Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Help! Renting a Condo in Pratumnak Hill for a Month (Fruit-Flavoured)

Mockingbird

On 04/10/2021 at 20:48, Mockingbird said:

However, I did stay at VT7 in Jomtien and Jomtien's Beach Road was quite empty. Good for walking, but no eye candy. Has that changed?

Yes mate, lots of eye candy late afternoon and very busy since things have started to open again. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

16 hours ago, LookingTurnsInto said:

How was the sound between units in Plaza? I heard not good, but other than that I liked this place. Will be nicer when can use the gate at the temporarily closed hotel to get to the beach. Now, it's a bit of hike with nothing in terms of food or stores on that loop there.

Mate when I was there hardly any tenants so very quiet. I did have a Russian girl next door with a dog, but never heard them. 

No idea about some magic gate to the beach ? :) 7/11 is at the top of the Soi. 

• Thanks 1

Regards, Atlas.

12 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Thanks for the feedback LookingTurnsInto! I'll definitely take this into consideration when choosing units at the Siam Orinetal condos. I assume this is only an issue at Plaza? 

No.

I believe he is talking about Siam Tropical Garden A & B. Building A wraps around the pool and would be like be a goldfish in a bowl, I never used it, but it was mostly closed due to COVID restrictions.... 

Siam Oriental Plaza has a roof top pool, not the biggest, but has nice seating and good sunset views. :)

Regards, Atlas.

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

Yes mate, lots of eye candy late afternoon and very busy since things have started to open again. 

Wow. Really? Will have to go for a walk to Jomtien to see for myself once I'm there.

56 minutes ago, Atlas said:

No.

I believe he is talking about Siam Tropical Garden A & B. Building A wraps around the pool and would be like be a goldfish in a bowl, I never used it, but it was mostly closed due to COVID restrictions.... 

Siam Oriental Plaza has a roof top pool, not the biggest, but has nice seating and good sunset views. :)

There's also Siam Oriental Elegance, right? Any info on that?

In any case, if the sound issue is not too bad, I'm okay. If it's really loud then I would have to consider that.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

Mate when I was there hardly any tenants so very quiet. I did have a Russian girl next door with a dog, but never heard them. 

No idea about some magic gate to the beach ? :) 7/11 is at the top of the Soi. 

Thanks. Google was mentioning paper thin walls. I didn't sense that when I was there, but it's tough to tell right now with the vacancies, especially in the middle of the day.

The person who showed it to me said when it's open, you can go through the New Nordic hotel right there. Cuts the walk down to the beach in half since you don't have to trek up to the 7-11 and then back down. It's not a bad walk as is, but if there was a gate that would get you over to Soi 4 was there, that would be ideal.

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

No.

That's correct - the Siam Tropical Garden is what I was referring to. Shorter walk down to beach, but the noise from the pool was loud in the actual unit. Siam Plaza seemed would be much quieter for outside noise given the more isolated area. Trade-offs in that isolated area, so all depends what you value more. As I noted earlier, a gate to Soi 4 would be ideal and eliminate the cons in my mind. Ah, the search for perfection ... ... ...

Looks like you’ve decided to get something further down on Pratumnak, but just to finish off something I mentioned earlier in the thread, and in case anyone else is interested for future reference, friend in the Axis spoke to a lady in the lobby area today who looks after a number of rentals and current prices are 11000 a month in building A and 10000 a month in building B.

They were 18000-20000 before Covid.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, davidge said:

Looks like you’ve decided to get something further down on Pratumnak, but just to finish off something I mentioned earlier in the thread, and in case anyone else is interested for future reference, friend in the Axis spoke to a lady in the lobby area today who looks after a number of rentals and current prices are 11000 a month in building A and 10000 a month in building B.

They were 18000-20000 before Covid.

I'm keeping myself open, Davidge. This includes Axis, Waterpark and other condos you have and may yet suggest - thanks for that! 

This is why I started the thread - to get more info than my reading the reviews and trawling through AirBnB and FB every night before I sleep.

My top choices so far are the ones I mentioned - Siam Oriental condos, Cosy Beach View, etc - but say I stumble upon Sands Condo at THB8000/month when I want to come down here, I would say that's a great deal!

Or even VT6 at THB8K - I will most certainly be tempted!

Or one of my regular hotels August Suites or March hotel come up with a reasonable monthly rate.

So many things could change and it is a few months before I arrive in Pattaya, I hope. However, before I arrive I'd like to secure my accommodations so I could plan for the other stuff later.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

25 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

I'm keeping myself open, Davidge. This includes Axis, Waterpark and other condos you have and may yet suggest - thanks for that! 

This is why I started the thread - to get more info than my reading the reviews and trawling through AirBnB and FB every night before I sleep.

