IGNORED

Error 520/525, Error 403 and Error 1015

forcebwithu

Per Post 18, that's the error screen I had nearly all day yesterday here in the UK

You come back on here, and there's no mention of anybody having similar issues, until I thought to look in this sub-forum.

2 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Per Post 18, that's the error screen I had nearly all day yesterday here in the UK

Looks to me like all reports are from the UK ... better stock up maybe they're looking at locking you down 28 Days Later style :D

Seriously though, looks like an issue from UK?

2 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Looks to me like all reports are from the UK ... better stock up maybe they're looking at locking you down 28 Days Later style :D

Seriously though, looks like an issue from UK?

Only on Pattaya Addicts though.

Not sure how my ip address shows up but I'm actually in Norway roaming on a UK mobile.

Four times in the last 75 minutes.

Thanks @thinkingallowed for the extra info. Just asking around with the larger mod team, see if anyone's heard any other sites with same issue.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2020 at 15:04, thinkingallowed said:

A lot of 403 errors here.

On 19/04/2020 at 03:00, Ru4Real said:

Noticed, but even the still "shouldn't" be a 403.

Page is OK here, was thinking along the lines of geospecific issue.

The issues we've had on PA since we moved to the Invision cloud platform have indeed been issues with CloudFront and not PA issues alone.

I'm getting the 403 issue using Opera but I go straight onto Chrome and it lets me log on, give it 5 minutes and Opera lets me log on, I've tried deleting cookies, run Malwarebytes and Avast and neither have found any issues. I've had this since Friday or Saturday

23 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

You come back on here, and there's no mention of anybody having similar issues, until I thought to look in this sub-forum.

I've edited the topic title to include Error 403 in case someone else is searching for a topic on this issue.

• Like 2

Looks like it's affecting other sites; support ticket has been opened with the providers.

Using iPad pro and Safari.

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner. 
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: DMv94cNgVAKsyLJM294gFSB0hl9IB4Q_DQlhWA8AYCCAqMgYnk8Siw==

• 3 months later...

Here's a new one for you @whitespider. Got this message while using Chrome on my laptop after clicking Load New Activity while viewing My New Content. Might have been a momentary glitch as it seems to have now resolved itself. Thought I'd report in case it starts happening with increasing frequency.

image.png

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Here's a new one for you @whitespider. Got this message while using Chrome on my laptop after clicking Load New Activity while viewing My New Content. Might have been a momentary glitch as it seems to have now resolved itself. Thought I'd report in case it starts happening with increasing frequency.

image.png

U&nfortunately we are under attack again - we are working on trying to get things sorted out asap. I have asked someone a bit more techie to come to this thread

• Like 1

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

image.png

I have added rate limiting through cloudflare, I had it set at 7 clicks every 10 seconds, I have now adjusted it to 10 clicks every second. Hopefully its ok now (to stop bot attack)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitespider said:

U&nfortunately we are under attack again - we are working on trying to get things sorted out asap. I have asked someone a bit more techie to come to this thread

1 minute ago, LaaMok said:

I have added rate limiting, I have adjusted it. Hopefully its ok now (to stop bot attack)

Thanks for the quick reply.

This may have come about because as I view new content I right click on go to first new post and select open in new tab for topics I'm interested in. This means the forum software is handling multiple simultaneous requests from my IP address. Sometimes up to ten or so at a time as I quickly scan new content and select topics to open in new tabs. If the adjustment to rate limiting doesn't help, I'll just right click slower. :Chokdee:

• Like 1

Just now, forcebwithu said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

This may have come about because as I view new content I right click on go to first new post and select open in new tab for topics I'm interested in. This means the forum software is handling multiple simultaneous requests from my IP address. Sometimes up to ten or so at a time as I quickly scan new content and select topics to open in new tabs. If the adjustment to rate limiting doesn't help, I'll just right click slower. :Chokdee:

I do the same thing,  thanks for letting me know, i will figure out how many i can do in 10 seconds and change it accordingly

• Like 1

I've just been getting the 1015 you've been banned message

1 minute ago, tez4life said:

I've just been getting the 1015 you've been banned message

could you tell me what you were doing?  I have increased it again, so it should be ok.  The ban is only 1 minute anyway

2 minutes ago, LaaMok said:

could you tell me what you were doing?  I have increased it again, so it should be ok.  The ban is only 1 minute anyway

I logged in and as soon as I clicked on a topic in new content flashed straight up 3 times in a row. Let me load one up now

Edited by tez4life

16 hours ago, LaaMok said:

I have added rate limiting through cloudflare, I had it set at 7 clicks every 10 seconds, I have now adjusted it to 10 clicks every second. Hopefully its ok now (to stop bot attack)

Right clicked on multiple topics this morning as I usually do with no problems. So the adjustment you made appears to be working just fine. Thanks.

