sites (anywhere, not just Pattaya).  You're not actually getting a firm booking you can rely on, particularly if you've negotiated the price down a bit from the headline asking price.  The other side is able to cancel the booking at any time, even close to your arrival time.  Just getting whatever you've paid up to then back isn't enough IMO, because you'll have to hunt around at short notice for somewhere else, that may not suit you as well or be at a higher price.  They can cancel it, but maybe you can't (depending on conditions).

As already posted it has worked out in my favour as I am staying in a condo in Soi 15 right next to the action and Booking.com are refunding the difference. It was hassle only 10 days from arrival but I believe I have come out the winner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geezerrb said:

Wow. That is pretty far out. If you are going through an agency, you are pretty much guaranteed to get "what is a available." If you go through a private owner, you will get the exact unit. I generally don't book further than 1-1.5 months out, even as close as 1 week.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Wow. That is pretty far out. If you are going through an agency, you are pretty much guaranteed to get "what is a available." If you go through a private owner, you will get the exact unit. I generally don't book further than 1-1.5 months out, even as close as 1 week.

I booked it in May because it was a really good price, as I already stated in this case using Booking.com has worked in my favour as they are making up the difference in price from the original condo to what the alternative is. Even if you deal with a private owner there is no guarantee they will not cancel you if they get a better price or a longer or extended rental.

• Like 1