IGNORED

Test & Go Hotels in Pattaya

lonestar_tj

I booked my trip to Pattaya for May  1-15.  I have started to navigate the Test and Go proceedure.  How have you guys found a Test & Go hotel?  Are all the packages 5000+ bhat?  How did you choose your health insurance?

ty

Also this thread

I spoke too soon, I put the correct dates in Agoda's website but the booking was one day off in the email they sent me.  Ok, I will just change the dates as I have just booked this and Agoda allows free cancellation for 24 hours.  Nope, website informs me that the dates cannot be changed and the booking in non-refundable.  What a cluster-f*ck!  I am on with support now, be warned!

29 minutes ago, lonestar_tj said:

I have just booked this and Agoda allows free cancellation for 24 hours

When it comes to the Test&Go package, I just deal with the hotel direct. It just seems these 3rd party booking sites are just another link that something can get fucked up. YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ziplee said:

When it comes to the Test&Go package, I just deal with the hotel direct. It just seems these 3rd party booking sites are just another link that something can get fucked up. YMMV.

Biggest issue is the hotel certificate as this has to go into Thai Pass. The website is hooked into Agoda and I just went that direction

Flipper house asked me for my documentation, I emailed them copies of my passport, vacination cert, Arline ticket and Insurance policy.  I will update the thread with the results.  Still 5 weeks out so plenty of time to sort the Thailand Pass out.

I just tried to book an ASQ hotel and was surprised they wanted uploads of vax certificate, ticket and insurance, I assumed that would be required later when I applied for Thai Pass.

I need hotel to apply for tourist visa and visa to apply for TP.

21 minutes ago, bangna said:

I just tried to book an ASQ hotel and was surprised they wanted uploads of vax certificate, ticket and insurance, I assumed that would be required later when I applied for Thai Pass.

I need hotel to apply for tourist visa and visa to apply for TP.

Yes, it is a bit circular! 

You need the flights and hotel before you can get the Thailand Pass. 

9 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Yes, it is a bit circular! 

You need the flights and hotel before you can get the Thailand Pass. 

I got that but was surprised so much was needed to book the hotel. It is almost duplicating the TP requirement. 

1 hour ago, bangna said:

I got that but was surprised so much was needed to book the hotel. It is almost duplicating the TP requirement. 

I won't pretend properly to understand the process, but it seems like the Thai Pass is not issued until the hotel is contacted, and has confirmed your booking. So maybe, to ensure you are the same person, they ask for the same information.

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

I won't pretend properly to understand the process, but it seems like the Thai Pass is not issued until the hotel is contacted, and has confirmed your booking. So maybe, to ensure you are the same person, they ask for the same information.

That is correct.

The hotel needs this information so they can organise for your RT-PCR test on arrival.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

39 minutes ago, rickyt said:

That is correct.

The hotel needs this information so they can organise for your RT-PCR test on arrival.

Just to add on here from my personal experience of taking PCR test at the hotel 2:15 am: 

I didn’t have the Morchana App loaded before my arrival:  was then asked to download and of course my Apple password didn’t work: had to reset: 28 hrs of stress:  This last part I could have easily avoided:

Your place may or may not require this App:

Mine Did! 

52 minutes ago, Jake2b said:

Just to add on here from my personal experience of taking PCR test at the hotel 2:15 am: 

I didn’t have the Morchana App loaded before my arrival:  was then asked to download and of course my Apple password didn’t work: had to reset: 28 hrs of stress:  This last part I could have easily avoided:

Your place may or may not require this App:

Mine Did! 

Also took my pcr test today at 2am and still waiting on my result. My hotel didn’t ask for me to download morchana but at Incheon there was a sign stating what’s required - one of it was to download morchana. So while in line, I’d installed the app and entered my info. I got an invalid response. Now panicking and not knowing if this will affect my journey to Patts. Got to the counter, handed the lady all of my paperwork and explained to her my situation with the app. Instantly, she waved her hand and said “no need”. It seems like morchana is required and not required at the same time, TIT.

I booked Amari Pattaya through Agoda for the end of April.

It was very easy and straight forward.

I received an email from the hotel the following day asking for my flight information.

They responded with confirmation of my transportation and what gate to meet at, including contact information.

They never asked me for anything else (passport, vaccine records, insurance, etc).

It sounds like each hotel has their own protocols.