• 3 years later...

Gotta bring up an old thread as this is the only one with info about Error 1015.  I've been getting Error 1015: You are being rate limited.   This occurs while trying to browse image heavy threads in the the advanced members area.  Some of those threads have a LOT of pics per page.  I believe I probably had multiple browser tabs open at the time.   I'll chill out but just wanted to let you know in case its an issue.

On 21/08/2023 at 21:01, anon_nyc said:

Gotta bring up an old thread as this is the only one with info about Error 1015.  I've been getting Error 1015: You are being rate limited.   This occurs while trying to browse image heavy threads in the the advanced members area.  Some of those threads have a LOT of pics per page.  I believe I probably had multiple browser tabs open at the time.   I'll chill out but just wanted to let you know in case its an issue.

Are you still getting them ?

Based on the thread and googling it, it would appear that 1015 occurs when the website (PA) is getting hit with too many "requests" in too short a time from the same user (you).

It occurring on threads with too many pics would be PA sending information to YOU. It doesn't sound to me like the pic thread(s) would cause that error.

In any case, if you're still getting the error you might want to contact a mod directly with a message, or just "ping" one of them here in this thread.

Hope this helps.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Still getting them, but only when viewing specific threads that contain lots of large images.  Its only a few pages of certain threads that do this, and those pages are basically just all pictures, consecutive posts by a BM with multiple pics per post. I'm not knowledgeable at all about website functioning, my guess is when I open one of those pages my IP address is pinging/requesting data from a PA server? 

I looked around for a way to limit the number of posts shown per page but I couldnt find a way to change it in my settings. I've just refrained from clicking on those threads for now, theres plenty of other content to browse.  But I will reach out to a mod about it.   Thanks!  

18 minutes ago, anon_nyc said:

Still getting them, but only when viewing specific threads that contain lots of large images.  Its only a few pages of certain threads that do this, and those pages are basically just all pictures, consecutive posts by a BM with multiple pics per post. I'm not knowledgeable at all about website functioning, my guess is when I open one of those pages my IP address is pinging/requesting data from a PA server? 

I looked around for a way to limit the number of posts shown per page but I couldnt find a way to change it in my settings. I've just refrained from clicking on those threads for now, theres plenty of other content to browse.  But I will reach out to a mod about it.   Thanks!  

What browser are you using?

Testicles

2 hours ago, anon_nyc said:

google chrome, incognito mode if that matters.

We are looking into this. Can you let me know specifically in what threads you are getting the error ?

Testicles

Sure, I am able to replicate the 1015 error when browsing the following thread:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/90466-post-some-pics-of-your-hotel-roomvilla-conquests/page/89/#comments

If I click through 3-4 pages I get the following error:

Error 1015

Ray ID: 800896910da6435d • 2023-09-02 20:43:56 UTC

You are being rate limited

What happened?

The owner of this website (forum.pattaya-addicts.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

*edit - the temp ban seems to be lifted almost immediately now, whereas it lasted a lot longer when I first encountered the issue.  

Edited by anon_nyc

5 hours ago, anon_nyc said:

Sure, I am able to replicate the 1015 error when browsing the following thread:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/90466-post-some-pics-of-your-hotel-roomvilla-conquests/page/89/#comments

If I click through 3-4 pages I get the following error:

Error 1015

Ray ID: 800896910da6435d • 2023-09-02 20:43:56 UTC

You are being rate limited

What happened?

The owner of this website (forum.pattaya-addicts.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

*edit - the temp ban seems to be lifted almost immediately now, whereas it lasted a lot longer when I first encountered the issue.  

Thanks for the info. Have passed details onto our  tech support

Testicles