IGNORED

Emma Raducanu Leylah Fernandez US Open Final

mikeyboy

Anyone watching the tennis final between these two talented girls ?

Both teenagers playing great and top eye candy too .   

Womens tennis not really my thing , but i could watch these two all night long ..

Mikeyboy

Philippine vs. China ! Ok, only half. Both are having a magical run and will be a millionaire after this match.

Yep nearly 5am here and on the edge of my seat, don't normally watch tennis - but what a match!

37 minutes ago, h.harris said:

Philippine vs. China ! Ok, only half. Both are having a magical run and will be a millionaire after this match.

Fernandez: father Ecuador & mother Philippine

Raducanu: father Romania & mother China

So what part would make you confused ??????

A great display by 2 young ladies. unfortunately only 1 could win. Difficult to watch Fernandez looking broken hearted.

Just now, bangna said:

A great display by 2 young ladies. unfortunately only 1 could win. Difficult to watch Fernandez looking broken hearted.

I  think/hope both girls will be around at the top for quite a while .    Match was high quality , and to win 10 matches in 3 weeks as Emma did without dropping a set is amazing .   

Mikeyboy

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

I  think/hope both girls will be around at the top for quite a while .    Match was high quality , and to win 10 matches in 3 weeks as Emma did without dropping a set is amazing .   

Mikeyboy

Yep, I think worst set score was 6-4 throughout the tournament

Edited by bangna

Outstanding achievement from Emma Raducanu. The quality of the tennis from both finalists of a high quality.

I hate tennis because or serena Williams and that djokovich guy! Might start watching if they both go away!

I'm happy that the Wiilliams 'brothers' reign finally looks over and there's new young talent on the women's side.

Djokovic is a total tool, although he is very hard to beat.

Such a high standard of tennis from 2 young ladies. Heralding a new era of women's  tennis.

The speech from the runner up was brilliant.

Nailed on for sports personality of the year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Nailed on for sports personality of the year. 

She certainly deserves that.

A brilliant performance by a very young British tennis star.

:Clap:

30 minutes ago, Red-Devil said:

She certainly deserves that.

A brilliant performance by a very young British tennis star.

:Clap:

Yeah, she’s great, but I have a query.

She was born and raised in Canada, mother is Chinese, father Romanian, still holds Canadian citizenship but goes to school in England now. So how come she’s universally described as ‘British’?

Genuinely, I don’t get it. When did she get British citizenship? She’s barely 18. (If neither parent is British and you weren’t born in the U.K., you can usually apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain) only if you’re 18 or over and have lived continuously in the UK for 5 years. To apply for citizenship with ILR you must usually have lived in the UK for 12 months after getting ILR. And she’s not 19 yet.)

Tom Tit

Edited by Tom Tit

Ron went home for a meal and a wash, but what he had seen over there did not let him rest.

Fantastic performance from both players but Raducanu has that intangible something, an icy cool assassin exterior, remarkable, and she will improve rather dramatically in the upcoming months and years. I remember watching her few rounds at Wimbledon, I'd never heard of her before, and was surprised the quality of her play and thought "wow" who the fuck is this girl? That ended in tears and no way would I have expected what happened at the US to happen, but I am not alone in that, seasoned tennis pro's find it mindboggling. 

7 minutes ago, Tom Tit said:

Yeah, she’s great, but I have a query.

She was born and raised in Canada, mother is Chinese, father Romanian, still holds Canadian citizenship but goes to school in England now. So how come she’s universally described as ‘British’?

Genuinely, I don’t get it. When did she get British citizenship? She’s barely 18. (If neither parent is British and you weren’t born in the U.K., you can usually apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain) only if you’re 18 or over and have lived continuously in the UK for 5 years. To apply for citizenship with ILR you must usually have lived in the UK for 12 months after getting ILR. And she’s not 19 yet.)

Tom Tit

Her parents moved to the UK when she was 2yrs old Tom.

1 minute ago, rope-a-dope said:

Her parents moved to the UK when she was 2yrs old Tom.

And it’s as simple as that? Neither parent British, and her born in Canada? No wonder people are queuing up to get into the U.K. 

(I’m genuinely shocked. I’m British but haven’t lived there since early 1990s. I presumed at least one of the parents would have to be British if a kid born abroad wanted U.K. citizenship.)

Tom Tit

Ron went home for a meal and a wash, but what he had seen over there did not let him rest.

Just now, Tom Tit said:

And it’s as simple as that? Neither parent British, and her born in Canada? No wonder people are queuing up to get into the U.K. 

(I’m genuinely shocked. I’m British but haven’t lived there since early 1990s. I presumed at least one of the parents would have to be British if a kid born abroad wanted U.K. citizenship.)

Tom Tit

What do you think her nationality should be Tom..she has never lived in Romania or China, she spent her first two years in Canada, she has spent 17 years in London?