Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Emma Raducanu Leylah Fernandez US Open Final

mikeyboy

The 'English' girl is stunning looking and will get even better / sexier / even more photogenic over the years.

A bit like what happened with myself. Ha ha.

Her earnings from tennis will be peanuts compared to her modelling / product endorsement contracts etc etc etc. 

Like that russian tennis player (Sharapova) who was the highest paid sports person for years.

Edited by Wingeing Pom

50 minutes ago, Wingeing Pom said:

The 'English' girl is stunning looking and will get even better / sexier / even more photogenic over the years.

A bit like what happened with myself. Ha ha.

Her earnings from tennis will be peanuts compared to her modelling / product endorsement contracts etc etc etc. 

Like that russian tennis player (Sharapova) who was the highest paid sports person for years.

Not to split hairs, but, according to Forbes, Sharapova was the highest paid female athlete for 11 straight years, peaking at $35 million in 2015. Top 2 male athletes in reported earnings in 2015 were Floyd Mayweather ($300 million) and Manny Pacquiao ($160 million) (that was the year they fought each other).

Sharapova used to live where I was living in So Cal (Manhattan Beach). She definitely sold a property there in 2015 and recently had a big spread in a magazine (maybe Architectural Digest?) highlighting her new home, which boasted views from Palos Verdes to Malibu (sounds like Manhattan Beach again). Oddly enough, I never bumped into her in Target. (555)

I agree that Raducanu could have absurd earnings, especially if her Chinese heritage opens doors there. I read that the Chinese love her. Modeling also could be more lucrative than tennis - after all, Giselle made more than Tom Brady! 

I used to salivate over Sue Barker in the 80's, Anna Kournikova in the 90s and Gabriela Sabatini in the 00's.

Two great looking girls with bright futures and talent passing on the baton.

On 13/09/2021 at 05:10, LASportsNut said:

This is similar but actually the opposite of Naomi Osaka.

She was born in Japan and lived there until age 3.

Moved to the USA and lives in the USA.

She recently gave up her USA passport for a Japanese passport so she could represent Japan in the 2020 (2021) Olympics.

Naomi Osaka’s brilliant. She reluctantly (whatever she says in public to keep her Japanese sponsors happy) relinquished her American citizenship because Japan doesn’t allow dual citizenship for persons over 21 (Japan's Nationality Act states those who hold dual citizenship must choose one before their 22nd birthday). People in Japan were amazed and slightly disappointed that she chose Japan: it was hoped that her being forced to surrender her Japanese citizenship might be catalyst to s as change in the Nationality Act legislation. An increasing number of young Japanese have a non Japanese parent and are pissed off at not being able to have dual citizenship.

Tom Tit

Ron went home for a meal and a wash, but what he had seen over there did not let him rest.

2 hours ago, Tom Tit said:

Naomi Osaka’s brilliant. She reluctantly (whatever she says in public to keep her Japanese sponsors happy) relinquished her American citizenship because Japan doesn’t allow dual citizenship for persons over 21 (Japan's Nationality Act states those who hold dual citizenship must choose one before their 22nd birthday). People in Japan were amazed and slightly disappointed that she chose Japan: it was hoped that her being forced to surrender her Japanese citizenship might be catalyst to s as change in the Nationality Act legislation. An increasing number of young Japanese have a non Japanese parent and are pissed off at not being able to have dual citizenship.

Tom Tit

True about the dual citizenship.

My American friend married a Japanese girl and brought her to the USA.

She has he USA passport but never told Japan and still has her Japanese passport as well.

I am unsure if they talk to each other.

Not to go too far off topic, but since dual citizenship and passports are being discussed, my older brother has both a U.S. passport and a British passport. He was born in England while (I think) my parents were visiting. Our Mom is British.

I looked it up and am pretty sure I could apply for dual citizenship, but there is little, if any, benefit to me.