Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cost of breakfast

drwb

On 09/10/2019 at 04:09, QuotaMan said:

The hotels I've stayed at offered complimentary breakfast if I remember but I wouldn't pay for it if I had to.

I can count on one hand all the times I've eaten breakfast at a hotel in Pattaya. Like others I'm usually sleeping through breakfast. Most of it is nasty anyways.

Gone are the days of breakfast being the most important meal of the day or you can still have it but not til around 1pm at the earliest, the fasting is good for the body and belly fat is reduced.  Less carbs is good too especially at night :wink:

assuming the rock factory on buakaow is the place mentioned above good luck selling that to the price sensitive falangs

• Like 2

On 07/10/2019 at 03:22, BlooBell said:

The additional charge for breakfast at some hotels is crazy.

Mercure wanted an extra £11 (415baht) per day when I was looking at my Feb trip. That buys you a lot of breakfast in Pattaya e.g. my favoutite, the Sportsman's largest offering at 249 baht with unlimited (excellent) coffee refills. 

Casa Pascale a block from Mercure has an amazing breakfast/lunch buffet for b245.  https://www.restaurant-in-pattaya.com/breakfastlunch-buffet   8am-2pm. For me, far and away the best breakfast.

"The most popular breakfast buffet in Pattaya due to its wide selection of oven-fresh baked goods, a grill station on the terrace, hot and cold Western and Asian dishes, pastries, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, and much more."

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

2 minutes ago, LTGTR said:

Casa Pascale a block from Mercure has an amazing breakfast/lunch buffet for b245.  https://www.restaurant-in-pattaya.com/breakfastlunch-buffet   8am-2pm. For me, far and away the best breakfast.

"The most popular breakfast buffet in Pattaya due to its wide selection of oven-fresh baked goods, a grill station on the terrace, hot and cold Western and Asian dishes, pastries, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, and much more."

That looks excellent.

I've seen other positive reviews and had the place on my list but wasn't aware they catered so well for breakfast.

I'll definitely be trying them out on my next trip, cheers.

1 hour ago, LTGTR said:

That looks like more of a typical North American Sunday brunch menu to me then a breakfast buffet. Pretty good price indeed, will have to try it next time in town.

On 26/08/2019 at 18:50, SLEUTH said:

Best budget breakfast on my recent trip was Cheap Charlies next to Sutus Court on Soi Bukao, can't remember price but arounf 100 baht.

Highly recommended...great bacon for a change

Definitely cheap Charlie's breakfast. Pisses all over irovers and retox for quality as well 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 13:42, Taa_Saparot said:

New entry to the 99 baht breakfast crowd.

A few doors up from Deli Diner, off Pattaya Tai.

72566404_2381164125545602_3940879574958604288_o.thumb.jpg.48435c5770416b18923b8bcaea2785c0.jpg

I tried the 99 baht brekky and it was fine. The sausages were nicely seasoned, eggs fried properly,  asked for toast instead of fried bread, meat was lean back bacon and the tea wasn't Lipton, a plus. Black pudding isn't offered. There also wasn't a puddle of grease on the plate as with the Retox" Baht Buster. The only drawback, and it's significant, is that they didn't have the AC on and it was hotter inside than outside. I pointed this out to tbem. Will eat there again as some of the menu items looked interesting and reasonable priced.

Some of the breakfast items are sprinkled throughout the menu so check out the whole thing.

Edited by likeaking
  • Thanks 1

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 12/10/2019 at 13:42, Taa_Saparot said:

New entry to the 99 baht breakfast crowd.

A few doors up from Deli Diner, off Pattaya Tai.

72556527_2381163958878952_664060235257741312_o.thumb.jpg.9fced96b058c4c0719a7c1a30f733d45.jpg

72566404_2381164125545602_3940879574958604288_o.thumb.jpg.48435c5770416b18923b8bcaea2785c0.jpg

cartoonman was giving this place the thumbs up last time i saw him

1 hour ago, striderman said:

cartoonman was giving this place the thumbs up last time i saw him

He must live in the area, as he recommends all the restaurants around here.

I'm planning my first visit to Pattaya this August and I noticed hotels on booking.com generally offer options with or without 'continental breakfasts' included. This seems to be the only distinguishing feature between the two options yet having breakfast included is an extra $90 for 14 days while the other option explicitly states that the breakfast can be purchased singly for approx. $3-$4? Am I missing something here? Why would I want to pay an overpriced fixed fee of $90 instead of paying 14 x $3 = $42? Or go somewhere else and eat if I discover the breakfast on offer is shit?
did i miss something obvious here? i haven't travelled in a long time.
I usually pass on hotel breakfast if there's added charge...I stay nearby Apex hotel or Lek hotel for their buffet breakfast for 150bht....its been awhile , not sure how much but it's now,, money for value...they can cook u up an omelette....also if u want more upmarket LK Princess beach rd@soi 11 has a good breakfast buffet for 250baht.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using Tapatalk

Did Retox on soi Lengkee (what is now known as Lone Star) bring back thier baht buster?

I understood they discontinued it for a while. 

Pleasure is the only thing one should live for. 

Nothing ages like happiness.

- Oscar Wilde -

Just now, Zeema said:

Did Retox on soi Lengkee (what is now known as Lone Star) bring back thier baht buster?

1925540983_3oct009(Custom).JPG.2903c8709950ae7b9f6a9b56d2667357.JPG

12 minutes ago, Zeema said:

Not back yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/08/2019 at 00:50, SLEUTH said:

Best budget breakfast on my recent trip was Cheap Charlies next to Sutus Court on Soi Bukao, can't remember price but arounf 100 baht.

Highly recommended...great bacon for a change

This is my 89b "small" breakfast from Cheap Charlies today:

th_246614186_IMG_20191210_125253_122_299

• 1 month later...

For me Cafe pitini in soi buakao offer good breakfast at the right price. Give them a try

Inviato dal mio LYA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

And breakfast sausage replaces black pudding, grilled tomatoes and fried bread as it relates to difference between American and English breakfast.

Edited by cytolliver

On 22/10/2019 at 12:26, Zeema said:

finito completo

1847588833_30ajan003(Custom).JPG.5877ae9d4d7af16822969ea3dea78dcf.JPG

First up - it is not a "free breakfast"! When you look at the options you will see that it shuld be more accurately described as "Breakfast included". Agoda and the other on-line booking sites are misleading and misrepresenting the offer. 

Second - many of the hotels have been(were) colonized by Chinese packages tour group so as I have found out to my cost, the breakfast features their tastes and the western food on offer is both meager and uninteresting. 

Third - on holiday it can becoming boring breakfasting at he same spot every morning.

Fourthly - in Pattaya there is a diverse range of interesting restaurants that offer good value western breakfast at a very competitive price.

Fifth - you may not want a large breakfast everyday but as it has been included the tendency is to eat it and, 

Finally - taking the opportunity to walk out and explore the area while looking for a breakfast spot has a number of other positives.

My advice - do not opt for the breakfast included. Better to self manage  

• Like 2

On 11/02/2020 at 08:12, cytolliver said:

That is Cheap Charlies menu?

Negative.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.