Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nams taxi - no longer from don meung

march2014

7 hours ago, camhole said:

I had a male driver the first time I used her. Great dude that was funny as hell and a quick yet sane driver that got me to my hotel safe and secure. 

The second time I used her I got an older female driver. That trip took longer and she didn’t have nearly the sense of humor that the previous driver had. 

All in all, I enjoy her service. 

1 hour ago, Encora said:

Did you give Nam feedback on this?
She very rarely ever uses male drivers, and if she would be forced to do so due to a sudden cancellation, she would not do so without checking with you. 
Could it be that the guy who picked you up was a rogue driver, who asked reception who it was waiting for a taxi, and picked you up before Nam's driver arrived? This has happened a couple of times...

If you did not give feedback to Nam, could you give me by PM your name and booking details, hotel, date and time, and I'll get her to check it out.

She cannot keep tabs on quality y of drivers without feedback from her passengers .

39 minutes ago, Shaygate said:

Sorry posted before i saw Encora was on the case! 

It appears that Nam uses male drivers more than some who think they are in the know realise.

cheers.

14 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

There is a virtually free bus from Don Mueng to Suvaraphumi airport. You could arrange for Nam to pick you up where the bus comes to BKK.

The bus is free only if you have a flight from Suvarnabhumi and show them your reservation.

34 minutes ago, Nefermaat said:

The bus is free only if you have a flight from Suvarnabhumi and show them your reservation.

I said "virtually free" because the ticket price is 50 baht or so.

3 hours ago, ausmagoo said:

It appears that Nam uses male drivers more than some who think they are in the know realise.

cheers.

I have never seen one, but someone posted that male drivers are for her minivans, which I never use.

6 hours ago, ausmagoo said:

cheers.

Good for her.. that's great service IMO. She advertises all female drivers but on the rare occassion that a last minute issue arises and there isn't a female driver available she contacts the customer to check.if they'd mind having a male driver instead at the risk of possibly losing the booking. I wonder what the other taxi services would do in the same situation. My guess is that they'd just send any old driver despite the customers preference.

Bravo Nams.  :D

Oh and er ... cheers

Edited by Macawber

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 hours ago, ausmagoo said:

cheers.

My guess would be the people who think they ‘know’ more than the people in the ‘know’ are just trying to stir shit for no apparent reason now. 

5 hours ago, Macawber said:

Good for her.. that's great service IMO. She advertises all female drivers but on the rare occassion that a last minute issue arises and there isn't a female driver available she contacts the customer to check.if they'd mind having a male driver instead at the risk of possibly losing the booking. I wonder what the other taxi services would do in the same situation. My guess is that they'd just send any old driver despite the customers preference.

Bravo Nams.  :D

Oh and er ... cheers

Agree....as long as the taxi you booked shows up with a safe driver....all is good.

cheers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

My guess would be the people who think they ‘know’ more than the people in the ‘know’ are just trying to stir shit for no apparent reason now. 

You mean like the people who claim she only uses female drivers who have jumped in to "question" the ones on this thread who said that they had a male driver when they used her.

cheers 

23 minutes ago, ausmagoo said:

You mean like the people who claim she only uses female drivers who have jumped in to "question" the ones on this thread who said that they had a male driver when they used her.

cheers 

2 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

Ok fellas,  you've made your point now let's move on. 

Personally I don't care if she supplied male driver my only concern is about safety. 

But that is not what this thread is about , it is about whether she does pick -up or drop-offs to DMK or not.

Got a quote for 2100 baht tolls included from PT Taxi from Don meung to Pat's, anyone done the trip lately.

Have never had troubles with Nat’s pattaya taxi. (Line - nattaxi247). DM 1600, BKK downtown 1500; Swampy 1200. Used many times only once a driver no-show which was quickly solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a booking with her on Saturday night.  Just confirmed that they are still going there but only if you call the driver when you get there. 

Edited by electoff

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2019 at 17:38, Explorer8939 said:

There is a virtually free bus from DMK to BKK.

you could probably have Nam pick you up at BKK.

You can only use this bus if you have a plane ticket, so it's not available for anyone wanting to transfer between the airports.

2 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

You can only use this bus if you have a plane ticket, so it's not available for anyone wanting to transfer between the airports.

Unless you pay the 60 baht.

4 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

Unless you pay the 60 baht.

Ok. Good to know. You learn something everyday.

1 minute ago, jpmelville said:

Ok. Good to know. You learn something everyday.

You mean on days one login to PA?  :hello09:

4 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

You mean on days one login to PA?  :hello09:

Not really. I was living in Pattaya for over two years and daily sneak peek to PA usually don't give me any new insights.

On 15/12/2019 at 15:31, electoff said:

I have a booking with her on Saturday night.  Just confirmed that they are still going there but only if you call the driver when you get there. 

I confirm I was collected as booked by the lovely Mint and was also taken to Don Meung.  Great service as usual collected me for the departure 30 minutes early.  Always impressed with their service.  As for the airport itself well ....