IGNORED

City Center Residence

SirL

I'm starting to get into gear to visit Pattaya again.  The town has changed, being now centred on Buakhao and around there, so I'm thinking of AirBnBing in City Center Residence near soi Bongkot.  I've never stayed in that part of town before.
a) is there a door to enter the complex from the northwest, which would be a shorter route to get in? Is the only route in via those big doors to the southeast?
b) in which directions is the view outwards better, if you got a condo facing outwards?
c) where amongst the buildings do you think the best condos are located, which deserve a higher rent?
d) what other tips would you give someone new to those condos?

Edited by SirL

Yes there is a back exit/entrance facing NW. That should give you the shortest route possible to 3rd road.  It looked like it required an electronic security card as I recall.  No idea if that is available to AirBnB users or not.  I walked by it so that is how I know about it.  Not because I stayed there. 

I did walk into the place to look around.  The gym was pretty small but that is no different than many other condos.  Some of the rooms I saw on the ground floor looked really really small, so I would ask about the size when you are looking for a place in there.  It could potentally be a bit noisy around the neighborhood with barking dogs or whatever, so I personally would want to get a place facing inward towards the pool.

It's not a bad location but it's still a bit of a walk to anywhere.  There are some convenience stores around but no full blown supermarkets or malls nearby.  I would consider it if the price is right and the room is not too small.  I don't think I would want to stay in one of those tiny rooms at any price.

Edited by Kale

1 hour ago, Kale said:

It's not a bad location but it's still a bit of a walk to anywhere.

Thanks for the reply.  As for the location, supposing I wanted a modern (ie built in the last 10y) condo with a big nice pool and a simple gym (I'm not a keen gym user), what other big modern condo options are there no further than CCR from LKMetro heading outwards ie southeastwards from LKM?  I've never stayed in this area before (always on the bb route) but perhaps the changes in the town mean I'll change where I live.

When staying in a condo, I usually have groceries delivered by Tesco Metro, and for me I reckon the Big C on Central Rd is within walking distance of CCR.

Is this the all-important back entrance to the northwest?

Back.thumb.jpg.7e56e574e94d6030d01cc7f282bb647a.jpg

Edited by SirL

1 hour ago, SirL said:

Thanks for the reply.  As for the location, supposing I wanted a modern (ie built in the last 10y) condo with a big nice pool and a simple gym (I'm not a keen gym user), what other big modern condo options are there no further than CCR from LKMetro heading outwards ie southeastwards from LKM?  I've never stayed in this area before (always on the bb route) but perhaps the changes in the town mean I'll change where I live.

When staying in a condo, I usually have groceries delivered by Tesco Metro, and for me I reckon the Big C on Central Rd is within walking distance of CCR.

Is this the all-important back entrance to the northwest?

Back.thumb.jpg.7e56e574e94d6030d01cc7f282bb647a.jpg

There might be another door further down that same wall on the same street but not sure.  

If you want something closer to Buakao, that was built recently, then you should check out Grand Avenue. 

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/pattaya-bormon-resort.en-gb.html

https://www.thailand-property.com/condo/12959/grand-avenue-residence

I think Soi 15 is torn up right now while they add drainage.  There was a thread on this board somewhere about it.  That was a couple months ago.  Not sure how that is progressing.  

Edited by Kale

Thanks for reply.  I've stayed in Soi 15 condos before, the Avenue and the Urban, and yes Grand Avenue is another option, which I don't think had been completed last time I was around there.  I think I remember seeing half-completed GA from my Avenue condo balcony in about 2017(?)

All of these are options, and I need to think about what price they are, and how much I'll be going to WS and s6, which depends upon how much they recover.  At the moment I'm just working out what the options are to investigate further.  I think I prefer the new modern sort of big condo block with pool and gym to some of the smaller buildings around Boomerang and Lengkee.  I think the CCR gym above the pool looks fun to use.

Thanks for help, and reminding me that yes Soi 15 sounds like its got major roadworks now.

I did of course mean Tesco Lotus three posts above this, which apparently is now just called Lotus(?)

I took a look at city center residence 3 or 4 years ago. Nice pool area, but otherwise I didn’t like it. I thought the units themselves had the feel of being cheaply constructed. As for the location, if you have transport it’s maybe ok. If not you’re faced with crossing third road on foot. Also, I remember some complaints on TripAdvisor or the like of people arriving to find a condo that hadn’t been cleaned , but of course that’s down to the owner/agency I suppose. 

For me the attraction of CCR is all about the centre of gravity of Pattaya having moved to the Buakhao area.  CCR is within easy distance from that, and I'm hoping CCR would be cheaper than the Soi 15 condos.  Crossing Third Rd on foot obviously is a negative for CCR.  I'm interested in big modern condo blocks with pool/gym within walking range of Buakhao/LKM.  It's harder to get from CCR to WS or s6, so whether CCR is the right place to live depends on how much those two recover and how much I might go to them.  The situation has perhaps changed in the last 3 or 4 years, if the Buakhao area is becoming the most important for nightlife.