My top choices so far are the ones I mentioned - Siam Oriental condos, Cosy Beach View, etc - but say I stumble upon Sands Condo at THB8000/month when I want to come down here, I would say that's a great deal!

Or even VT6 at THB8K - I will most certainly be tempted!

Or one of my regular hotels August Suites or March hotel come up with a reasonable monthly rate.

So many things could change and it is a few months before I arrive in Pattaya, I hope. However, before I arrive I'd like to secure my accommodations so I could plan for the other stuff later.

Just went to VT6 and to every agent in the building. None would go below 15k for units currently available for Nov. There was one for 15k that was high floor, Walking Street side and better interior than most non-suites that I saw. Was going to rent it on my way out of town for a return trip, but someone grabbed it for long term. Everything else was either higher already or same price, far lower quality.

24 minutes ago, LookingTurnsInto said:

Just went to VT6 and to every agent in the building. None would go below 15k for units currently available for Nov. There was one for 15k that was high floor, Walking Street side and better interior than most non-suites that I saw. Was going to rent it on my way out of town for a return trip, but someone grabbed it for long term. Everything else was either higher already or same price, far lower quality.

Cool. Thanks for the on the ground info. I got it from a girl that there are VT6 units for THB10K a few weeks ago. I guess things continue to change so will make sure I'm flexible enough to grab good opportunities and be open to change my destination if necessary.

Nothing is set in stone until I have booked a place.

2 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Cool. Thanks for the on the ground info. I got it from a girl that there are VT6 units for THB10K a few weeks ago. I guess things continue to change so will make sure I'm flexible enough to grab good opportunities and be open to change my destination if necessary.

Nothing is set in stone until I have booked a place.

Yeah, visited a big studio in VT6 2 weeks ago for 10K.

View on Central Aircons + the noise of the aircons. 

Not for me, 

18 hours ago, KhunChang said:

Yeah, visited a big studio in VT6 2 weeks ago for 10K.

View on Central Aircons + the noise of the aircons. 

Not for me, 

Well, one man's meat... Thanks for the confirmation units at that rate exist.

I was earlier (several weeks ago) looking at Grand Avenue when it was flooding because I hoped the price would go down. I don't have a car or bike so if the basement is flooded I thought it wouldn't affect me.

But then I was thinking that one of the main reasons I'm going there is to exercise with my many health issues (I can only do low resistance long duration exercises) and Pratumnak Hill makes more sense. Also, I don't drink and won't have a lot of money to monger for a whole month, just maybe a few times a week. Therefore, a central location is not necessary but I won't say no to a good deal either at central pattaya or around pratumnak. I don't think I want to go explore the Naklua area and I stayed at Jomtien before for a few days.

57 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Well, one man's meat... Thanks for the confirmation units at that rate exist.

I was earlier (several weeks ago) looking at Grand Avenue when it was flooding because I hoped the price would go down. I don't have a car or bike so if the basement is flooded I thought it wouldn't affect me.

But then I was thinking that one of the main reasons I'm going there is to exercise with my many health issues (I can only do low resistance long duration exercises) and Pratumnak Hill makes more sense. Also, I don't drink and won't have a lot of money to monger for a whole month, just maybe a few times a week. Therefore, a central location is not necessary but I won't say no to a good deal either at central pattaya or around pratumnak. I don't think I want to go explore the Naklua area and I stayed at Jomtien before for a few days.

So if central Pattaya is ok, why not the base or centric at 7k-9k?

2 hours ago, KhunChang said:

So if central Pattaya is ok, why not the base or centric at 7k-9k?

The Base or Centric Sea are in my list. I just want to try Pratumnak area. Only if I fail to get any good units in good locations at Pratumnak or if there is a deal at Central, then I might go Central.

The reason why Pratumnak is higher on my list for this trip is because I am going for a month and would like to focus on exercise and not be distracted too much by the girls. I don't have enough money to go for them everyday anyway.

Has anyone ever stayed at Cosy Beach View, The Peak, The Place, or The Vision?

I tried searching the forum but got very few hits.

I got some feedback on my topic that Centric Sea is very rule and fine crazy.  When I toured, I was not impressed.  I only saw the two bedroom but got a look into an open 1, both small.

It did feel a little over done on the security.  

I took it off my list.

Joker....

43 minutes ago, TheJoker said:

I got some feedback on my topic that Centric Sea is very rule and fine crazy.  When I toured, I was not impressed.  I only saw the two bedroom but got a look into an open 1, both small.

It did feel a little over done on the security.  

I took it off my list.

Joker....

Thanks Joker!

I like the location of Centric Sea when I was looking at condos in central because I used to stay at the August Suites-April Suites-March Hotel-May hotel group of hotels and am very familiar with that area.