• Like 2

The next phase of the process is complete.  I applied for Thailand pass provided jpgs of all my documents, passport, covid vaccine card, insurance (I purchased a 15 day policy for 1100 bhat).  Thailand Pass was approved within 12 hours.  The last step will be to get a PCR test 3 days before departure.  I am not sure if they mean the test 3 days before departure (if the results are delayed that would be bad) or PCR test results dating 3 days before my departure.  What are other members experiences?

ty

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, lonestar_tj said:

The next phase of the process is complete.  I applied for Thailand pass provided jpgs of all my documents, passport, covid vaccine card, insurance (I purchased a 15 day policy for 1100 bhat).  Thailand Pass was approved within 12 hours.  The last step will be to get a PCR test 3 days before departure.  I am not sure if they mean the test 3 days before departure (if the results are delayed that would be bad) or PCR test results dating 3 days before my departure.  What are other members experiences?

ty

My question is why are you getting a PCR test before your departure (5 weeks from now)...?

Did I miss something...?

https://www.thaiembassy.com/weekly-updates/pre-departure-covid-test-lifted-sandbox-and-quarantine-programs-reduced-covid-visa-extension-to-continue-until-may-24

Capture.PNG

• Like 3

Arrived back in Australia last  weekend after two and a half weeks' holiday in Thailand.

Flew both ways on Singapore Air, Melbourne-Singapore-Bangkok with 90min or so layover each way. 

Normally one does not need a visa for a stay of up to 30 days, but at the moment one has to obtain a ThaiPass in advance with requirements for full vaccination, medical insurance inc Covid, pre-flight swab test.

On arrival one goes direct from a secure area at the airport to an approved quarantine hotel; mine was the nearby Novotel Airport hotel - meeter and greeter took me to a screened hotel car. On arrival I was swabbed and shown to my comfy room, told not to come out until the lab gave a clear result. I was swabbed about 8pm (midnight Melbourne time), went to bed and slept well: on waking I had a clear report in my phone timed at 1am; the hotel did a printout for me. The Novotel package cost 5300 bahts.

Took a taxi, Chinese all electric, to my usual Green Park Resort in Pattaya with very nice room in the tropical gardens by the pool. Rate was down on what I have previously paid, not doubt due to the drop in the number of tourists.

In Thailand mask wearing was just about universal: even TV newsreaders and comedians had them on. I was reprimanded in the hotel breakfast buffet when I went from my table to get another slice of toast and had not put my mask on.

To be allowed on the return SingAir flights I had to have another full Covid test plus show all my papers including the vaccination certificate to evidence I would be allowed to enter Australia. If anything is lacking the government has a quarantine centre on the north side of Melbourne, where one is liable to be confined.

1 hour ago, lonestar_tj said:

image.thumb.png.3124f4bf697974c778fa1fc9ab210623.png

Edited 28 minutes ago by lonestar_tj

TG GF and I flew Utapao (Pattaya/Rayong) to Phuket on Bangkok Air, We had to have a Covid test to take the flight.

Returning after one week stay, we flew ThaiAir Phuket to Suvarnabhumi, no new test required.

I've just about lost count of the number of Covid tests I've had in recent weeks, thankfully all have been clear. Melbourne airport Immigration official said to me as I returned, "Thailand is a high risk area".

Edited by Bonkabit

On 30/03/2022 at 16:15, lonestar_tj said:

here are the Test and Go requirements.

Those are the current requirements if you arrive in March. 

On April 1st, the requirements change and a pre-flight PCR test isn't needed.  Presumably this requirement won't be added back for May.

On May 1st the requirements will likely change again, but haven't been announced.  I think they're waiting till after Songkran to decide on the new requirements for May 1st.  Some speculation is that the PCR test on arrival requirement will be dropped or replaced with an rapid antigen test.  And that could mean that the  first night in a SHA+ requirement might be dropped as well?

I arrive on May 15th.  I'm not going to book the SHA+ hotel, fill out Test&GO requirements, etc. until after the requirements for May are announced sometime in April.  That still gives me few weeks (maybe a month) to sort out those final details.

Need an advice from fellow mongers, my flight is arriving on April 26th 6 AM in Swampy,  Do i need to book the day 1 SHA+ hotel for 26th to 27th or   do I need to include 25th as well since it is an early flight.

Thank you in advance.

5 hours ago, king_julian said:

Need an advice from fellow mongers, my flight is arriving on April 26th 6 AM in Swampy,  Do i need to book the day 1 SHA+ hotel for 26th to 27th or   do I need to include 25th as well since it is an early flight.

Thank you in advance.

ask the hotel

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.