Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Central Festival

plahgat

Hi,guys!

Here's some pictures I took on the opening day 23 january 2009 of Central Festival Shopping Centre.

Plahgat

CentralFestivalSecondRd.jpg

Entrance to Central Department Store.

CentralDepartmentstore.jpg

My special place! Central FoodPark.

CentralFoodParkEntrance.jpg

FoodPark

CentralFoodPark2.jpg

Roasted Duck Foodstall.

RoastDuckCentralFoodPark.jpg

Foodstall Chefs.

CentralFoodParkChefs.jpg

Bread and Pasta.

BreadandPastaCentralFoodPark.jpg

Interior of the Shopping Mall.

InteriorofCentralFestivalShoppin-2.jpg

InteriorofCentralFestivalShoppin-1.jpg

InteriorofCentralFestivalShoppingCe.jpg

Colourful Promotion Girl.

ColourfulPromotionGirl.jpg

View to the North.

Viewtothenorth.jpg

View towards the Beachfront.

BeachFrontView.jpg

View to the South.

Viewtothesouth.jpg

Central festival Beachfront showstage.

CentralFestivalBeachFrontShowstage.jpg

Central Festival Beachfront.

CentralFestivalBeachFront.jpg

When no money... she no give honey! 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gogo dog

• dude 947

• noodles

• deadwood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder how good it is doing under those economic circumstances.

The food court looks nice though....

large sig = small penis

wow that a very impressive place, no need to go anywhere else by the looks of it, food looks nice and prepared in hygenic conditions.

Is there a book store in the new mall? Something like Asia books?

Just wondering...

yes i'm pretty sure it has a few bookstores including a Bookazine and Asia Books.

i bet the other malls especially big c will feel the pinch with this opening

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I come home on the 18th of jan and i can't believe they got it opened by the 23rd, it really is a massive centre and looks great.

wow...i stand corrected from an earlier post, i never thought they'd gitter open this soon...looks like Royal and Mikes will be seeing a dent in their traffic, nice place from the look of it...will have to check out the place next month.

Just wondering...

I saw 2 bookstores, one was Asia books, I cant recall the name of the other one. I didn't see a Bookazine. But the mall is huge, I could have easily missed it.

It's a huge place indeed, 6 floors filled with shops and restaurants, including Central Department Store, SFX Cinema, Bowling Alley and even an in-doors ice-scating rink!

Plenty of eateries and restaurants, although strangely enough didn't see any MCDonalds, KFC or Burger King!?

A big Supersports shop and Electronics shop, think it was "Powerbuy"?

Antiques and souvenirs in the basement and so on...

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Just another Building to be filled with Hair Dressers and massage placeses.

I went over the weekend, and much to my surprise was very impressed. Not just by the scale of it, but how upscale it was. Although some shops hadn't opened, most had and these seemed to be much higher quality than those in the existing Pattaya malls. The centre wouldn't be out of place as a major centre in Bangkok, Singapore or Hong Kong. Very classy, and not at all touristy. They seem to be aiming very much at upper/middle class thais and professional expats, and maybe the welathier tourists. Will it work? I doubt they'll have enough customers to achieve their goals, but we'll see. It certainly makes everything else in Pattaya look second rate. For once I can almost believe the hype about "this will transform Pattaya".

Asia books is there (a smallish store) and they have an anchor bookshop called (I think) BS books, large store but only a smallish English book selection. Shame, as I would really likel to have seen something like the japanese bookshop in Bangkok's emporium.

Plenty of eateries and restaurants, although strangely enough didn't see any MCDonalds, KFC or Burger King!?

Plahgat

KFC by the 2nd road entrance, ground floor (for my part there seemed many more attractive eating options. Interesting looking dim sum place on a higher floor - too busy to try at the weekend).

Two KFC's basement and 4th floor (beach front, good view), there is no maccies, burger king, deli France or chesters. There is lots of Japanese food places, although a little pricey.

Interesting looking dim sum place on a higher floor - too busy to try at the weekend.

We ate in there yesterday for Chinese New Year, it's on level 5 and called The Canton House. it is ala carte which is a bit disappointing for dim sum (yum cha). I'd much prefer to choose from the trolleys but the prices are very reasonable at 15 baht per basket.

please tell me ....where on beach road is it?????????????? :GoldenSmile1:

please tell me ....where on beach road is it?????????????? :GoldenSmile1:

I'm not in Pattaya but in one of the roof top photos you can see that it is right next to the police station.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com