IGNORED

Help! Renting a Condo in Pratumnak Hill for a Month (Fruit-Flavoured)

Mockingbird

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

Man, even Unixx AirBnB advertisers has increased their rates. Just a few weeks ago, you can get units from as low as THB4000-5000 on AirBnB. Now, they start from THB8000 for the smallest units.

I was thinking Unixx has nice pools and a decent gym so I don't need to go to the other gyms. Also, since it's within walking distance to Walking St, I can save on Bolt/Grab/motorbike taxi fare. I will also ask the owner whether the bathroom/toilet has the faulty slant on the floor issue.

But with decent rooms coming in from THB12,000, I believe I can structure my holiday better than spending most of my time at one place.

Considering water and electricity are not covered, I'm thinking a month-long deal at a hotel at Central Pattaya for as low as THB8,000-9,500 WITH water and electricity to make more sense. Also, there would be less travel costs. I can spend the diff on a proper gym, possibly at the Avenue. I'm thinking of that LK Metropole deal, as well as Adelphi, and any hotel with a proper swimming pool and a month-long deal around THB10,000 with electricity and water covered.

I'm also considering Water Park Condo, Park Royal 3, City Garden Pratumnak, The Point, The Peak, The Vision, and Cosy Beach View. These are units listed on AirBnB still within my budget. There's one or two Siam Oriental units and one or two Nordic Group properties.

And one Sands Condo unit that looks good.

But things will continue to fluctuate and I don't know exactly when I can go yet.

Meanwhile, I find this to be fun. Instead of envisioning bad things that could happen at work, I'm spending time every day imagining myself on vacation in Pattaya already.

I have noticed 2 of my go to places at Unixx are pulled off the market. I have read owners just don't want to deal with the hassle at the lower rent. 

I have stayed on the south end of the main part of Pattaya and then make a walk up to Pratumnak, I don't love walking on the poor Pattaya sidewalks and streets but it does work. I have also walked to the baht bus at 2nd Road and South Pattaya Road, taken the bus up Thappraya Rd, used the cut through (I'm taking a guess you know about the cut through) to enter the park. That works out as it is a bit much to walk up hill that way for a man my age. 

I got a super cheap, very nice 1 bedroom at City Garden Pattaya (behind the Avenue shopping mall) on airbnb in the past, I don't know about now.

As I mentioned, I don't want to camp out on Pratumnak as many girls don't want to travel there, however, I have not given up on the area. I love the relative quiet, love walking on the hill. I will be in Pattaya Jan to March and I think I will spend one month up there. 

It is hard to tell if owners are sticking to their publish rates on websites. I plan to stay at a hotel for a few days, walk around and see what kind of monthly deals I can find once I am on the ground. 

29 minutes ago, dwave said:

I have noticed 2 of my go to places at Unixx are pulled off the market. I have read owners just don't want to deal with the hassle at the lower rent. 

I have stayed on the south end of the main part of Pattaya and then make a walk up to Pratumnak, I don't love walking on the poor Pattaya sidewalks and streets but it does work. I have also walked to the baht bus at 2nd Road and South Pattaya Road, taken the bus up Thappraya Rd, used the cut through (I'm taking a guess you know about the cut through) to enter the park. That works out as it is a bit much to walk up hill that way for a man my age. 

I got a super cheap, very nice 1 bedroom at City Garden Pattaya (behind the Avenue shopping mall) on airbnb in the past, I don't know about now.

As I mentioned, I don't want to camp out on Pratumnak as many girls don't want to travel there, however, I have not given up on the area. I love the relative quiet, love walking on the hill. I will be in Pattaya Jan to March and I think I will spend one month up there. 

It is hard to tell if owners are sticking to their publish rates on websites. I plan to stay at a hotel for a few days, walk around and see what kind of monthly deals I can find once I am on the ground. 

I heard about the short cut after I got back from the trip when I stayed at Unixx. When I was there, I just walked to Walking St and nowhere else. 

Unixx didn't have any fruit vendors nearby so I had to get a bunch of them and store the fruits in the fridge.

I was told by a few that walking around to find a deal is the way to go, but I'm afraid I can't do that. I have mild anxiety and would always book everything in advance.

I love doing prep work, though, and tonight revealed some beachfront properties I thought were beyond my price range but have actually lowered their rates to within my budget - at a stretch. 

I am taking notes and making lists. There are pros and cons to everything. Also, these condos mean I still have to pay around THB2000-3000 for utilities at the end of the stay. Also, I'd prefer to have it cleaned once a week.

