IGNORED

Caddy recommendations

Rikamaroo

im in pattaya (first time to Pattaya / second time to Thailand) and want to play a few rounds.  Trying to find a course that will allow a single to book.  

Google Thaiger Line golf, located on Soi Pothole. I play as a single thru them and never had a problem. Can even store your clubs there.

I can second the Thai Ger Line recommendation.  I also play as a single and they have always been good to me.  I like Chee Chong, but on occasion that course will not accept a booking for a single, they will let you "standby".  I tend to play very early in the morning (like the first tee time early) so many times I will go out alone and finish the first 9 holes quickly.  It has caused some back up when making the turn, but all in all a good experience.  I will continue to use Thai Ger Line for my bookings.  They arrange it all, tee time, caddy fees, transportation, etc.  Except for caddy gratuity.  I do not know what the mark up for all of those services and have thought about getting one of the PSC card and seeing how much it would save me to book my own transport and make my own bookings.  If I. would only save a couple of hundred baht probably not worth the effort.  

1 hour ago, Skyryder said:

I can second the Thai Ger Line recommendation.  I also play as a single and they have always been good to me.  I like Chee Chong, but on occasion that course will not accept a booking for a single, they will let you "standby".  I tend to play very early in the morning (like the first tee time early) so many times I will go out alone and finish the first 9 holes quickly.  It has caused some back up when making the turn, but all in all a good experience.  I will continue to use Thai Ger Line for my bookings.  They arrange it all, tee time, caddy fees, transportation, etc.  Except for caddy gratuity.  I do not know what the mark up for all of those services and have thought about getting one of the PSC card and seeing how much it would save me to book my own transport and make my own bookings.  If I. would only save a couple of hundred baht probably not worth the effort.  

It's actually Chee *Chan. 

Curious why the wait on the back 9 if you're one of the first to tee off? Are they sending people off both sides to start? If so, that's pretty greedy imo and sucks. I wouldn't be happy considering how much they charge. 

Have you considered joining one of the many golf societies around town? Well organized with reasonable rates. 

On 16/12/2023 at 06:14, garthe said:

Assuming the general concept of finding a cute caddy and playing a round is the same?   

im in pattaya (first time to Pattaya / second time to Thailand) and want to play a few rounds.  Trying to find a course that will allow a single to book.  

Finding a cute caddy is pot luck

You rock up and there are a pike of caddies there 

The caddy master will assign you who is next on the schedule if you don't make contact with one upon arrival and claim her as your own

Best suggestion I can make is keep eye out where ever you are and take the number of any pretty caddy you see

Then book ahead next time you front 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png