IGNORED

Test & Go Hotels in Pattaya

lonestar_tj

On 01/04/2022 at 09:29, king_julian said:

Need an advice from fellow mongers, my flight is arriving on April 26th 6 AM in Swampy,  Do i need to book the day 1 SHA+ hotel for 26th to 27th or   do I need to include 25th as well since it is an early flight.

Thank you in advance.

When I booked my hotel I had to provide

Passport page
Covid Certificate
Insurance Certificate
Flights
  • Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 22:43, Ziplee said:

When it comes to the Test&Go package, I just deal with the hotel direct. It just seems these 3rd party booking sites are just another link that something can get fucked up. YMMV.

tell me about it! mine almost became a nightmare but luckily got sorted out (my new post in Barstool Banter) 

In short, Grand Palazzo hotel + Agoda almost ruined my trip 

On 26/03/2022 at 22:04, lonestar_tj said:

After much wrangling with Agoda they agreed to refund the amount in Agoda Cash.  I was then able to rebook on the correct day, phew!

their customer service thru email is so annoying and frustrating when trying to sort out an urgent issue. i think im done with Agoda, time to find a new travel superportal....expedia or travelocity maybe 

On 29/03/2022 at 00:43, bangna said:

I got that but was surprised so much was needed to book the hotel. It is almost duplicating the TP requirement. 

check my post in Barstool Banter; its about the workflow of ThaiPass process. But yea everything you upload onto ThaiPass you will need to submit to the hotel as well, only then they can confirm your booking to ThaiPass. 

On 29/03/2022 at 02:02, Bazle said:

I won't pretend properly to understand the process, but it seems like the Thai Pass is not issued until the hotel is contacted, and has confirmed your booking. So maybe, to ensure you are the same person, they ask for the same information.

Exactamundo, you are right sir! 

On 01/04/2022 at 12:04, BeachBeer said:

Those are the current requirements if you arrive in March. 

On April 1st, the requirements change and a pre-flight PCR test isn't needed.  Presumably this requirement won't be added back for May.

On May 1st the requirements will likely change again, but haven't been announced.  I think they're waiting till after Songkran to decide on the new requirements for May 1st.  Some speculation is that the PCR test on arrival requirement will be dropped or replaced with an rapid antigen test.  And that could mean that the  first night in a SHA+ requirement might be dropped as well?

I arrive on May 15th.  I'm not going to book the SHA+ hotel, fill out Test&GO requirements, etc. until after the requirements for May are announced sometime in April.  That still gives me few weeks (maybe a month) to sort out those final details.

Authorities have already hinted at no change in requirements until June. That is, test & go will stay until June. 

Thailand has record # of cases right now, or close to record, and public is firmly in the lets not rush to open camp. So despite all the pleading by powerful lobbies such chamber of commerce etc, govt said NO. 

June is when they plan on changing status to Endemic rather than Pandemic. And thats when Test & Go will go away. 

But yea in your case you can wait till start of May to get everything together regardless. 

On 01/04/2022 at 13:59, king_julian said:

Need an advice from fellow mongers, my flight is arriving on April 26th 6 AM in Swampy,  Do i need to book the day 1 SHA+ hotel for 26th to 27th or   do I need to include 25th as well since it is an early flight.

Thank you in advance.

hmm thats a curveball; as check in is still 2-3pm for hotels; ask the hotel as theyll be the ones picking you up. Id say 26-27 as its Day 1 Test & Go package. 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2022 at 09:29, king_julian said:

Thank you in advance.

These aren’t normal bookings. Usual check-in and check-out times don’t apply.

You give your flight details to the hotel and they’ll book you as required. 

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

ill just paste my post from another thread here regarding all this test & go madness: 

A-One Star hotel is the hotel I ended up booking for my Day 1 SHA+ Test & Go Package today (read my angry rant below 😐🥵); it is also the cheapest hotel package available in Pattaya (I verified it on 2-3 sites). Booked it today, received an email within hours from their Reservations person asking me for passport, vaccine cert etc. 