Edited by SirL

Nova Atrium might be worth a look. Definitely a better development than CCR,  though might be more expensive for short term rental. Obviously further from LK Metro, but only about a 20 minute walk AND no Third Road to cross. Closer to Soi 6 if you end up spending time there.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Grand Avenue beats them all...except on price IMO...but I'm biased!

CCR is convenient for the 2 branches of expat food outlets............Fever. there is a 7/11 not too far away but otherwise it is near nothing in particular.

1 hour ago, striderman said:

CCR is convenient for the 2 branches of expat food outlets............Fever. there is a 7/11 not too far away but otherwise it is near nothing in particular.

Thanks for reply, though it's maybe a little harsh(?)  CCR is I think the closest big modern condo block to High Rollers and Bake'n'Brew - maybe the centre of gravity of the town is shifting that way(??)  

Grand Avenue also looks well worth getting to know, it's new since I last thought about condos.  At first glance it appears CCR is about half the rent of GA (as you'd expect for a lesser location), I need to check this more.  Maybe the CCR pool and gym are slightly more tempting than those of GA?  I never found the pool and gym of The Avenue tempting enough to actually use.  More research required, I'm just gathering ideas, thanks for the suggestions guys.  More thoughts welcome.

i don't know your expected arrival dates. Soi 15 where  the avenue condo is......... pretty much a no no right now. but that will change.  the road works will finish there at some stage and move on to the section of Soi 15 that includes Centara and Grand Avenue. impossible to estimate exactly that date even for those running the project you will still be able to get in and out but daytime noise will be a factor. i am familiar with CCR to it's location and  as you say it is not that far to bake n brew and high rollers. you pay the money and take your choice but i would not select it for a holiday

@SirL have you thought of Diana estate? Older condos but the Diana oasis rooms are all re modelled it's got a big & small swimming pool & a basic but usable gym.

Directly opposite treetown, for me it's the best most convenient location in town.

You could also shoot Meow an email, she has many rooms to rent in Diana & might have a room to your liking.

www.diana-estate-pattaya-rentals.com   is Meows website

Edited by Baxidar ba

7 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

@SirL have you thought of Diana estate? Older condos but the Diana oasis rooms are all re modelled it's got a big & small swimming pool & a basic but usable gym.

Directly opposite Treetown, for me it's the best most convenient location in town.

You could also shoot Meow an email, she has many rooms to rent in Diana & might have a room to your liking.

OP asked for newer developments which Diana is most definitely not.  Never liked that place.  Always found it overpriced for what you get which is old worn date looking rooms.  Pretty much the opposite of what OP is looking for and I don't blame them. 

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kale said:

There is much better stuff around that area than Diana imo.  Never liked that place.  Always found it overpriced for what you get which is old worn date looking rooms.

That's great, always good to have options. So for a similar price & location, could you name a few of these places that are better than Diana then please?

4 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

That's great, always good to have options. So for a similar price & location, could you name a few of these places that are better than Diana then please?

center condo is 10 baht on a baht bus away. greatly improved in the last 8 years. 4 baht bus routes. to sukhumvit. to north pattaya or jomtien and also buakaow to LK Metro / tree town

57 minutes ago, striderman said:

within about 3 mins walk of CCR

That road is probably one of the most dangerous in Pattaya for walking.  Use google street view and see for yourself if you don't believe me.  No problem if you have a motorbike though.  You can take back alleys to avoid it but there may be some soi dogs around that will try harass you.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kale said:

That road is probably one of the worst in Pattaya for walking.  Use google street view and see for yourself if you don't believe me.  No problem if you have a motorbike though.  You can take back alleys to avoid it but there may be some soi dogs around that will try harass you.

i do more walking  (and every day ) than most. outside of  south to north pattaya  i'm  no good  and certainly the dark side i have little info. but the main area i know very well. as far as soi dogs go only 1 time i had a problem maybe 9 years ago. so it's very rare, and i chased him off with a direct hit with a glass coke bottle. the soi dogs are no threat to most tourists.

I walked to this condo for a nosey, pre-covid. They had on site rental facility. Rooms were ok but weirdly microwave not allowed.

No washing machines on site too. Didn't like the walk to it - dogs, twisty roads, poorly lit, dusty and would dirty my trainers lol. 

Felt a downgrade from the Base, for my needs. I would like to try centric sea as i need baht bus when getting home.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2022 at 01:05, taylor1975 said:

I walked to this condo for a nosey, pre-covid. They had on site rental facility. Rooms were ok but weirdly microwave not allowed.

No washing machines on site too. Didn't like the walk to it - dogs, twisty roads, poorly lit, dusty and would dirty my trainers lol. 

Felt a downgrade from the Base, for my needs. I would like to try centric sea as i need baht bus when getting home.

Heard only bad things about Centric Sea. Unfriendly security who fine you for every little thing, rooms like prison cells etc..

I've never seen anyone use the back entrance to this place, I'm pretty sure you have to go out the front.

• 1 month later...
On 04/04/2022 at 20:05, taylor1975 said:

Microwave in CCR

IMG_20180124_162421690.jpg