• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlantheBuilder

• andrew

• irj888

• SlickMonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The answer to this question of best delivered pizza a year ago was hands down, Scooby's Pizza.

In October, I called the number I had for Scooby's and they took my order but it was not the same pizza. He must of sold to another pizza place. A year ago, it was a large pie, 200 baht delivered. I usually give 20 baht tip. I ate over 100 of them.

Does anything else come close now?

Moon%20Rover%20W_jpg.jpg

Pizza Company IMO is the best choice, but the one inside Tesco Lotus is a bit on the noisy side with all the arcade games close by...

Angie

[email protected]

www.thairewardsgolf.com

• 3 weeks later...

I will not eat Italian American food in Thailand. Never.

Well first of all, pizza is just Italian full stop. American "pizza" can be ok if you are hungry, but has nothing to do with the real stuff.

Second, why not in LOS once in a while? I was raised in Naples, Italy, and I believe I can tell if a pizza is good. Through the years I had some fantastic pizzas in Austria, Hungary, Greece, you name it. Some people around the world, Italians or not, know how to do it right.

Pizza Big in Naklua was quite good last time I visited (2008). The one in Oasis in Jomtien at soi 5 corner beach road was ok because Enzo (the Italian chef, hope he's still there) is a real master but they have electric oven which is a big minus for taste. Next week I finally go back to P, maybe I'll try and report.

Thai food is great but a good pizza is always welcome. Hey, never forget that pizza is like sex: when it's good, it's great; when it's so-so, it's still good...

Not sure where the best pizza is, but want to vent about The Pizza Company in Central Festival, for having the worst service I've experienced in Pattaya. My TGF has developed a weird passion for spaghetti, so I've taken her there 3 times recently. Every time the staff have screwed up the order somehow (things we didn't order arriving, things we did order not coming), and upon being told that we did/didn't order something they have been very rude, scowling and sulking and openly bitching about us to each other. They seem wilfully unhelpful - for instance, as a farang and a thai arriving together we've been given 2 English menus or 2 Thai menus, they've seemingly never been smart enough to figure out that we need one of each.

After 3 strikes I refuse to eat there again, so last time I took her to The Pizza Company at Royal Garden Plaza instead, where the service was very good.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Well first of all, pizza is just Italian full stop. American "pizza" can be ok if you are hungry, but has nothing to do with the real stuff.

Second, why not in LOS once in a while? I was raised in Naples, Italy, and I believe I can tell if a pizza is good. Through the years I had some fantastic pizzas in Austria, Hungary, Greece, you name it. Some people around the world, Italians or not, know how to do it right.

Pizza Big in Naklua was quite good last time I visited (2008). The one in Oasis in Jomtien at soi 5 corner beach road was ok because Enzo (the Italian chef, hope he's still there) is a real master but they have electric oven which is a big minus for taste. Next week I finally go back to P, maybe I'll try and report.

Thai food is great but a good pizza is always welcome. Hey, never forget that pizza is like sex: when it's good, it's great; when it's so-so, it's still good...

I agree. I never understood pizza described as American. It's Italian.

Good to see a recommendation from an Italian. There's no reason why pizza can't be made well abroad if the chef has access to proper ingredient and a proper oven.

I would LOVE to hear some feedback from you after your next visit.

I'll be there in May/June and will eat at your suggestion. Please report.

Edited by MONOCHROMEMAN

Good to see a recommendation from an Italian. There's no reason why pizza can't be made well abroad if the chef has access to proper ingredient and a proper oven.

I'll do my best. Departure Sunday. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it...

• 2 weeks later...

you have to go Planet food on 2nd rd. its between the avenue and a group of beer bars and i think from memory directly opposite a big shop that sells suitcases, backpacks etc. pizzas are delicious (i like the italian pork sausage pizza and the parma ham), pastas are great and has an italian boss who is in quite regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

OK here is my report.

Pizza Big in Naklua: 7/10. Well done, good toppings, well cooked. Only downside: they use raw tomato sauce. While this is ok in an electric oven (where pizza sits 10 minutes +), it is not in a wooden-fired oven where the pizza stays 3 or 4 minutes at most. The raw sauce stays raw and its taste is just not right. I hope their management read this forum because their pizza could be really good with this minor adjustment.

La Piola on 2nd road: 6/10. Too thin, toppings ok, slightly undercooked. Forgettable.

Oasis in Jomtien beach road corner soi 5 (electric oven): 6.5/10. Not bad for an electric oven, well prepared but nothing more.

Hopf Brewhaus Beach road corner soi 13/1: 8.5/10. Now this one was really good. The tomato sauce was slightly pre-cooked with some basil as it should be, mozzarella was first rate, flavours and cooking just perfect. Pizza was a bit too "rounded" (it should be irregular on the outside: the reason is quite long to explain, if anyone is interested I'll elaborate later on that). The place is also very nice but I found one major downside: it was freezing cold. At 2 p.m. temperature was close to 20C and I just had to run away as soon as I finished my pizza. Crazy. I know many people like it but it was just too cold for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just tried the pizza at tuscano's it was a cheese olive, mushroom, ham, and artichokes

it had to of been one of the best i've had so far. they use a thin crust

I went again today and it was still good hereis what i got for 413baht

pizza with a big cappucino

pizza (Medium).JPG

Edited by jim2k

I just tried the pizza at tuscano's it was a cheese olive, mushroom, ham, and artichokes

it had to of been one of the best i've had so far. they use a thin crust

I went again today and it was still good hereis what i got for 413baht

pizza with a big cappucino

post-13181-126787191388_thumb.jpg

wow, directions to this place? that looks good.

its on beach rd right next to Discovery beach hotel. you can't miss it its fenced in on its own property

Edited by jim2k

• 5 weeks later...

New Pizza place located off of Soi Buakhow. PattayaPizza.com menu, directions and phone # are on the website. Great pie, try American Hot, Chicken Pesto or the "real" pepperoni. First pizza I've ever had in Thailand that had actual pepperoni on it and enough sauce.

culvers will settle this for you - go to the avenue shopping place on second road, right below the shenanigans pub is a pizza place, wood fired pizza or something like that. Its top notch fella

thats pizza pizza there is also one in central downstairs