Learning about the ThaiPass workflow as I go -

1. submit ThaiPass application 

2. thaipass contacts the SHA+ hotel for a Confirmation Page - the hotel is actually responsible for checking you have your vaccination, Insurance, and lastly verify your passport info. 

3. hotel at this point emails you to send those documents to them to generate that Confirmation Page. 

4. hotel sends the Confirmation Page to ThaiPass, which then generate your QR code. 

🥰Im recommending A-One Star hotel as all this was done expeditiously - in a matter of hours I submitted my docs to them, received ThaiPass QR Code in total 4-5 hrs of booking A-One. 

$140 for Test & Go whereas it was $200 for almost every other hotel

🥵🙄😐AVOID piece of shit Grand Palazzo hotel Pattaya!!! So I had booked them for Test & Go as I mentioned in my earlier post, on Friday. I got email this morning saying MY THAIPASS HAS BEEN REJECTED! I couldnt even take a shit lol I was so anxious as ThaiPass is the LAST step for a trip to LoS. 

The fucking idiots working at Grand Palazzo DID NOT RESPOND TO THAIPASS REQUEST FOR CONFIRMATION - FOR 30 FCKING HOURS (the email ThaiPass sent me said exactly that - the hotel did not respond for over 30 hrs so they cancelled my application!!) 

Luckily my booking with Grand Piece-of-Shit-lazzo was refundable on Agoda! Immediately cancelled it, and booked A-One instead. I mean how incompetent does a hotel staff have to be in the most touristy city on the planet to not pay attention to doing tasks like these! Especially at a time when hotels are dying for any tourism and these Test & Go hotels can charge through the nose for the package 1 day stay.

If my booking was non refundable, the hotel can choose to ignore my emails (yes ofcourse I contacted them), Id be screwed out of $200, and meanwhile ThaiPass cant be approved so trip is screwed too. 

🙃🙂 But, All's well now. Everything booked, arranged, approved. Next week I celebrate like a mofo! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

These aren’t normal bookings. Usual check-in and check-out times don’t apply.

You give your flight details to the hotel and they’ll book you as required. 

Yup, this really depends on the hotel you book. I arrive on the same flight and time (11:20 pm) for my last and this upcoming trip, 2 different Test and Go hotels, and received 2 different check-in dates (previously check-in date as the next day, and the upcoming the check-in date will be the same as arrival date). No matter, as long as the pick-up time and date from the hotel is correct, that is most important.

Thank you for all your help, I got the confirmation from the hotel and it seems there is no need to book an additional day for early check in.  let me work on the thai pass now Phew... ( the things I need to do to visit Pattaya 🙂 )

1 hour ago, king_julian said:

Thank you for all your help, I got the confirmation from the hotel and it seems there is no need to book an additional day for early check in.  let me work on the thai pass now Phew... ( the things I need to do to visit Pattaya 🙂 )

Once you have the required documents in jpeg or png form the application is straightforward.

I needed passport copy, vaccination certificates inc. QR codes, insurance certificate, hotel booking and e-visa as I was going for more than 30 days. Most of these I had already submitted in booking the hotel.

• Like 1

I booked Test n Go at the Golden Sea,  Pattaya, its on the recommended list on Thai pass form, for 3 of us(separate rooms) total 13,000thb,  I had a separate confirmation for each of us so was simple to upload for each pass, Thai pass received for all 3 in a day or two, bring on the 18thApril, its been a long 2 years...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In Pattaya now.  The process was very smooth,  Immigration lines were fast and efficient.  Just needed to printout my Thailand pass and present my passport.  Even though Test and Go had been cancelled I still had my package.  Flipper house had me picked up at the airport, no quarantine necessary I was able to go out that night.  The next morning Flipper house got my PCR test fee refunded from Agoada.  Very nice and efficient staff at that hotel.  Staying on Soi Bukaow now, so far the experience has been very positive.