IGNORED

Cost of breakfast

drwb

19 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

First up - it is not a "free breakfast"! When you look at the options you will see that it shuld be more accurately described as "Breakfast included". Agoda and the other on-line booking sites are misleading and misrepresenting the offer. 

Second - many of the hotels have been(were) colonized by Chinese packages tour group so as I have found out to my cost, the breakfast features their tastes and the western food on offer is both meager and uninteresting. 

Third - on holiday it can becoming boring breakfasting at he same spot every morning.

Fourthly - in Pattaya there is a diverse range of interesting restaurants that offer good value western breakfast at a very competitive price.

Fifth - you may not want a large breakfast everyday but as it has been included the tendency is to eat it and, 

Finally - taking the opportunity to walk out and explore the area while looking for a breakfast spot has a number of other positives.

My advice - do not opt for the breakfast included. Better to self manage  

Totally agree

On 23/06/2019 at 20:49, ShaneFalco said:

On my third trip to Pattaya i made the mistake of getting a room with breakfast included.

I stayed 24 days and got the breakfast once… Coming home from a drinking session. Pretty expensive brekkie.

Same same me. Or I've ended up getting up with a raging hangover and racing down to make it before they stop serving at 9.30am (9.30am?! Fuck that for a game of soldiers - I'm on holiday!) or whatever, then bolting down a breakfast I don't want then feeling sick and belchy all day. 

I book without breakfast now. You can get up when you want. If you're hungry, there's street food, or there are dozens of places all around any central hotel that do a good all-day western breakfast washed down with a mug of tea or, preferably, if you've risen at a 'holidaying' hour, a nice cold beer or three.

Trying new/different eateries is part of the fun.

Be good to yourself. You're on holiday.

Tom Tit

Edited by Tom Tit
  • Like 3

Ron went home for a meal and a wash, but what he had seen over there did not let him rest.

• 4 weeks later...

70 bath breakfast in soi 8 : Sailor Bar , love this I’m here every morning.
Can’t recommend enough

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

:Flying: Next trip -> Expat 2024 

On my last trip I had breakfast included (Centara Azure). Very good buffet, but it was difficult for me to be there until 10 a.m.
I never pay extra for the hotel breakfast because I like the flexibility and want to try new restaurants / food courts.

• 2 months later...

I watched a video on Thailand in general yesterday which stated breakfast is usually the most expensive meal of the day at least around Chiang Mai.

$3-4 dollars seems like what they were saying the average was. 

Seems like your better off going to local spots and having the option to get some overall variation. In my experience traveling extensively some hotel breakfasts are better than others. I prefer to try quality local places unless I can get free Chobani and cereal to mix. 

29 minutes ago, Beirn said:

I watched a video on Thailand in general yesterday which stated breakfast is usually the most expensive meal of the day at least around Chiang Mai.

Seems like your better off going to local spots and having the option to get some overall variation. In my experience traveling extensively some hotel breakfasts are better than others. I prefer to try quality local places unless I can get free Chobani and cereal to mix. 

100 baht for a good breakfast sounds fine to me. Don't understand the post.

Pattaya really does have a breakfast for everyone as there is such a good selection and value.  Did spend more time in Vietnam this past trip and really did not find the breakfast as tasty - coffee may have been bit better.    Also, does seem like it much more common in Vietnam for them to include breakfast with accommodation and eating at the same place never a good idea.  Breakfast is a very good thing in Pattaya.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beirn said:

I have only been to Chiang Mai 4 times and all the hotels I stayed at had breakfast included.

I know that I'm paying for it in the price of the room, however they was never a price without the breakfast. 

I did notice that there were several options for getting breakfast around the 100 to 150 baht which isn't that much more than Pattaya. 

I don't see how you can say its the most expensive meal of the day there. Lunches and even dinner special were more than any of the breakfast.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 26/08/2019 at 03:24, Kahoy said:

I think the best breakfast value is Casa Pascal, 262 for a buffet, all you can eat. They will cook you an omelette or bacon as you watch. They bake their own bread and have about 6 varieties of bread, unlimited coffee, a bain marie of cooked food with 2 soups, salad, desserts, fruit ...

Agreed.

It's a great breakfast.

MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMBODIA-Part-Torn-Jagged-ebook/dp/B00L0LC8TO

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

I have only been to Chiang Mai 4 times and all the hotels I stayed at had breakfast included.

Chiang Mai: I have been many times; most recently in November 2019 I was in a hotel near Thapae Gate. For breakfast walk through the gate into the old city. Ahead across the road on the right is very good restaurant, forget the name, excellent for breakfast and for light meals. Eat on the outside terrace or indoors.

In Pattaya I normally stay in Naklua Road area. Best value is the buffet breakfast at Lek Villa Hotel, 150 bahts, all you can eat, farang and Thai food.  I eat up big there and need only a small snack for lunch.

Other possibilities are further up Naklua Road opposite Soi Wong Amat: KISS or Bon Cafe. Or about 70m down Soi Wong Amat, Little Heidelberg for big German breakfast.

• 2 months later...
On 06/03/2020 at 01:10, ElDiablo said:

70 bath breakfast in soi 8 : Sailor Bar , love this I’m here every morning.
Can’t recommend enough

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

what do you get for that price? any pictures/menu?

For 99 i went tot his https://goo.gl/maps/9vp8sewQ5MorkQEcA place often because it includes more for the same price others offer at 99 baht. 

10 hours ago, Fistful said:

what do you get for that price? any pictures/menu?

For 99 i went tot his https://goo.gl/maps/9vp8sewQ5MorkQEcA place often because it includes more for the same price others offer at 99 baht. 

hows this?.............

1465346175_22july005(Custom).JPG.5e207b3ebfaa67ed8e22cec672840a10.JPG

251787477_22july006(Custom).JPG.ec7b334a5e6cea3f9feef308211858bd.JPG

Edited by striderman

12 hours ago, striderman said:

hows this?.............

Can't tell whats on this breakfast other than coffee or tea. I know i never went there for sure because it wasn't enough value/cost (better value buying from the street vendors right accross, or coming earlier before 8 am and getting the hot soy milk/thai donut thing the street vendors next door were selling)

The way i see it might as well get a 300-600 baht breakfast buffet elsewhere, if you don't care about price, but if you want Value/Cost those 99 baht with > 3 bacon >2 toasts > 2 eggs and coffee is good. 

Tip the waitress/owner 20-50 in that case.

May expat friend raves about the Hungry Hippo breakfast at 49baht upwards and is very popular with farangs and expats, Robin the owner says he is not making any money but happy with the increase in customers that are now having breakfast there. 

• 1 month later...
Robin the owner says he is not making any money but happy with the increase in customers that are now having breakfast there. 

Losing money on every order...but trying to make it up in volume.

A sure recipe for disaster.

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that it's better that you go for the cheaper option just to be more practical. By saving some, you can have more budget to spend around the area. There, you can try more food than those that are just being offered in the hotel!

I'd pay a million baht to be able to have breakfast in Patts anytime soon.

• Like 3

I agree ,looking forward to breakfast in Pattaya ,whenever it happens 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2020 at 07:54, striderman said:

hows this?.............

Very nice place for breakfast lots of variety and cheap