Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

City Center Residence

SirL

2 hours ago, bullseye said:

Microwave in CCR

IMG_20180124_162421690.jpg

on site rental facility?

Just booked this for November, I know where it is a little out the center (despite the condo title) but I do intend having a m/bike as I will be using the holiday to view condos for my move to Pattaya in 2023.

I will report on CCR stay and will be grateful for any input on possible places for retirement, found a possible at The Urban but may not be available in 2023. 

On 04/04/2022 at 23:39, Baxidar ba said:

@SirL have you thought of Diana estate? Older condos but the Diana oasis rooms are all re modelled it's got a big & small swimming pool & a basic but usable gym.

Directly opposite Treetown, for me it's the best most convenient location in town.

You could also shoot Meow an email, she has many rooms to rent in Diana & might have a room to your liking.

www.diana-estate-pattaya-rentals.com   is Meows website

pang maak maak

are you Meows husband?

Am I worthy of being a Soi Prisoner you tell me?

Zero to Hero

What about Centara or is going by some other name mentioned in here?  I have never stayed there, but I think I like what I have seen of it(rooms that open right onto pool especially) and it very close to LK Metro.

27 minutes ago, rioman said:

What about Centara or is going by some other name mentioned in here?  I have never stayed there, but I think I like what I have seen of it(rooms that open right onto pool especially) and it very close to LK Metro.

The only Centaras I can think of in Pattaya are in Wongamat so no where near LK Metro.

Centara Grand (6k+ per night, great pool & nice treat for the GF's birthday but I personally wouldn't stay there again) & the COSI hotel across the road (700THB per night, I could walk there in 20 minutes & I would still happily pay to stay there again).

Are you sure you don't mean LK Metropole (not recommended) or Areca Lodge (Highly Recommended)?

31 minutes ago, rioman said:

It is a good location as is Grand Avenue but availability for short term is very limited and I have noticed that rental prices are ramping up even long term also there is a warning thread about the major (road closing) drainage works that are progressing towards that section of Soi 15 which could take months?

7 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

The only Centaras I can think of in Pattaya are in Wongamat so no where near LK Metro.

Centara Grand (6k+ per night, great pool & nice treat for the GF's birthday but I personally wouldn't stay there again) & the COSI hotel across the road (700THB per night, I could walk there in 20 minutes & I would still happily pay to stay there again).

Are you sure you don't mean LK Metropole (not recommended) or Areca Lodge (Highly Recommended)?

Centara Azure hotel and condo complex is on Soi 15 right next to Soi Boomerang.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

there is a Centara in Soi 15 opposite grand avenue condo. it is Centara Azure. it is close to LK Metro. however it really depends on the dates for your trip Geezerrb. you should check the thread in hotels and accommodation in pattaya section regarding major drainage work in Soi 15. right now Centara is about 40 mtrs from the work front

Edited by striderman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Centara Azure hotel and condo complex is on Soi 15 right next to Soi Boomerang.

Thanks for that, I was scratching my head about a Centara hotel near LK but now realise we're talking about condos!!!

There's plenty of condos to choose from so I wouldn't worry about finding one when you move here, personally I would never stay in a condo that allows short term stay nor would I stay in the city center (far too much temptation) but to each his own :) 

Edited by Just Browsing

Just now, Just Browsing said:

Thanks for that, I was scratching my head about a Centara hotel near LK but now realise we're talking about condos!!!

There's plenty of condos to choose from so I wouldn't worry about finding one when you move here, personally I would never stay in a condo that allows short term stay but nor would I stay in the city center (far too much temptation) but to each his own :) 

it is a hotel. it also has condos at the back

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Just Browsing said:

There's plenty of condos to choose from so I wouldn't worry about finding one when you move here, personally I would never stay in a condo that allows short term stay but nor would I stay in the city center (far too much temptation) but to each his own :) 

It is both a hotel and condos.

1 minute ago, striderman said:

it is a hotel. it also has condos at the back

Beat me to it, by the way many thanks for all your input, your knowledge of Patts is first class help.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, geezerrb said:

It is both a hotel and condos.

You live & learn - I'll have to check it out the next time the GF goes home to visit the family & I go on a mad one in town :)  

3 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

You live & learn - I'll have to check it out the next time the GF goes home to visit the family & I go on a mad one in town :)  

I have done 28 trips since 2008 (29th coming up) and I still often feel like a "newbie". 

I watched over a few years Centara and Grand Avenue being built from my regular stays at Boomerang Guesthouse, it amazes me that they stand today given how they were built and of course both went bust (more than once I believe)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I have done 28 trips since 2008 (29th coming up) and I still often feel like a "newbie". 

I watched over a few years Centara and Grand Avenue being built from my regular stays at Boomerang Guesthouse, it amazes me that they stand today given how they were built and of course both went bust (more than once I believe)

Funny enough my 1st trip here was in 2008 & after my 1st trip to Thailand I knew it was the place I wanted to retire to (Despite dating a Filipina for 8 years & building a house in Davao). 