Some offers or deals include cleaning every week, or free electricity, like JP Unixx offers cleaning and fresh linen, pillowcases and towels. There's one City Garden Pratumnak listing on AirBnB at THB12,000 but includes free electricity and water. I count that as THB12,000 - THB2000 = THB10K. 

The location is the biggest factor, then the condo's amenities and special deals.

Or, if any of my favourite hotels offer a good monthly deal, I am open for that. 

On the matter of getting girls to go up the hill, I am thinking of using Bolt. Either I go back in a car with them, or if it's an emergency, I guess I could go pick them up somewhere and then book another ride home.

There's also the possibility of hitting girls on pratumnak, which I'm sure no one has ever done before.

I know two girls who stay in the area. It'd be interesting if they just walk over to the condo I decide on later.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

6 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

I heard about the short cut after I got back from the trip when I stayed at Unixx. When I was there, I just walked to Walking St and nowhere else. 

Unixx didn't have any fruit vendors nearby so I had to get a bunch of them and store the fruits in the fridge.

I was told by a few that walking around to find a deal is the way to go, but I'm afraid I can't do that. I have mild anxiety and would always book everything in advance.

I love doing prep work, though, and tonight revealed some beachfront properties I thought were beyond my price range but have actually lowered their rates to within my budget - at a stretch. 

I am taking notes and making lists. There are pros and cons to everything. Also, these condos mean I still have to pay around THB2000-3000 for utilities at the end of the stay. Also, I'd prefer to have it cleaned once a week.

Some offers or deals include cleaning every week, or free electricity, like JP Unixx offers cleaning and fresh linen, pillowcases and towels. There's one City Garden Pratumnak listing on AirBnB at THB12,000 but includes free electricity and water. I count that as THB12,000 - THB2000 = THB10K. 

The location is the biggest factor, then the condo's amenities and special deals.

Or, if any of my favourite hotels offer a good monthly deal, I am open for that. 

On the matter of getting girls to go up the hill, I am thinking of using Bolt. Either I go back in a car with them, or if it's an emergency, I guess I could go pick them up somewhere and then book another ride home.

There's also the possibility of hitting girls on pratumnak, which I'm sure no one has ever done before.

I know two girls who stay in the area. It'd be interesting if they just walk over to the condo I decide on later.

Yes, the reasons I like Pratumnak also makes it less convenient. I would not say Unixx is the best of both worlds, it is just a bit more of a balance. Good to be near the hill, nice swimming pools, gym is fine etc., kind of close to main Pattaya but not really close. Not really convenient to shopping, restaurants, street food and such but better than most other areas of Pratumnak.  Into the main area of Pratumnak, if you are not out for excersise, the hill can make it a real issue walking places, even if not that far on a map.

Yours are all good ideas. What I have done in the past, stay in Central Pattaya for 1 month, collect numbers from girls I have a rapport with, tell them I will be staying on the hill. Much easier to get them to come if they know me. Another time I stayed at a nice place on Pratumnak, then rented a 4K monthy dive room on Soi Post office to meet ST girls. 

12K + utilities for some of these places actually sound like a really good deal. Not so long about it was 25K all in for some of these places. However, yes even better deals than 10K - 12K are out there.

I think I will check for a monthly deal at this place: Selina Place I have stayed before, pics are accurate, clean, tidy place, nice owner/manager (2 middle aged Thai ladies), good internet. Is in the main part of Pattaya so girls will come, not far from supermarket, street foods, Soi Buakaw, etc.  Yet, I can make my way for excersise on the hill without much problem. Great value with hotel cleaning but no gym or pool. 

To some reading this thread the obvious anwser is to rent a motorbike.  I have rented and then owned a motorbike in Pattaya in the past. I gave up driving a motorbike in Thailand about 5 years ago. To many police crack downs, crazy traffic, crazy drivers, etc. Maybe it will be better post covid with less people around but I feel so much less anxiety not worrying about driving, I am not going to go back. 

Stay central, stay close to a baht bus route are they way to go for me now.

6 hours ago, dwave said:

I have never had a girl refuse to come see me in Pratumnak.  

7 hours ago, dwave said:

Yes, the reasons I like Pratumnak also makes it less convenient. I would not say Unixx is the best of both worlds, it is just a bit more of a balance. Good to be near the hill, nice swimming pools, gym is fine etc., kind of close to main Pattaya but not really close. Not really convenient to shopping, restaurants, street food and such but better than most other areas of Pratumnak.  Into the main area of Pratumnak, if you are not out for excersise, the hill can make it a real issue walking places, even if not that far on a map.

