Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cost of breakfast

drwb

On 27/08/2019 at 05:50, SLEUTH said:

Best budget breakfast on my recent trip was Cheap Charlies next to Sutus Court on Soi Bukao, can't remember price but arounf 100 baht.

Highly recommended...great bacon for a change

Horrid sausages IMO.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 01:24, Kahoy said:

I think the best breakfast value is Casa Pascal, 262 for a buffet, all you can eat. They will cook you an omelette or bacon as you watch. They bake their own bread and have about 6 varieties of bread, unlimited coffee, a bain marie of cooked food with 2 soups, salad, desserts, fruit. Only the "juice" sucks.

Sorry but I disagree. It wasn't bad but I think the place , constantly given high marks here , is overrated.  I, more a meat person and prefer some Asian in buffets so I can mix it a little so although the bread at Casa Pascal is impressive , it wasn't doing anything for me.

Good ; yes I agree.

Best? no.

• Like 2

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Always stayed in hotels until about 2014, most had breakfast included which as my style of mongering changed became less useful unless I arrived back at the hotel after they had starting serving.555.

Same went the need for a swimming pool and gym as well as room service, this was before I retired which has also had an influence on my choice of accommodation but no disappointment for the last 5 years. (in fact some girls react a lot better).

There is no doubt there is a "breakfast war" to some extent going on and there are a few places where it is "very good" if you pay a little more.

^^^^^^^

So, an ‘American’ breakfast is an English with pancakes instead of beans? :GoldenSmile1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I had the I Rovers American breakfast last weekend on the recommendation of this forum.

Found it pretty good, though not an expert on pancakes being from the UK :D

As other posters have said, loads of options for breakfast, I tend to have muesli at home with fruit, but go out once a week for a cooked breakfast.

Current favourites are Bake n Brew and Haven plus I Rovers now...still need to try Devonshire and Smokin Joe on Soi Lengkee.

Retox has never interested me.

Definitely go with no breakfast option unless it is free and go explore...prices range from 70 baht all the way to probably 800-900+ baht for brunch buffets at the high end hotels.

If you travel with the family, then by all means go for the included hotel breakfast. In every other scenario don't.

Personally I prefer a young lass with huge set of udders for breakfast, not scrambled eggs. But then each to his own.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

A 99 baht breakfast in Bangkok at the Robin Hood

EE81BXDWwAAF8yH?format=jpg&name=large

Wow that’s cheap! I’d assume it would be decent quality if it compares to what I’ve seen being served there. I normally go there for an afternoon drink when I’m over. An American friend who frequents there semi-regularly says it has changed ownership recently? Maybe a new marketing ploy. 

• Like 1

Great 99 baht breakfast in the Hungry Hippo on Soi Buakhao. From 8am to 1pm and free refill on tea or coffee. Great value.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For me I would never include the breakfast at any place I stayed in Pattaya.  Just read the breakfast threads that are already on this forum and you will see you are spoilt for choice of really good food at reasonable prices.  Personally I go to different places each morning, many I have been to before but always try and include one in the week that I have never tried before.   Most are so good that I do not eat again until evening!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 21/09/2019 at 17:57, Bertos said:

Great 99 baht breakfast in the Hungry Hippo on Soi Buakhao. From 8am to 1pm and free refill on tea or coffee. Great value.

By the way the free refill is no longer included in the offer.

On 21/09/2019 at 18:41, yozz said:

Many places in Pattaya do decent breakfasts really cheap.

For me the best value is the 150 baht all you can eat buffet breakfast at Bay Breeze, Soi Honey. 

Eggs cooked any way you want, how ever many times you want, bacon, ham, that weird Thai sausage which is more like a small hot dog, potatoes, salad and usually a couple of Thai dishes + a Thai soup. 

Unlimited toast, juice, coffee / tea refills, others may have more variety or better quality but I’m hard pressed to find better value. 

On 27/08/2019 at 00:50, SLEUTH said:

Best budget breakfast on my recent trip was Cheap Charlies next to Sutus Court on Soi Bukao, can't remember price but arounf 100 baht.

Highly recommended...great bacon for a change

breakfasts at cheap charlies start at 89 bht. i had 1 last week and it was great for the price.

retox soi lengkee has been mentioned and they have given up on the breakfast battle

298627996_3oct009(Custom).JPG.9b062faa390d5bc6c3ebe4b136123502.JPG

17 minutes ago, Dr No said:

For me the best value is the 150 baht all you can eat buffet breakfast at Bay Breeze, Soi Honey. 

Eggs cooked any way you want, how ever many times you want, bacon, ham, that weird Thai sausage which is more like a small hot dog, potatoes, salad and usually a couple of Thai dishes + a Thai soup. 

Unlimited toast, juice, coffee / tea refills, others may have more variety or better quality but I’m hard pressed to find better value. 

I  have never tried the Bay Breeze buffet, it sounds good i will have to give it a try on my next trip, certainly couldn't knock that price for all you can eat, mind you one good sized plate is enough for me, i can never finish the last piece of fried bread on Retox's breakfast, and my favorite tasting  all English is at the seaside  restaurant on soi Chaiyapoon  150 baht, it was always 130baht but increased last year,  well shouldn't complain all prices increase at some point.

hard to beat Devonshire on soi lengkee , great value and service prices have gone up a small amount over a period of 6yrs but that is expected .

got there early one day and the pommy owner asked if i wanted a free cup of tea or coffee while waiting . don't get that at most places if any .

The additional charge for breakfast at some hotels is crazy.

Mercure wanted an extra £11 (415baht) per day when I was looking at my Feb trip. That buys you a lot of breakfast in Pattaya e.g. my favoutite, the Sportsman's largest offering at 249 baht with unlimited (excellent) coffee refills. 

On 04/09/2019 at 14:11, davidge said:

^^^^^^^

So, an ‘American’ breakfast is an English with pancakes instead of beans? :GoldenSmile1:

And black pudding, fried tomatos, mushrooms and fried  bread.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

21 hours ago, onehunglo said:

hard to beat Devonshire on soi lengkee

I tried the breakfast in the Devonshire and have to say I won't be back. I didn't like it at all. Far better breakfasts out there.

• Like 1

The additional charge for breakfast at some hotels is crazy.
Mercure wanted an extra £11 (415baht) per day when I was looking at my Feb trip. That buys you a lot of breakfast in Pattaya e.g. my favoutite, the Sportsman's largest offering at 249 baht with unlimited (excellent) coffee refills. 

Remember that hotel breakfasts are usually for 2 so if you do go out with your LT you’ll get stung for her 3 dishes and what she wants to take home to her sisters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sherma said:

Remember that hotel breakfasts are usually for 2 so if you do go out with your LT you’ll get stung for her 3 dishes and what she wants to take home to her sisters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only if you let her. :D

The hotels I've stayed at offered complimentary breakfast if I remember but I wouldn't pay for it if I had to.

I can count on one hand all the times I've eaten breakfast at a hotel in Pattaya. Like others I'm usually sleeping through breakfast. Most of it is nasty anyways.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

New entry to the 99 baht breakfast crowd.

A few doors up from Deli Diner, off Pattaya Tai.

72556527_2381163958878952_664060235257741312_o.thumb.jpg.9fced96b058c4c0719a7c1a30f733d45.jpg

72566404_2381164125545602_3940879574958604288_o.thumb.jpg.48435c5770416b18923b8bcaea2785c0.jpg

• Like 3