12 years working in Singapore meant I could visit at whim & the last 18 months of that saw me setting up a condo in Bangkok & visiting every 2nd weekend.

I still get a sh1t eating grin every time I visit Bangkok (even when I'm on the Pattaya-Bangkok bus :) ) but after 3 years I wanted to be closer to the beach so moved to Wongamat last year. 

What are your timelines for retiring here?

Edited by Just Browsing

6 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

Funny enough my 1st trip here was in 2008 & after my 1st trip to Thailand I knew it was the place I wanted to retire to (Despite dating a Filipina for 8 years & building a house in Davao). 

12 years working in Singapore meant I could visit at whim & the last 18 months of that saw me setting up a condo in Bangkok & visiting every 2nd weekend.

I still get a sh1t eating grin every time I visit Bangkok (even when I'm on the Pattaya-Bangkok bus :) ) but after 3 years I wanted to be closer to the beach so moved to Wongamat last year. 

What are your timelines for retiring here?

I have set my deadline as July-August 2023

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I have set my deadline as July-August 2023

Let the countdown begin :)

Seriously, good luck with your preparations, it's not easy uprooting your life to move to a different continent but more than worth the hassle once it's done. 

As I said, personally I choose not to live in the center (of the madness), my 1st 9 months living in Singapore was at the St Regis which is about 200m away from Orchard Towers so that became my local & I got tired of that lifestyle (though never got tired of the look on the doorman face as I staggered in at 2am with a Vietnamese chick on each arm :P ) so ended up moving out to the East Coast & since then I've always chosen to live on the "Outskirts" (In Bangkok I lived at On Nut, close enough to be in the thick of it in 20 minutes but far enough away so you didn't feel like you had to be in the midst of it all). 

Wherever you decide to live there are bargain condos galore at the moment (I've just agreed a renewal on my place at the 50% discount from the price it was going for Pre-Covid), I did consider Grand Avenue when it was 1st built & have noticed that the 2BR 2BTH unit I looked at now has an asking price of 10K more than when I was looking but after reading reports about the place I wouldn't move there if they were asking 10K less (The basement car park flooding probably being the least of their problems).

10 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

Let the countdown begin :)

Seriously, good luck with your preparations, it's not easy uprooting your life to move to a different continent but more than worth the hassle once it's done. 

As I said, personally I choose not to live in the center (of the madness), my 1st 9 months living in Singapore was at the St Regis which is about 200m away from Orchard Towers so that became my local & I got tired of that lifestyle (though never got tired of the look on the doorman face as I staggered in at 2am with a Vietnamese chick on each arm :P ) so ended up moving out to the East Coast & since then I've always chosen to live on the "Outskirts" (In Bangkok I lived at On Nut, close enough to be in the thick of it in 20 minutes but far enough away so you didn't feel like you had to be in the midst of it all). 

Wherever you decide to live there are bargain condos galore at the moment (I've just agreed a renewal on my place at the 50% discount from the price it was going for Pre-Covid), I did consider Grand Avenue when it was 1st built & have noticed that the 2BR 2BTH unit I looked at now has an asking price of 10K more than when I was looking but after reading reports about the place I wouldn't move there if they were asking 10K less (The basement car park flooding probably being the least of their problems).

Yes flooding just one of the problems hence the major drainage works that have closed the Avenue end of Soi 15 for months now and are apparently are about to move up to where Grande Avenue & Centra hotel/condos are?

By the by it seems the world is smaller than I think, you starting visiting Pattaya in 2008 and using Honey Pot when Al had it, I wonder if our paths ever crossed. Did you ever try Al's Bang Chang bus run?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geezerrb said:

By the by it seems the world is smaller than I think, you starting visiting Pattaya in 2008 and using Honey Pot when Al had it, I wonder if our paths ever crossed. Did you ever try Al's Bang Chang bus run?

Pattaya is a very small world & I'm sure a lot of our paths have crossed many times :)  

It would have been Songkran 2014 when I did the month stay at the Huney Pot, I'd managed to swing a redundancy package from my job in Singapore in December 2013,  was staying with a mate in KL & 6 of us decided to do Pattaya for Songkran... The other guys had to go back to work after 3 days but I stayed for the month, best holiday ever... Sois 7 & 8 were insane, you couldn't walk down them because there were so many people just having a great time.... Happy Days...

I do remember Al doing his Bang Chang van trips & whilst under the influence of Bundaberg  tried to get on one but the bus was full & I never managed to do it... Still on my bucket list of things to do in Pattaya, maybe next time the GF goes home to visit family. 

PS...  What was Al's GF's name? Fon or Fah or something, I just remember her being absolutely stunning & then he traded her in for a new model :P  

Edited by Just Browsing

On 06/06/2022 at 09:39, geezerrb said:

Just booked this for November, I know where it is a little out the center (despite the condo title) but I do intend having a m/bike as I will be using the holiday to view condos for my move to Pattaya in 2023.

I will report on CCR stay and will be grateful for any input on possible places for retirement, found a possible at The Urban but may not be available in 2023. 

