IGNORED

bittorrent vs Utorrent

ChiFlyer

I have been using bitttorrent in conjunction with IPT for 5 years. I have been happy enough with it. During that time an error occurred twice where I had to uninstall and reinstall it to clear out whatever the unresolvable problem was. I hit one of those today. The suggested bittorrent forum suggestions did not work.

I noticed that Utorrent, which is a bittorrent product, was showing up in my Google searches. I decided to give it a try. I do not like it.

The UI is juvenile. The download rates due to a reduced number of seeders is poor. They seem to pressure you more for upgrade fees.

Short story is that when my first try Utorrent download finishes it I will uninstall it and reinstall bittorrent.

Anybody disagree?

I use Transmission for torrenting. No ads and is open source. 

Works like a charm.

Also what client you have does not affect the amount of seeders of a torrent. 

Edited by Stian

yeah, i think qbittorrent is clearly much much better than the modern utorrent version. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

5 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Anybody disagree?

Try an older version of uTorrent they're much better, you can source them from http://www.oldversion.com/windows/utorrent/

I use 2.2.1 which I believe is the last version before the ads were introduced. Just turn off update reminders and you're good to go.

2 hours ago, petehoax said:

yeah, i think qbittorrent is clearly much much better than the modern utorrent version. 

37 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

I use qbitorrent myself with no problems, although I don't download much now...

I agree Qbit torrent is IMO far better than Bit or Utorrent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I'll add that the search functionality included in qBittorrent is IMO fantastic. It does require that Python is installed, and qBittorrent will do that for you when you enable the search functionality. Rather than going to a torrent site and looking for what you want, you just enable a site crawler script for as many torrent sites as you want, tell the search function which torrent you're looking for, and it will go out to multiple sites to find the file for you.

I mention this since with other torrent applications I tried, there was no search function. SInce finding a search function in qBittorrent, I haven't bothered looking at any other ones. 

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 2

I'm another long time user of qBittorrent. Never a problem either.

On a different, but related subject. I've accumulated more invites for IPT. PM me with email address if anyone would like an invite.

I am sure no-one has heard of it...but I have a secret, little known client that is way better than what all the peasants are using.  It's called...qBittorrent. :o

25 minutes ago, Old Scratch said:

I am sure no-one has heard of it...but I have a secret, little known client that is way better than what all the peasants are using.  It's called...qBittorrent. :o

??? any have mentioned  it here in this thread

babydollsaddict.gif

13 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

??? any have mentioned  it here in this thread

About everyone mentioned it, it was a joke...

3 hours ago, Garzan said:

I'll add that the search functionality included in qBittorrent is IMO fantastic. It does require that Python is installed, and qBittorrent will do that for you when you enable the search functionality. Rather than going to a torrent site and looking for what you want, you just enable a site crawler script for as many torrent sites as you want, tell the search function which torrent you're looking for, and it will go out to multiple sites to find the file for you.

I mention this since with other torrent applications I tried, there was no search function. SInce finding a search function in qBittorrent, I haven't bothered looking at any other ones. 

I am new to this mate, what search plugin did you choose, there seems to be many ! :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

47 minutes ago, Atlas said:

I am new to this mate, what search plugin did you choose, there seems to be many ! :)

I currently have:

1337x

EZTV

Legit Torrents

LimeTorrents

The Pirate Bay

TorLock

torrents-cvs

Zoogle

There is no need to pick a plugin; I pick a bunch of them and increase the odds of the search function finding what I want. 

There are plenty to choose from here Unofficial search plugins · qbittorrent/search-plugins Wiki · GitHub Just try a few and if they don't give you results you like, disable them and try others.

note: looking over the list I just added in ETTV and YTS.

Edited by Garzan

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

I currently have:

1337x

EZTV

Legit Torrents

LimeTorrents

The Pirate Bay

TorLock

torrents-cvs

Zoogle

There is no need to pick a plugin; I pick a bunch of them and increase the odds of the search function finding what I want. 

There are plenty to choose from here Unofficial search plugins · qbittorrent/search-plugins Wiki · GitHub Just try a few and if they don't give you results you like, disable them and try others.

note: looking over the list I just added in ETTV and YTS.

Thanks mate :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 16/08/2021 at 08:23, forcebwithu said:

I'm another long time user of qBittorrent. Never a problem either.

On a different, but related subject. I've accumulated more invites for IPT. PM me with email address if anyone would like an invite.

If FBWU runs out, I have several dozen as well.

On 16/08/2021 at 08:18, Garzan said:

@Garzan - this does sound interesting.

When I read "Python" I suspected that you might be Linux based. I am an old farty pants too deep into the Windows infrastructure to get out guy.

Off the top of your head is the qBittorrent search function something that can be used on Windows? And I am not looking for a new full time hobby. :)

I am happy enough with my current Windows/bittorrent/IPT setup, although I may look into switching out the bittorrent for qBittorrent based on all of the positive comments in this thread. IPT almost always has what I am looking for, but for the occasional odds and ends a search function sounds good.

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Off the top of your head is the qBittorrent search function something that can be used on Windows? And I am not looking for a new full time hobby. :)

Yes, I used it on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10, and currently on Windows 11. No venturing into Linux required.

https://www.qbittorrent.org/

qBittorrent Features

• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
  • No Ads
  • Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
    • Simultaneous search in many Torrent search sites
    • Category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Software)
  • RSS feed support with advanced download filters (incl. regex)
  • Many Bittorrent extensions supported:
    • Magnet links
    • Distributed hash table (DHT), peer exchange protocol (PEX), local peer discovery (LSD)
    • Private torrents
    • Encrypted connections
    • and many more...
  • Remote control through Web user interface, written with AJAX
    • Nearly identical to the regular GUI
  • Sequential downloading (Download in order)
  • Advanced control over torrents, trackers and peers
    • Torrents queueing and prioritizing
    • Torrent content selection and prioritizing
  • Bandwidth scheduler
  • Torrent creation tool
  • IP Filtering (eMule & PeerGuardian format compatible)
  • IPv6 compliant
  • UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
  • Available on all platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, OS/2
  • Available in ~70 languages

Go ahead and try qBittorrent, you won't regret it!

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

If FBWU runs out, I have several dozen as well.

How did you accumulate several dozen? My invites max out at three.

Edited by forcebwithu

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

How did you accumulate several dozen? My invites max out at three.

My guess is this is because I donate $20 a month, just to keep my VIP rating in effect. The invites from that accumulate. I am a fairly active user. All of my video viewing is from IPT with the exception of a couple of news streaming services, which are free.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

My guess is this is because I donate $20 a month, just to keep my VIP rating in effect. The invites from that accumulate. I am a fairly active user. All of my video viewing is from IPT with the exception of a couple of news streaming services, which are free.

Yup same with me  and as a donor you have access to their IPTV service which is very good covers about any channels you want US=and the UK as well as many other countrys

babydollsaddict.gif

Concur with @Garzan for qBittorrent+plugins, been my choice for a long time. Running on my Synology NAS so any torrent is immediately available on my TV through the media server. Works like a charm.