Yours are all good ideas. What I have done in the past, stay in Central Pattaya for 1 month, collect numbers from girls I have a rapport with, tell them I will be staying on the hill. Much easier to get them to come if they know me. Another time I stayed at a nice place on Pratumnak, then rented a 4K monthy dive room on Soi Post office to meet ST girls. 

12K + utilities for some of these places actually sound like a really good deal. Not so long about it was 25K all in for some of these places. However, yes even better deals than 10K - 12K are out there.

I think I will check for a monthly deal at this place: Selina Place I have stayed before, pics are accurate, clean, tidy place, nice owner/manager (2 middle aged Thai ladies), good internet. Is in the main part of Pattaya so girls will come, not far from supermarket, street foods, Soi Buakaw, etc.  Yet, I can make my way for excersise on the hill without much problem. Great value with hotel cleaning but no gym or pool. 

A good deal at Central Pattaya is enticing to me, but no pool and gym is a deal breaker for me right now.

I've gotten fat during the lockdowns and want to kick start my diet and exercise regime while in Pattaya. 

6 hours ago, dwave said:

To some reading this thread the obvious anwser is to rent a motorbike.  I have rented and then owned a motorbike in Pattaya in the past. I gave up driving a motorbike in Thailand about 5 years ago. To many police crack downs, crazy traffic, crazy drivers, etc. Maybe it will be better post covid with less people around but I feel so much less anxiety not worrying about driving, I am not going to go back. 

Stay central, stay close to a baht bus route are they way to go for me now.

I've never bought a vehicle in my life. Have always used public transport. I can't survive in rural areas where there are no e-hailing cars, song teaws or motorbike taxis or normal taxis. 

Part of the reason is safety and I believe Thailand roads are much more dangerous than my country's roads, but I might be wrong. 

2 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

I have never had a girl refuse to come see me in Pratumnak.  

I got the massage lady you recommended in another thread to go to jomtien to massage me. She was staying near Walking Street or something on Pattaya Beach Road. 

She came twice. She had a motorbike and I paid her taxi fare for her troubles. 

So I agree with you. I think if a girl wants to go, she will go. 

• Like 1

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so my boss just gave me the green light to just go take a month in Pattaya, whenever, as long as I am still reachable and can do work from Thailand.

I also asked Malaysia Airlines and they don't have any flights to Bangkok anymore in November but will have them in December. 

Therefore, I am thinking of going to Pattaya around Dec 5-7 and will be returning home around Jan 5-7. I believe the USD50K insurance coverage I will be purchasing means I can only stay for a maximum of 30 days under the coverage.

So I will be renting for 29 nights, as one night is at the quarantine hotel.

I will be planning this trip throughout the week and I am leaning towards  AirBnB unless I can score a great deal elsewhere.

My list of condos I am considering are as such:

Siam Oriental Group:

Tropical Garden

Elegance

Elegance 2

Twins

Pratumnak Soi 5/Dongtan Beach:

Sands Condo

Laguna Bay 1

Laguna Bay 2

Cosy Beach:

Cosy Beach View

Emerald Palace

Close to Theppraya Road:

Waterpark Condominium

The Axis Condominium

Diamond Suites

Tara Court

Argyle Apartments

Others:

Unixx - actually one of my top choices if I can verify a few things with the unit

C-View - New Nordic that keeps popping up

Jomtien Hill Resort Pratumnak - actually NOT at Jomtien, but right next to the Siam Oriental condos

• Like 1

Just an update - I've booked Sands Condo. 

There's a bit of a story to this. I wanted to explore Pratumnak but then one of the girls I know (and want to meet up once I'm in Pattaya) mentioned it was too far from her - she stays somewhere in Central Pattaya.

I said I'll pay for Grab or Bolt if she wants to come. And then she kept quiet.

So I booked my flight, the covid-19 insurance, the SHA+ hotel package for one night blablabla and what's left is which condo to rent.

All this time, I was still thinking of convenience for the girls - especially this one whom I've known for some years - so I held back from booking properties by the beach.

This Sands Condo studio is one of only two Sands Condo properties on AirBnB that is within my price range. So I kept it around but never really considered it because it would be 'too far for the girls' and would incur costs to travel to Pattaya.

And then when I mentioned to the girls that I will be coming to Pattaya and I will be staying at Pratumnak Hill, all of them showed some interest and excitement or at least happy for me.