But the reviews of people leaving Centric Sea in the middle of their holidays seemed alarming to me.

Nice seaview, though.

When I was condo hunting, I stopped by the office at Centric and it just happened to be the one day there were closed.

So I took note of the LINE and phone number to call before I showed up the next day.

I added the LINE and sent a message.  Someone read it, then deleted the chat. WTF

So I drove to the office and again no one was there, so I went and talked to some other staff and they told me the staff that handles the condo rentals is telecommuting but if I call they will answer.

Nope, no answer and no call back.

Worthless and I too struck it off my list.

Edit:

I forgot to mention, even though there was absolutely nobody there the security jammed me up for parking in Guest/Visitor Parking instead of where the motorbikes park. I tried to explain I was only stopping in for 5-10 minutes but he was clueless and DICK!

Edited by LASportsNut

18 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

When I was condo hunting, I stopped by the office at Centric and it just happened to be the one day there were closed.

So I took note of the LINE and phone number to call before I showed up the next day.

I added the LINE and sent a message.  Someone read it, then deleted the chat. WTF

So I drove to the office and again no one was there, so I went and talked to some other staff and they told me the staff that handles the condo rentals is telecommuting but if I call they will answer.

Nope, no answer and no call back.

Worthless and I too struck it off my list.

Edit:

I forgot to mention, even though there was absolutely nobody there the security jammed me up for parking in Guest/Visitor Parking instead of where the motorbikes park. I tried to explain I was only stopping in for 5-10 minutes but he was clueless and DICK!

Damn! That's harsh. 

Yeah, there have been reports or reviews mentioning rude staff as well as blackouts or water cuts that were not resolved so a few people who vacationed there left in the middle of their holidays. But those are reviews uploaded by people online usually with no context.

It is good to confirm similar experiences with board members. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Try another unit at Unixx? It seems like it meets your needs, poor workmanship in the shower of one unit could happen in any of the other places you mention as well.

I have had a problem with girls from ThaiFriendly wanting to go up into the Pratumnak Hill area for ST. They will go to Unixx.

3 hours ago, dwave said:

Try another unit at Unixx? It seems like it meets your needs, poor workmanship in the shower of one unit could happen in any of the other places you mention as well.

I have had a problem with girls from ThaiFriendly wanting to go up into the Pratumnak Hill area for ST. They will go to Unixx.

Cool! Thanks.

Your advice is something I am considering, as the rental for many Siam Oriental (SO) condo units on AirBnB have gone up or they are no longer available for rent.

The FB listings remain enticing and numerous.

However, I worry about paying anything that is not through Agoda or AirBnB to someone I do not know who might just run with the money or not accept any complaints. At least on the sites/apps, there is a way to get refunds or complain. It is a concern but not truly a deal-breaker.

In any case, I am thinking of possibly going this year, if my boss agrees to my request.

If SO condos are a no-go due to rental increase or unavailability, I am looking at Unixx, Waterpark Condo (thanks for the suggestion, davidge!), The Peak, One Tower, Diamond Suites (all condos with units listed on AirBnB) or even back to Central with one of the LK hotels offering a THB9500/month deal. I'm sure there are similar deals all around.

I just have to find a good swimming pool and a proper gym.

Also, The Base condos upped their prices on AirBnB. I used to be able to find units from THB6000-10,000 but now my filter that stops at THB10,000 yielded no results for The Base, only one or two for SO Tropical Gardens, one SO Plaza, one SO Elegance.

It's a free market, so I guess I'll be looking again for deals as soon as my boss makes up her mind on when she can have me gone for a month.

If anyone has any suggestions on any of the condos mentioned above or have a suggestion for a month-long stay, please share. My budget for accommodations is THB10,000 max (rent only, utilities separate) and it MUST have at least a decent swimming pool.

3 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Cool! Thanks.

Your advice is something I am considering, as the rental for many Siam Oriental (SO) condo units on AirBnB have gone up or they are no longer available for rent.

The FB listings remain enticing and numerous.

However, I worry about paying anything that is not through Agoda or AirBnB to someone I do not know who might just run with the money or not accept any complaints. At least on the sites/apps, there is a way to get refunds or complain. It is a concern but not truly a deal-breaker.

In any case, I am thinking of possibly going this year, if my boss agrees to my request.

If SO condos are a no-go due to rental increase or unavailability, I am looking at Unixx, Waterpark Condo (thanks for the suggestion, davidge!), The Peak, One Tower, Diamond Suites (all condos with units listed on AirBnB) or even back to Central with one of the LK hotels offering a THB9500/month deal. I'm sure there are similar deals all around.

I just have to find a good swimming pool and a proper gym.

