Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Error 520/525, Error 403 and Error 1015

forcebwithu

Forum response time has been very slow the last couple of days. Frequently ends with one of these two error messages. I'm using Chrome and my connection is True fibre 200M/200M.

Screen Shot 04-18-20 at 03.34 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 04-18-20 at 03.53 PM.JPG

Edited by forcebwithu
added Error 403 & Error 1015 to the topic title
  • Like 2

just to give another anecdotal data point: i personally didn't have any connection problems at all in the last few days and load times have been good. (they're never overly quick, but it was ok and no big deal). connecting from Switzerland. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

A lot of 403 errors here.

Think it’s down to the traffic volume . In the uk it I get these errors till late afternoon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was some talk a week or so ago about Netflix possibly causing the entire internet to crash with so many people turning to  the 'net to watch movies, along with watching ('net) TV, video, play games, etc.

So I guess it's not surprising to see a connection/volume issue and occasional slow response time here and there.

Over the last few weeks I've seen this particular (Cloudfare) error page only once, on another discussion board, so here, (southeast USA) I'm not seeing many "hiccups".

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

4 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

A lot of 403 errors here.

4FA5C196-9303-4C2F-9A0D-92D917E32967.thumb.png.4cfb3ac6949cd046f61da54cc5dce99f.png

Really bad today, has occurred for a few days. No other forums even with same software.

Edited by thinkingallowed

Got the same error as in the OP yesterday for probably a couple of hours. Wasn't checking it regularly enough to know for sure how long it was.

Edit: First time I've seen any issues for months.

Edited by simon6666

2 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

No other forums even with same software.

Are you using TapaTalk?

Last we knew of an issue was Friday. An issue took out forums on various sites using the same hosting as us. PA was down for 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Ru4Real said:

Are you using TapaTalk?

No.

Chrome on an iPhone.

Edited by thinkingallowed

2 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Chrome on an iPhone.

Cool, thought I'd ask due to the way you put it.

What pages are you getting it on and how are you getting  to those pages?

A 403 means you're forbidden to access something, being Advanced, you really shouldn't be seeing a 403 at all.

I have been having  403 errors as well now few times a day and for the last few days.I use Apple ipad and sometimes Laptop Windows, Firefox browser.Access from the Uk.

19 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

I have been having  403 errors as well now few times a day and for the last few days.

Interesting, as mentioned you shouldn't be getting a 403.

"The 403 Forbidden Error happens when the web page (or other resource) that you’re trying to open in your web browser is a resource that you’re not allowed to access. It’s called a 403 error because that’s the HTTP status code that the web server uses to describe that kind of error. You usually get this error for one of two reasons. The first is that the owners of the web server have properly set up access permissions, and that you’re really not allowed access to the resource. The second reason is that the owners of the web server have improperly set up permissions and you’re getting denied access when you really shouldn’t be."

There hasn't been setup changes this end so strange why it's cropping up now. You been getting hit with them on all your devices?

For anyone else that pops in here because of an error, bit of a "refresher", if you hit an error can you please let us know as much detail as possible:

• What the error was (e.g. was it just a white screen? did it give an error code?)
    • If you can copy and paste an error message, brilliant, if not a screenshot can help
    • What you where doing (e.g. "clicked on X topic from Y page",  "clicked X topic from the list I'm following" or "tried to go to this page from my bookmarks" etc,)
    • Operating system/kit (e.g. Mac, Win 10, mobile - iOS/Android)
    • Browser you use/have tried

1 hour ago, Ru4Real said:

Interesting, as mentioned you shouldn't be getting a 403.

You been getting hit with them on all your devices?

just the windows 7 Laptop using firefox and Ipad.Have an android phone but rarely use that to access forum.Not just a white screen but quite a bit of it looks lile computer code on it and some of the numbers on it would change when refreshed.I think most of the times just when  refreshing forum so when pressing view "new content button"

@thinkingallowed and @Gaztop08 can you do me a favour gents, if you get another 403 can you screenshot it and PM me straight away. Bit of a longshot but something has come to mind that I may be able to confirm or debunk with specifics.

1 minute ago, Ru4Real said:

@thinkingallowed and @Gaztop08 can you do me a favour gents, if you get another 403 can you screenshot it and PM me straight away. Bit of a longshot but something has come to mind that I may be able to confirm or debunk with specifics.

Yes ok will do.

3 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Cool, thought I'd ask due to the way you put it.

What pages are you getting it on and how are you getting  to those pages?

A 403 means you're forbidden to access something, being Advanced, you really shouldn't be seeing a 403 at all.

While the error reported by @thinkingallowed is a 403 error, the description mentions CloudFront. Coincidently the donation page for Captain Tom is now throwing off the same error. Think this might be an Amazon CloudFront issue that is effecting a number of sites using their service.

Screen Shot 04-19-20 at 07.48 AM.JPG

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

While the error reported by thinkingallowed is a 403 error, the description mentions CloudFront

Noticed, but even the still "shouldn't" be a 403.

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Coincidently the donation page for Captain Tom is now throwing off the same error.

Page is OK here, was thinking along the lines of geospecific issue.

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Think this might be an Amazon CloudFront issue that is effecting a number of sites using their service.

The issues we've had on PA since we moved to the Invision cloud platform have indeed been issues with CloudFront and not PA issues alone.

5 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Noticed, but even the still "shouldn't" be a 403.

Page is OK here, was thinking along the lines of geospecific issue.

The issues we've had on PA since we moved to the Invision cloud platform have indeed been issues with CloudFront and not PA issues alone.

You're right about the donation page being a geospecific issue. Just logged on to a server in the US and that page is working fine. 

£25 million in donations. Just amazing!

image.png

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

£25 million in donations. Just amazing!

People never fail to amaze when real shit happens, always brings a smile to my face ... even with the cynical twats that still turn up to try and kill the mood in feelgood topics.

@Gaztop08 Thanks again for the PM, unfortunately, investigating didn't cast anymore light on things. It does appear to prove your getting rejected (the 403) before you even hit PA which, although doesn't much help you, does alleviate some concerns along the lines of perhaps some site setting going belly up. 

If we get enough reports with timings etc. we can open a ticket with Invision but I'm leaning towards certain locations just having so much traffic bottlenecks on local networks are getting clogged for a few seconds.

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

While the error reported by @thinkingallowed is a 403 error, the description mentions CloudFront. Coincidently the donation page for Captain Tom is now throwing off the same error. Think this might be an Amazon CloudFront issue that is effecting a number of sites using their service.

Screen Shot 04-19-20 at 07.48 AM.JPG

CF666C30-D54B-416E-B371-4E6DB712DF9A.thumb.png.3c7dbd8e7a0d965fc37c968bfadbeb18.png

Yup same thing for me

Plus for a while I've have to touch the screen twice to open posts, this on multiple Apple devices. Doesn't happen on any other invision IP.Boards.

5 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Done in post #22