But that one girl kept on saying it's too far from her. So I said we could meet somewhere in Pattaya and then I'll take you there in a Bolt car.

She said, "We'll see."

Well, I then reconsidered everything and decided if it were me, I'd just get this condo which seems like a good deal and explore living in Pratumnak. So that's what I did.

I would have gotten one of the Siam Oriental properties, but they were quickly rented out by other AirBnB people, so I guess this is where I will be, hopefully, if my RT-PCR test is negative come early December.

So... tl;dr - I'LL BE STAYING AT SANDS CONDO!

f511bcc8-c68d-44d1-bd13-abbd04edbd55.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Just an update - I've booked Sands Condo. 

There's a bit of a story to this. I wanted to explore Pratumnak but then one of the girls I know (and want to meet up once I'm in Pattaya) mentioned it was too far from her - she stays somewhere in Central Pattaya.

I said I'll pay for Grab or Bolt if she wants to come. And then she kept quiet.

So I booked my flight, the covid-19 insurance, the SHA+ hotel package for one night blablabla and what's left is which condo to rent.

All this time, I was still thinking of convenience for the girls - especially this one whom I've known for some years - so I held back from booking properties by the beach.

This Sands Condo studio is one of only two Sands Condo properties on AirBnB that is within my price range. So I kept it around but never really considered it because it would be 'too far for the girls' and would incur costs to travel to Pattaya.

And then when I mentioned to the girls that I will be coming to Pattaya and I will be staying at Pratumnak Hill, all of them showed some interest and excitement or at least happy for me.

But that one girl kept on saying it's too far from her. So I said we could meet somewhere in Pattaya and then I'll take you there in a Bolt car.

She said, "We'll see."

Well, I then reconsidered everything and decided if it were me, I'd just get this condo which seems like a good deal and explore living in Pratumnak. So that's what I did.

I would have gotten one of the Siam Oriental properties, but they were quickly rented out by other AirBnB people, so I guess this is where I will be, hopefully, if my RT-PCR test is negative come early December.

So... tl;dr - I'LL BE STAYING AT SANDS CONDO!

f511bcc8-c68d-44d1-bd13-abbd04edbd55.jpg

I was looking at the Sands too back in July and August.

I too was reluctant due to distance, many Russians in the building, and it is busy near there.

But I decided to go for it.

The girl at the desk, Vee took me to 5-6 units.

I went back to hotel to think about it.

I told her I wanted Unit X and when can i come by.  

She told me 2 PM next day.

I come by at 1:45 PM with about 80,000 baht in my pocket.

I see Vee but she is busy with a client. It appears he is giving a deposit and signing papers.

I was thinking to myself, I hope this guy did not rent my unit. I was joking to myself, but thought no way in hell.

Afterwards Vee sees me and seems a little taken back.

I told her I was there for our appointment.

She told me she just rented the unit I wanted.

WTF!

Only in Thailand.

I ended up somewhere else and I am happy but at the time I was not pleased.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Only in Thailand.

Definitely. They seem to always take money in hand right now over the promise of future money. I guess you could have put a deposit down if that was the only unit you were interested in but who knows if even that would have been enough to hold it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

I was looking at the Sands too back in July and August.

I too was reluctant due to distance, many Russians in the building, and it is busy near there.

But I decided to go for it.

The girl at the desk, Vee took me to 5-6 units.

I went back to hotel to think about it.

I told her I wanted Unit X and when can i come by.  

She told me 2 PM next day.

I come by at 1:45 PM with about 80,000 baht in my pocket.

I see Vee but she is busy with a client. It appears he is giving a deposit and signing papers.

I was thinking to myself, I hope this guy did not rent my unit. I was joking to myself, but thought no way in hell.

Afterwards Vee sees me and seems a little taken back.

I told her I was there for our appointment.

She told me she just rented the unit I wanted.

WTF!

Only in Thailand.

I ended up somewhere else and I am happy but at the time I was not pleased.

Damn, that's harsh, man.

I booked this through AirBnB and it's the cheaper unit of the two by a guy who owns units in Sands and another condo nearby. He offered a router with Internet for an extra THB600 or so which I think is reasonable.

If anything goes wrong, I would have to complain to AirBnB and my credit card company, but my experience before this with AirBnB Pattaya hosts have been good if not great. I hope everything goes well.

Will update in a trip report and over here specifically about the condo, for sure.

I will also do a walking tour of the condos and share my thoughts on each place I visit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1