Also, The Base condos upped their prices on AirBnB. I used to be able to find units from THB6000-10,000 but now my filter that stops at THB10,000 yielded no results for The Base, only one or two for SO Tropical Gardens, one SO Plaza, one SO Elegance.

It's a free market, so I guess I'll be looking again for deals as soon as my boss makes up her mind on when she can have me gone for a month.

If anyone has any suggestions on any of the condos mentioned above or have a suggestion for a month-long stay, please share. My budget for accommodations is THB10,000 max (rent only, utilities separate) and it MUST have at least a decent swimming pool.

I love the Pratumnak Hill area, I used to stay there a lot but you are likely more up to speed on Airbnb for the area now than I am (you're right, airbnb is a whole new ball game now).

I like Diamond Suites, I stayed at a place near there, was a woman who ran a small restaurant there I really liked. Just a heads up, the hill up from Diamond Suites to the main road is a mother F'er.  Deceiving, it does not look like much but it is a real hike to get up out of that hole.

I like Argyle Studio, nice rooms, cheap. Nice big pool but no real gym. They have some very large rooms but they are "studios", some really are set up like a 1 bedroom tho, Seating area on one end, sleeping area on the other with the kitchen in between separating the two. Convivence stores, food (great Thai soup stand nearby), market, walking distance to the main road, baht bus line.

Also City Garden Pratumnak a couple of years ago, one guy on Airbnb has several units, very nice 1 bedrooms, super cheap for what you get. Nice enough pool, mid sized, the nice thing almost no one seemed to use it, had it mostly all to myself. No real gym.

Edited by dwave

5 hours ago, dwave said:

I love the Pratumnak Hill area, I used to stay there a lot but you are likely more up to speed on Airbnb for the area now than I am (you're right, airbnb is a whole new ball game now).

I like Diamond Suites, I stayed at a place near there, was a woman who ran a small restaurant there I really liked. Just a heads up, the hill up from Diamond Suites to the main road is a mother F'er.  Deceiving, it does not look like much but it is a real hike to get up out of that hole.

I like Argyle Studio, nice rooms, cheap. Nice big pool but no real gym. They have some very large rooms but they are "studios", some really are set up like a 1 bedroom tho, Seating area on one end, sleeping area on the other with the kitchen in between separating the two. Convivence stores, food (great Thai soup stand nearby), market, walking distance to the main road, baht bus line.

Also City Garden Pratumnak a couple of years ago, one guy on Airbnb has several units, very nice 1 bedrooms, super cheap for what you get. Nice enough pool, mid sized, the nice thing almost no one seemed to use it, had it mostly all to myself. No real gym.

Thanks, Dwave!

Yes, I think I'll keep an eye on City Garden Pratumnak as well. Good to keep my options open, seeing how things could change and prices fluctuate in a matter of weeks.

I'm also looking at The Point, The Peak Towers and if Siam Oriental condos are charging the same short-term rental as Cosy Beach View, I might as well have a look at that too.

The bad news with all this is I have to make other lists as my old lists on AirBnB are now obsolete. The good thing about it is I get to do this all over again.

Keeping myself open, as always. 

8 hours ago, dwave said:

Also, thanks for the heads up on Diamond Suites.

As for Argyle Apartments (?), that looks interesting too as well as Tara Court nearby.

Man, even Unixx AirBnB advertisers has increased their rates. Just a few weeks ago, you can get units from as low as THB4000-5000 on AirBnB. Now, they start from THB8000 for the smallest units.

I was thinking Unixx has nice pools and a decent gym so I don't need to go to the other Gyms. Also, since it's within walking distance to Walking St, I can save on Bolt/Grab/motorbike taxi fare. I will also ask the owner whether the bathroom/toilet has the faulty slant on the floor issue.

But with decent rooms coming in from THB12,000, I believe I can structure my holiday better than spending most of my time at one place.

Considering water and electricity are not covered, I'm thinking a month-long deal at a hotel at Central Pattaya for as low as THB8,000-9,500 WITH water and electricity to make more sense. Also, there would be less travel costs. I can spend the diff on a proper gym, possibly at the Avenue. I'm thinking of that LK Metropole deal, as well as Adelphi, and any hotel with a proper swimming pool and a month-long deal around THB10,000 with electricity and water covered.

I'm also considering Water Park Condo, Park Royal 3, City Garden Pratumnak, The Point, The Peak, The Vision, and Cosy Beach View. These are units listed on AirBnB still within my budget. There's one or two Siam Oriental units and one or two Nordic Group properties.

And one Sands Condo unit that looks good.

But things will continue to fluctuate and I don't know exactly when I can go yet.

Meanwhile, I find this to be fun. Instead of envisioning bad things that could happen at work, I'm spending time every day imagining myself on vacation in Pattaya already.