If you prefer using a scooter all the time and don't mind dealing with 3rd road traffic then the location is perfectly fine.  If you like walking a lot I would say avoid it.

OP suggested the center of gravity of Pattaya is headed in that direction towards 3rd road.  I think that is true when talking about the ocean side of 3rd road.  So anywhere between Buakao and 3rd road is a pretty good location to be these days imo.  Not the other side of 3rd road though.  At least not yet.  Maybe in a few more years it will be.

Edited by Kale

3 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

Pattaya is a very small world & I'm sure a lot of our paths have crossed many times :)  

It would have been Songkran 2014 when I did the month stay at the Huney Pot, I'd managed to swing a redundancy package from my job in Singapore in December 2013,  was staying with a mate in KL & 6 of us decided to do Pattaya for Songkran... The other guys had to go back to work after 3 days but I stayed for the month, best holiday ever... Sois 7 & 8 were insane, you couldn't walk down them because there were so many people just having a great time.... Happy Days...

I do remember Al doing his Bang Chang van trips & whilst under the influence of Bundaberg  tried to get on one but the bus was full & I never managed to do it... Still on my bucket list of things to do in Pattaya, maybe next time the GF goes home to visit family. 

PS...  What was Al's GF's name? Fon or Fah or something, I just remember her being absolutely stunning & then he traded her in for a new model :P  

I have holidayed every month of the year in Pattaya but have to confess I always avoided Songkran, cannot remember her name but agree she was stunning, I know it knocked Al back when they split.

3 hours ago, Kale said:

If you prefer using a scooter all the time and don't mind dealing with 3rd road traffic then the location is perfectly fine.  If you like walking a lot I would say avoid it.

OP suggested the center of gravity of Pattaya is headed in that direction towards 3rd road.  I think that is true when talking about the ocean side of 3rd road.  So anywhere between Buakao and 3rd road is a pretty good location to be these days imo.  Not the other side of 3rd road though.  At least not yet.  Maybe in a few more years it will be.

Thanks for the advice but most days will be spent scouting by scooter condo situations for the future, I do realise it is the wrong side of 3rd road wouldn't consider living there but have to admit it was so cheap for one month. For nights out it will be Bolt or m/bike taxi.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kale said:

As the OP I agree in principle, but the trouble is that (unless anyone can suggest?) there aren't any of the big modern condo blocks in the area of soi Lengkee/Pothole, on the ocean side of 3rd Rd.  I do like the modern condo blocks that have a gym, pool etc.

I completely agree 3rd Rd traffic means it's difficult to cross, but you can't have everything.  I would rather be on the ocean side of 3rd Rd.

As I asked before "supposing I wanted a modern (ie built in the last 10y) condo with a big nice pool and a simple gym (I'm not a keen gym user), what other big modern condo options are there no further than CCR from LKMetro heading outwards ie southeastwards from LKM?"

The suggestion of Diana Estate was a good one and tempting.  What other big condo blocks exist to AirBnB in, just southeast of LK Metro (ideally on the ocean side of 3rd Rd)?  I'm guessing/hoping that area would be cheaper than the Grand Avenue/Centara kind of places on Soi 15.  The back door of CCR is really not far from LKM, only about 450m as the crow flies.

1 hour ago, SirL said:

As the OP I agree in principle, but the trouble is that (unless anyone can suggest?) there aren't any of the big modern condo blocks in the area of soi Lengkee/Pothole, on the ocean side of 3rd Rd.  I do like the modern condo blocks that have a gym, pool etc.

I completely agree 3rd Rd traffic means it's difficult to cross, but you can't have everything.  I would rather be on the ocean side of 3rd Rd.

As I asked before "supposing I wanted a modern (ie built in the last 10y) condo with a big nice pool and a simple gym (I'm not a keen gym user), what other big modern condo options are there no further than CCR from LKMetro heading outwards ie southeastwards from LKM?"

The suggestion of Diana Estate was a good one and tempting.  What other big condo blocks exist to AirBnB in, just southeast of LK Metro (ideally on the ocean side of 3rd Rd)?  I'm guessing/hoping that area would be cheaper than the Grand Avenue/Centara kind of places on Soi 15.  The back door of CCR is really not far from LKM, only about 450m as the crow flies.

I have searched and searched but for just one month it is difficult, those I did find not only was the monthly rate 20k plus (much plus in most cases) even for a one month stay many still required a 2 month deposit and although my party animal days are behind me there are some "horror stories" about getting the deposit back? Long term is another story, I can only hope they or something similar is available July/Aug 2023 when I become an ex-pat.

7 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

Aon?

• Thanks 1

image.png

There is a brand new high rise place on the ocean side of 3rd road near Klang that does short and long term stays.  They are saying 5 star but doesn't look anywhere near 5 star to me. 

Looks like daily rates start at around 1600b which is not too obscene.  I would have to wonder how guest friendly they would be but being in that location in Pattaya they would pretty much have to be to attract enough business.

https://www.atmindgroup.com/arbourhotelandresidence/

Edited by Kale